"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, July 8, 2013

Charmed with Summer

Hello friends and happy Monday to ya! :0)
As you can see...I'm going slowly with my creations to try and gain back my "MOJO" little by little.    I really can't wait to get my hands on all of my poorly neglected stamps.  I'm trying to use what I have as I've come to realize this year that I have an overwhelming abundance of stamps and embellishments!
**If you'd like to join me in this movement...leave me a comment with your creation and what your "poorly neglected" stash is!  I'd be happy to leave you some love!**

So on to my creations for you today!  I'm trying not to miss out on a challenge or two that I've been wanting to play in...let's see if I beat the clock before I'm done posting!
 I cut out the girl and the  pail and shovel to add to the beach scene.   I added some glitter to the sun I stamped in the top corner and to the drops of water dripping from the little girl.  I found a fun flip flop charm and thought it would be perfect to add to this design.

Now here's some challenges that I hope not to miss:



Crafty Catz - Child's Play

That was such a fun one to color, cut out and put together...love those yummy colors!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's another card that I made and had promised you in my last post that I was going to share a very special patriotic creation that I wanted to make for a special person.
This is a relative that I came to know through my husband and he's an older man who had served in the military and even earned a purple heart.  I have tremendous respect for him and he's such a kind-hearted person who happens to enjoy my hand made cards! :)
So this one is for you Uncle Don....
I found this awesome star charm and wanted to add it for an accent.  Although I missed the July 4th time frame, I know that it's never a bad time to thank our fellow men and women who serve our country!  I hope you all like it!

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter for this one before time runs out:
Simon Says - patriotic
Creative Belli (CBC173) - stars (old charm I found!)
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - 4th of July
2 Sisters - red, white & blue
Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C193) - Let's Get Wordy!

So that's all I have for you today, but I know I will be back with more soon as I've gotten more of my forgotten stamps and stash and I am currently working on putting together something else that I'd like to share with you!  So I hope you'll be back for that.

For now, it's raining outside which means it's a good day to stay in and craft! :0)
Stay cool this week...it's going to get muggy over my way!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

33 comments:

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Both cards are awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHOCOLATE, COFFEE and CARDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Pat (mspfd) said...

Without a doubt, your mojo is working in high gear! Both of these card are fantastic Vicki -- love the image and fabulous fresh colors on the first. Your second card is amazing. What a fabulous poem.

downrightcrafty said...

two great cards hun love them both
Hugs Kate xx

Sue said...

You are most welcome Vicki!! I love what you've done with all our stamps! Your beach scene is amazing and I LOVE the Soldier's Thank You card.

It's so great to see you and your wonderful cards again!!

Stef H said...

you only THINK you lose your mojo, but he's ALWAYS there. these are both stunning but i just love the americana one! kudos to hubby!

looks like you've gone back to your original blog... way back when - LOL.

have a great week.

hugs :)

Patti J said...

Ooh! Your purple is pretty! Beautiful coloring, wonderful card! The patriotic card made me a bit misty eyed. Thanks for sharing...

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic sketch, Vicki! Have to say your soldier card brought a tear to my eye. I have a Marine grandson of whom I'm so proud and that would make a perfect card for him, too.
If I missed commenting on a post or two, forgive me. I'm so far behind on commenting because I was gone for 5 days and the posts do pile up. :-D Hugs.

Asha said...

Love both your cards, Vicki - they're gorgeous. The one for the soldier is especially touching. Thanks for sharing.
xxx Asha

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful cards Vicki, I love the little charms, such a nice touch
Hugs Julie P

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Vicki love the colour's and image thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx

cheiron said...

Wonderful sentiment and wonderful card. Uncle Don is sure to appreciate it. Thanks for playing along in the Patriotic challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous cards Vicki!! I just love the sweet image, your coloring and your colors on the first and the sentiment on the second!!

Thanks for letting me know about your new blog and visiting me!! I am following you using Bloglovin'

hugs,
Chris

Dawn Frost said...

She is adorable Vicki! Love the added sparkle and the charm is too cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

You are doing fantastic with your mojo with all the little extra touches you add make the cards special. Like how you added the background on to the front of the card nice touch, image is so much fun, love the charm, wonderful colors. Your second card is the perfect CAS card and thanks for sharing that wonderful sentiment, that I have and forgot I had it.Beautiful papers.
Hugs, Pat

Shelia said...

These are both lovely cards. I really like the beach scene you created for the first one! Great design to feature the awesome sentiment on the second! Thank you for playing along with us at DRS Designs!

Jac said...

Aww your beach scene is just so adorable and love the flip flop charm, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Jennifer said...

Totally wonderful Vicki! I'm so sorry I haven't been around. Life has been so full and I've been away from my computer a lot lately.
Such a wonderful creation for summer! Love your layered bow and the wonderful glitter you've given her droplets!
Wonderful tribute to the solder's card! Great quote!
Have a beautiful day!

Angela said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Love the cute image and sweet scene created in the first card. And your second card is very patriotic! Love the background flag paper. Thanks for visiting my blog dear, big hugs, Angela

Tammy said...

Finally, I found you! So glad, I've missed you and your wonderful creations and what you have up for this post are just fantastic and so creative! I'm happy knowing I can see all you do once again!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

THese are so cute, Vicki! So good to see you again! I've been cleaning up the DRS blog and I was sorry to see you had gotten rid of your old blog...all your pics on the DRS site have disappeared!! I'm glad to see you back!

Davi said...

Vicki Im so glad you are back creating my friend! Missed seeing all your gorgeous creations, and these are no exception!!

Erin Gonzales said...

All I have to say is I wish I was THAT cute in a bathing suit, LOL!! Great card and I love the little flip flop charm, ADORBS!! Thanks for playing at HSS.

Julia Aston said...

Love your beach card with the cute bather and sweet little flips charm Vicki! and what a wonderful patriotic verse for your card for your uncle Don!

Erika Clark said...

Just precious! I love the flip flop charm, and the glittery water and sunshine keep catching my eye. And I have to add that my neglected stash is my scrapbooking supply. Cards have taken over, and my poor layout supplies are collecting dust bunnies :) I'm so glad you joined us at HSS! Erika

Sue - bearhouse said...

Hello Vicki. So pleased I found your new blog!
Your card are wonderful. I love the cheery image and sunny colours on your first card and the wording on your second card is so beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

great to see you back Vicki love the card and cute image and flip flopcharm and beautiful sentiment on the soldiers card
carol x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both fabulous, I love the cute little beach scene and the flip flop charm is so cute!!!

craftyeyes said...

fab card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous beach scene Vicki and such a cute image.Love the flip flop charm..and love your Soldiers of America card, what a great verse..

Luv CHRISSYxx

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderfully done! I love the smile on her face - makes me smile too and your patriotic card is very special. I love your cards!

Donna said...

Amazing cards Vicki, love the fun theme of the first one and the second is perfect for the occasion, the sentiment is very profound :) Donna ♥ x

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Haha! Your card is fun in the sun! So cute and great idea for these summery colors! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Send me some MoJo! Love your darling summer card- and I LOVE your Patriotic card- the sentiment is awesome- love the star and the DP is too cool! What an honor it must be to know this gentleman!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...