"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, July 5, 2013

Birthday Boy is Starred

Hello friends!  Happy Friday to you!  The weekend is finally here!
I have posted this a bit later than I wanted, but I had a few things to take care of this morning before I took photos and make up a post.

A few days ago I saw on Facebook someone had posted about a sick little boy who was asking for like 1 million cards for this birthday and I was really touched by the story obviously and wanted to be sure to send him one.  HERE is the article if you're interested.

I got busy yesterday and didn't get to post something for July 4th, but I thought it would be awesome to incorporate the red, white and blue colors in this card for the little boy today! :)
I think this little boy image is so sweet!  I love the stars on his shirt!  The little boy image is from DRS Designs and the sentiment is from my Stampin' Up! Family Reunion set.

It's hard to see on the white square panel behind the boy, but I've embossed it with a "shooting star" folder.  The papers I've used come from World Spectacular DP from Stampin' Up!  I punched out some stars and added a rhinestone.  I'm always careful about adding too much "bling" to a masculine style card as my son would say it's "girl stuff".
I really enjoyed making this one and hope that it will bring a smile to the little boy's face.

There are tons of challenges with 4th of July theme, so I may pop back in with another creation that I'd like send along for a very special military person that I know.

For now, these challenges should work with this one:
Mojo Monday (MOJO300) - celebration sketch
Craft Your Passion - Red, White & Blue
Tuesday Throwdown - Stars & Stripes
Creative Inspirations - Red, White & Blue
Cute Card Thursday - Stars and/or Stripes
--------------------------------------------------------------------

And you know of course I couldn't leave this post without sharing with you another something yummy that I made yesterday.  As you can already tell, my family loves their sweets, so I've made some of my homemade chocolate chip cookies with bits of pecans mixed in with it...even my dog is a "cookie hound"! LOL!  I swear she can hear us open the container...how do they know?!
Yummy!  Maybe if you scratch at your computer screen, you can smell how yummy they are...but they taste even better!  Gotta love chocolate chips, right?!

That's all the fun I have for you so far...perhaps I can find some extra time to spend in my stamp room this weekend.  Until then, hope you all have an excellent weekend!
Thanks so much for dropping by!!  Love to hear what you have to say! :)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

16 comments:

Margaret said...

Wonderful card, Vicki. It really shows the patriotic theme and the stars and stripes. Thanks for joining us at Tuedsday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just adorable! Love those layered stars! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Stef H said...

oh i love it! love the red, white & blue and the layout.

cookies look yummy too.

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Jennifer Scull said...

oh he is so much fun! sure to bring a smile to the boy who is collecting cards. and yes, thank you, I'll take one of those yummy looking cookies. if Stef left any that is..... I am just a few minutes too late, getting here after her! grins!

enjoy your weekend! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Hey you!!! I want some cookies now!! they look so good. Love your card it is so cute.. We did make so snores yesterday and those marshmallows where so good, have not done that in a long time. Hey I keep just talking away, I think I'm getting tired. Your little guy is adorable and love the way you colored him.. I hope you do not mind but I will post about this little boy on my blog and maybe we can get him some more cards. I will send him some and maybe we can make his birthday a little special.
Hugs, Pat

Donna said...

Hey Vicky, love your card hun, such a sweet design and perfect for our colour challenge of red, white and blue. Thanks for joining in with us at Creative Inspirations this week :) Donna x

decp8nter said...

Just adorable! I am way partial to the good old red, white & blue & you've done a spectacular job show casing those colors with this fun card. Love all the stars.

MommyScraps said...

Vicky, love your coloring! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Craft Your Passion! Have a great day!
Adina

Sue said...

Aww, Vicki this is just a sweet card. And hope sweet of you to send this child a card, I am sure he will appreciate it. Love the red white and blue theme.

Hugs
Sue

alethea said...

fab boy Card! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

Julia Aston said...

what a sweet boy card Vicki! love the papers and all the layers! Great coloring on your image - and I CAN smell those cookies from my screen!!

Asha said...

Card AND cookie?! You're too kind, Vicki! A great card for a little guy. Such fun colours and isn't that Mojo sketch fab?!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

julieprice3 said...

Just gorgeous, what a lovely thought
Hugs Julie P

Shell said...

Brilliant card, Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.

rachel said...

Fabulous card Vicki - great image and LO. Thanks for joining us at CI this week and good luck x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh yum, my mouth is watering... Cookies and a gorgeous card -- doesn't get better than that! Oh Vicki, what a fabulous design -- plus you colored up the image beautifully. Love all the stars, fabulous layout, and papers. This awesome card is going to bring big smiles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...