"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, July 19, 2013

A "Joyful" Christmas Angel

Happy Friday to you!  I am so glad that the weekend is here, but I have to say that it went by sort of fast with all of the Christmas creating I was doing! LOL!
So I'm here to share my last installment of the Christmas in July challenges...
I think this fellow is so cute!  This is another Bugaboo image called Jesse Bear Angel - Cloud Sitter.  I thought he would work for a Christmas style design for today.  I've done several different things to this image to achieve different looks like coloring the halo with a gold glitter pen, I used some smooches on his wings and then I painted the cloud with some white Shimmerz paint and sprinkled some glitter over it while it was still wet.  I also added some Stickles to the stars.  I even stamped a small star in the background.  The main panel, ribbon and sentiment oval are all cream color.  The edges of the image panel got a dose of glitter too along with the edges of the sentiment oval on the bow.

Of course don't forget the metallic gold corners along with a rhinestone in the middle of the stars!
I think I've managed to bling this one up pretty good! LOL!  It looks so sparkly in person though!

So here are some challenges that I'd like enter this one for:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July challenges (recipe challenge, see below)

Try Stamping on Tuesday (TSOT9) - sketch (see below)

Sentimental Sundays - You've Been FRAMED (+ sentiment)
Paper Crafting Journey - Christmas in July
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1329) - Inspired by Song:  "Hark! The Harold Angels Sing"
(I've been in the Christmas mood all week! LOL!)

Thanks so much for joining along with me all week with my Christmas postings.  I hope that you have enjoyed all of my creations and it was fun to create with the rest of you doing the same challenges!  I always have fun looking at what everyone else is doing too!  If you are just a lurker here, please be sure to leave me a comment and I'll stop by for a visit!  Hope you all have a great weekend!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

34 comments:

Stef H said...

this is adorable. i like that it's not red and green and i love those corners!!!

let's hope it cools off like they say it's gonna!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Asha said...

There's no stopping you, my friend! You've gone and done another cutie. Looks like a case of too much egg nog... I mean the little bear... not you! lol
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

NanaConnie said...

It's fantastic, Vicki! Love the gold and the glitter. What a sweet image and yes, it definitely does work for a Christmas tag. Hasn't this week been fun? :-D

Deb said...

This is so adorable, love that sweet image!
My week went so fast too, preparing for CHA, can't wait!
Debxx

Maria Matter said...

so adorable!
just stopping by to say hi, enjoy your weekend!

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous! Such a soft, sweet Christmas card - love that lil bear!

Tammy said...

Precious, precious card! Love the soft colors and wonderful coloring! Definitely brings joy!

Amy Johnson said...

So super cute! Love the stars and all the sparkle.

A 300 square foot house huh? Um, that would be the size of my garden shed. Surely, you jest. I actually dream of selling my house and living in an RV someday. I'm so tired of the upkeep.

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a pretty blue scheme! Love that lil' bear too! I need to take your inspiration and get busy making holiday cards too!

Regina said...

Vicki, the little angel makes me smile! The colors and the sparkle really add a special touch to this card.
wish you a wonderful weekend and
big hugs Regina

downrightcrafty said...

what a cutie Vicki and so sweet and soft
Hugs Kate xx

sgc said...

What a cute Christmas Angel card! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's Christmas in July challenges.

Min said...

How sweet this is and perfect for a Christmas card!
Happy Merry Christmas in July!! We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Christmas in July" Recipe Challenge and Celebration with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us for our Saturday BINGO Challenge Today!!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki, love this sweet bear angel and the shades of blue...perfick :) Donna ♥ x

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Vicki love the colours and your gorgeous designs, perfect Christmas.
Hugs Linda

Dawn Frost said...

Oh he is just so sweet! I love the glitter on the clouds!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love the blue and gold and the cutest image, your corners are so pretty. It finally cooled down and turned off the AC to give it a rest. Hope it has cooled by you. Have a super week end.
Hugs, Patricia

julieprice3 said...

How sweet, what a cute little bear, love the colours too, very cute
Hugs Julie P

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, oh Vicki what a fabulous fun image he sure brought a smile to my face, lol, how cute this is such a super card I love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is adorable! Love the wonderful colors and adorable image!!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful sparkle on this sweet angel bear Vicki!

Sarah said...

Oh wow, this card is adorable! I love all the elements you have added and the colour combo is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday

paula laird said...

What a cute card! I love how you have combined the challenges to come up with such a gorgeous card. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Tammy said...

Oh this is so cute Vicki!! I love that image and all of your fabulous rounded corners!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous card and love the cute image,gorgeous bow and all the sparkle
carol x

Sue said...

Cute, cute, cute, and love the sparkle too.

Hugs
Sue

Chrissy said...

Love the little bear with his slipped halo Vicki...too cute.Love the sparkle and fabulous colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

gorgeous card with that cute fellow, Vicki...love all the sparkling...hope you're doing fine!
xxx Margreet

Sue - bearhouse said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the cute image, beautiful colour and wonderful sparkly bits
hugs Sue xx

nwilliams6 said...

Great Christmas card- cute image and wonderful details. Cute!!!! Hugz!

nwilliams6 said...

Great Christmas card- cute image and wonderful details. Cute!!!! Hugz!

Crystal said...

Awwww such a totally adorable image Vicki.... Love this card!!!!

MiamiKel said...

Many congratulations on your Riley and Company win! I'm so excited for you - Happy Shopping! :)

Sabrina said...

I should really have been singing a Christmas song myself! Thank you for joining the CCEE Stampers with this sweet Christmas card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...