"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Merry & Bright Penguin

Whew!  It's a hot one out there today folks!  It's supposed to get up to over 90 degrees with a heat index of 100 degrees...so I'm staying inside the air conditioning!!  I woke up this morning and there was even moisture on the outside of windows!  That was about 6:30 am and it was already muggy!
So today, I thought I'd bring some cooler thoughts your way with another Christmas design using this really adorable penguin...
Isn't he a cute lil feller?! :0)  If you've been following around my blog(s) with me the last few years, then you know how much I love penguins...I have a nice collection of penguin stamps.  I had to this one to it as well! LOL!!  This is Poppi xmas candy cane from Bugaboo stamps.  I've added some sparkle to his hat fur trim and put some crystal effects on his beak and feet & holly berries for some shine.  Then I cut him out and popped him up on the embossed panel.  It may be hard to see in this photo, but the striped background papers are glittery and of course I used some red glimmer ribbon.  I LOVE getting out my Christmas papers and using them up!  Especially thinking of snow and ice while it's SO HOT out!! LOL!

And of course I made this especially for certain challenges today:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July - challenge 4 Bugaboo Bingo
(I used the ribbon, Bugaboo image & sentiment)

Monday Mojo - sketch MOJO302
Kaboodle Doodles - anything embossed (wet or dry)

I need to fill up on some more coffee and then I'll be around to see what you are all up to today!  I will have a couple of creations to share again with you tomorrow!  I hope you're enjoying this week long posting every day with me!  I'm having fun staying cool inside and stamping! :0)
Have a great day!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

29 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Such a festive little Christmas creation and I love the embossing in the background.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Desire Fourie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Such a festive little Christmas creation and I love the embossing in the background.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cute little guy! love that embossing folder, too. so glad to see something that at least LOOKS cool... is winter coming yet? sheesh, I'm so weary of being sweaty hot! ;)

always a treat to stop by to see your cards! stay cool!

NanaConnie said...

That's one of my favorite penguin images, and you've really made him sparkle and shine. Great card, Vicki!

Stef H said...

boy, i'm glad i'm not the only one who had moisture on my windows. i thought it was foggy out. this sucks.... but love your card! feel cooler just admiring it!

hugs :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous and cute Vicki!! I just love your penquin, the embossing and your colors!! Too sweet!!
hugs,
Chris

Bernadette Bliss said...

What a cute,cute card! Love it.

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful
Hugs Kate xx

Crystal said...

Awwwww Vicki girl that penguin is soooooo adorable!!! What a fun fun fabulous card girly!!!

Julia Aston said...

we're sweltering here in MA as well Vicki! Love the layers on this with the patterns and embossing and of course that cute penguin - front and center!

Amy Johnson said...

So cute! It's pretty hot here too....I think i'll make some chilly Christmas Cards tomorrow too!

NanaConnie said...

Too, too adorable, Vicki! Love your design layout. Was just about to go work on my Friday card for Christmas in July and just may have to CASE this one now that I've seen it. :-D Great coloring and cutting job on the penguin and perfect paper choices!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki he is adorable! Love the sparkle and shine.
Hugs, Patricia

Susan Dube said...

How cute and festive! I love your coloring and the embossed background is gorgeous! Such pretty papers and I love that ribbon! So glad to see you back stamping! I've missed you so!

Hugs,

Susan

Asha said...

Too cute, my friend. That little guy steals the show. I also love that embossed panel. An adorable Christmas card!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Patti J said...

Gosh, another overachiever...lol! Can't believe all the friends that are already making Christmas cards! Good for you! This is so sweet...of course, all of your penguins are! Thanks for sharing another darling creation! Bet you are getting ready for the craft fairs!!!

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck x

Sue from Oregon said...

Love the penguins...and that paper is awesome!!!

Sue - bearhouse said...

Fabulous card Vicki. I love the cute image , beautiful papers and fabulous layout.
hugs Sue xx

Davi said...

Vicki this is absolutely darling, love the texture, dp and that cutie penguin!! Have a great week :)

Tammy said...

Wow, fantastic! Awesome and cute penguin!

Kimberly S said...

So cute and fun Vicki! The penguin is adorable, and I'm loving the embossing behind him! hugs, Kimberly

Pat (mspfd) said...

I just got this sweet image, Vicki. I only hope I can color mine half as good as you did yours. It's gorgeous; and your beautiful layout, papers and textures look terrific.

Regina said...

This is simply marvelous!
the litte pinguin is sweet and I like your layout!

hugs Regina

julieprice3 said...

I love the embossing, very pretty design
Hugs Julie P

Ellen said...

To cute Vicki! love the papers and your coloring is fabulous! My daughter actually celebrates National Penguins Day every year~ Awesome card!!

Dawn Frost said...

Great minds think alike I did the penguin for Tuesday challenge too! Perfect Christmas card!

Berni Cuttino said...

OMG, this is so darn adorable, I went to Antartica just to see the penguins. Your coloring is fantastic and this creation is beautifully crafted.
Hugs

Min said...

How stinkin' cute is this - LOVE IT!
Happy Merry Christmas in July!! We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug “Christmas in July" BINGOC Challenge and Celebration with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us for our Saturday BINGO Challenge tomorrow!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...