"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Charmingly Hooked!

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day today!
I thought it would be fun to make a CAS design for a couple of challenges..so I pulled out some stamps to have a play and this is what I came up with:
Now I am not one for fishing with the yucky baiting of hooks and slimy fish, but I have to admit that this little worm guy is so cute!
Going through my big stash of charms, I found a charm with two hearts that were hooked together and thought it would work nicely with my design.  I've used some silver metal brads along the side of the blue panel, used some metallic silver card stock for a layer behind the worm and I even colored the hook with my metallic gel pen.  I thought these items would compliment the silver charm.  Hope you like!

Here are some challenges that I played along with:
All Sorts - Kraft It! (use kraft card stock)
The Paper Players (PP156) - LeAnne's Sketch, see below:

So that's all for me today!  Short and sweet this time, but I'll be back again soon with another design that I've got going on "behind the scenes", so I hope you'll stop back by to join me again soon!
Thanks for taking the time to see what I'm doing today!  :0)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

32 comments:

Karin said...

Never has a worm been more darling! Great job on the sketch and the sweet little charm :) Thanks for playing with us at DRS Designs!

Stef H said...

this is just darling. i'm liking the blue embossing too.

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, so cute, hanging on for life. Just love the image and design.
Hugs

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh....this is just adorable! LOVE the charms as well as that cute little image. I don't mind worms but they are best left in the yard or on a card like this!!! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

Mary Lou said...

Super cute Vicki!! Love the colors together:)
Hugs and smiles

Wendy L said...

I agree he is cute, love the ribbon too, thanks for joining us at allsorts,xxx

Kimberly S said...

Who knew that a worm could be so cute! lol Adorable card Vicki, love that sweet sentiment too. hugs, Kimberly

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki and such a fun design, love the perfectly matched sentiment to go with the image and this is a really sweet CAS design :) Donna ♥ x

Shelly Schmidt said...

OMG- only you could make a worm look so sweet! I love the sentiment you used with it too- perfect!!!

Tammy said...

Too adorable and cute! Love the texture and the charms are lovely!

Shelia said...

oh I love the rosy cheek you gave this little guy!! Great job on the sketch too. Thank you for playing along with us at DRS Designs!

Linda said...

Oh wow this really made me smile!!!! Love the design and the wonderful sentiment!!!! Another super card my friend!!!!!

Deb said...

So gorgeous! love the kraft with the pretty blue colour and super cute image!
Debxx

Amy Johnson said...

That is such a cute card and sentiment. Love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so cute and I love the charms and the adorable image and fabulous card design.

Helene E said...

What a wonderful image Vicki! Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

Chrissy said...

Awww..he just adorable Vicki..lol..so cute and love the little hearts...gorgeous CAS card.

luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

awwwwwwwwwww how cute such a fabulous image
Hugs Kate xx

Sarah said...

Absolutely love this card Vicki, fab design and colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Kraft It challenge this week x

Jaydee said...

Vicki, what a great card. I love all of the texture your incorporated from the embossed background to the textured ribbon and those fabulous little hearts. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
jaydee

julieprice3 said...

So very cute!!
Hugs Julie P

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hehe this made me smile, love the fun image
Lindsay xx

Jennifer E. said...

Adorable! Your heart charms are perfect! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs this week!

Tammy said...

OMGosh that worm is sooo cute, Vicki!! Beautiful ribbon and charm!
Big Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

love the fun image and embossed strip and gorgeous bow
carol x

Patricia St Martin said...

How adorable... Love your CAS card you did a fantastic job!
Hugs, Pat

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Vicki! The heart trinkets are the perfect accent! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh gosh, I just love the play on words. It's perfect with this adorable image. Your design rocks and I love the addition of the charm.

Sandy said...

You always did the cutest cards - it's great to see you up and running full speed ahead!
sandy

Jennifer said...

This worm is so cute....too bad he's on the end of a hook! Very cute ribbon and charm!

NanaConnie said...

Love this card, Vicki! Wonderful embossing and great sentiment.

Asha said...

What a darling little worm...and that sentiment is perfect!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...