"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Christmas Cha-Ching Chuckle and a Monochromatic CAS

Hello and happy hump day my friends!
Since my plan is to stay in the air conditioning this week while it's hot out, I'm happy to report that I'm not only getting lots of fun stamping done, but I'm getting an awesome head start with my Christmas cards! Yay!  I don't think I could ever have enough of them!  So here's some more for ya!

LOL!!  Now isn't that the truth?!  This of course is another one of those Bugaboo images.  She is from their line of Stella images...this one called Stella Christmas-Christmas Cost.
I've added sparkle to her hat fur trim and it's hard to tell in photo, but I've also added some crystal effects to her glasses.  I thought that the dollar sign accents would work well with the sentiment! :0)

And this here are the challenges that this card was made for:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July challenge 5 (Make me Laugh)
Sunday Sketch & Stamp - sketch (flipped)
Papertake Weekly - Buttons & Bows
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now I have another creation that I'd like to share with you today.
I do enjoy making ALL types and styles of cards from the most intricate detailed to the one-layer simple.
The point being you never know just WHAT you'll be finding on my blog from day to day...whatever your tastes are, I'm pretty sure that at some point I will fulfill your wishes! LOL!

For this creation, I still kept with the "Christmas" theme going on with me this week...
I'm not sure if this is considered a one-layer or not and when I started it, I really wasn't sure exactly where I was going with it, but I think I like the blues among the pure white background.
  The sentiment is an older Whimsy Stamps sentiment that was embossed in white on the blue banner.  It just seemed the only thing I could find that fit on it.

Here are the challenges that I made this creation for:
CAS(E) This Sketch

Charisma Cardz - No design paper
Brown Sugar - Shades of Blue
CAS on Sunday - Christmas in July

I hope that you've enjoyed my Christmas designs today and please come back again tomorrow where I should have another couple of creations to share with you!  Thanks for dropping in!
Have a great day and stay cool!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

35 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Hi Vicki! Great cards as always and your showman is adorable! Love the stamps you used for his bg too! Thanks for playing with DRS Designs this week!

Kimbo said...

Two great cards but my favourite has to be Stella. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp x

Rhonda Miller said...

I love both of these. I got a good chuckle from the first one. Lol.

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely delightful! I love the softness of the holiday card with the pop of blue - stunning! And the first one is a hoot - can't go wrong with a Stella! :)

I just figured out how to manuever your new blog ~ it's gorgeous!!!

Deb said...

WEll done getting a head start on Christmas Vicki, they are both fabulous cards!
Sorry I haven't been by lately, apart from being busy your blog vanished from my side bar which I rely on to tell me when blogs are updated. All fixed now though, glad I spotted you in someone elses comments and came over to see.
Debxx

downrightcrafty said...

you have been busy and with two gorgeous card love the top one for the fun factor
Hugs Kate xx

Chrissy said...

You gotta love Stella..lol..fab card Vicki and love the your CAS card with the snowman..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

2 very cute cards Vicki! Although I am slightly more partial to the snowman ;) I love how you mounted him on top of the giga circle - very clever!! And BTW, I actually designed our snowman friend so that you can cut off his arms, cause I'm not always into cutting :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki I just could not help but smile when I saw that first card it is both fantastic and fun, i love the sentiment and card design a great image, the second card is simple but gorgeous I love them both
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Fabulous cards Vicki, Stella looks awesome and I love that fun sentiment! Gorgeous snowman card too, love the CAS design my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Wendy L said...

Lovely snowman card, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. xxx,

Danni said...

You are really on a roll with the holiday cards! Your first one is so funny~made me giggle and the snowman is so pretty!!

Tammy said...

Great cards for Christmas! Love, love Stella!

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous cards Vicki! Wow, you are going to have a stack of Christmas cards in no time. Love Stella, and how cute is that dollar sign! The snowman is adorable, and I love the clean background you gave him. hugs, Kimberly

Patricia St Martin said...

You sure are getting a good start on the cards. It is best to stay in the house and stay cool. Both of them are adorable. Love the sentiment on the first one and your snowman is just adorable.
Hugs, Patricia

Shelia said...

Your snowman card is so adorable. I love the background you created for him. Your first card made me chuckle out loud!! It's just too cute! Thank you for joining us at DRS Designs!

Asha said...

Two cute cards! Stella is such a hoot..even at Christmas. And I LOVE your one layer number - so adorable. You never fail to amaze me. Thanks for sharing so generously, my friend!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! You are on a roll! The first Christmas Card is so fun....I love the dollar signs. And the second Christmas Card is SO PRETTY! Stay cool!

Patti J said...

Vicki, your first card is so funny! I adore the Stella and Gus images at Bugaboo! Adorable card! That second card is warm and beautiful!

NanaConnie said...

I just bought this Stella image, Vicki, and I love her to pieces. Haven't used her yet but you give me some great ideas. I LOVE the dollar sign embellies! Fab coloring and dp. The snowman is adorable and I love the CAS design. BTW, check out my blog on Friday. I CASEd your penguin card design and will have a link to your blog in my post so that people can see how you inspired me. :-D.

Regina said...

hi, Vicki, your first card made me smile! The image is fun!
Both Christmas card are wonderful!

hugs Regina

julieprice3 said...

I love snowmen, so sweet!
The sentiment on the first one gave me a smile, very clever
Hugs Julie P

donna mikasa said...

Love that sweet snowman--a perfect take on the sketch! Thanks for joining CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki the colours and your designs are beautiful my friend, love the snowman too cute and Bug images are my favorite.
Hugs Linda

Ellen said...

Both of these are fantastic!!! I spit coffee all over my computer when I saw the first one! LOVE IT!! Fabulous take on the sketch~ Your snowman is such a cutie! Have a wonderful day!
hugs
Ellen

Scrapaddict said...

Cute snowman card. Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Shades of Blue Challenge!

Dawn Frost said...

You are just on fire Vicki, lol! I love Stella, man I hope my boobs don't look like that in 20 years, scary thought!

Margaret said...

Great humorous card and love those dollar signs. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love both of these. Stella always makes me laugh and I love your design with the dollar signs, but I have to say your CAS is amazing!

Quip1320 said...

Loving that little snowman. So happy you joined us at CTS.

Samantha - Sparkly Moo said...

Love them both, but the first one made me laugh :)
Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp x

Jill said...

gorgeous creations hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Barb Murphy said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! Thanks for linking up to CAS on Sunday!!

crafty-stamper said...

both great cards but love the sentiment on the Stella one -the CAS one is gorgeous love the cute snowman
carol x

Sue said...

Your Stella card put a smile on my face this Monday morning! Love your great mix of papers too. And Oh how true is that sentiment!!

Snowman CAS card is beautiful. Love snowmen!!

Hugs
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...