"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas in July is Merry & Bright!

Hello friends and happy "hump day" to ya! :0)
Since this is THE last day of July and there are several challenges going on with that theme, I didn't want miss all of the fun!  Besides, I think I've got a great start on my Christmas cards for this year and I have to say that's a really wonderful feeling because that's just one less thing I'll have to worry about when the time gets here...which will be very soon!

I've noticed that Elphine House Australia (Elisabeth Bell) has released a darling image that I already own from when it was released at Sugar Nellie!  (I don't see it in the store there, but I saw it being used by the talented Julie from the DT on the challenge blog...she inspired me to bring it out and use it!)
Isn't this just DARLING!  I've used it before a while back, but it's called "Trimming the Tree" by Elisabeth Bell for Elphine House Australia.  He's such a doll to color!  I've glittered up the star and the gold beads going around the tree.  I did some extra stamping around the image, to add the sentiment and decorate the middle of the bow with a star all from the same stamp set (HOTP) from my stash.

All the papers I've used here are from Stampin' Up! along with the glitter brads and border punch.
Yay for more Christmas!  Hope you enjoy my creation for ya today!

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Elphine House Australia - Christmas in July
Elisabeth Bell's World - Christmas in July
Card Crafter's Circle - Christmas in July
Crafty Catz - Christmas in July
2 Sisters - Sketch
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in July
ABC Challenges - Use up Scraps (I always have those stupid long strips left!)
Crafty Cardmakers - 1, 2, 3 recipe:  1 image, 2 designer papers, 3 embellishments-
(ribbon/bow, circle star, glitter gold brads)
Deep Ocean - Christmas in July

Tomorrow I have a fun shopping day with a friend, but I'm still working on some things to post later so I hope you'll come back soon to see what I've got going on!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

36 comments:

Tammy said...

Just love it! The image is so sweet and the extra stamping you did really makes it shine!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Waht a funny and all over so adorable and colorful card,,,,,,,,Incredible color combo.Thanks for your comments at Kate' s blog about my Kewpies adorable pict,,,so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff. (nicecrane@yahoo.com)

Deb said...

This is such a cutie, love the traditional colours on this one and those glittered brads are fabulous!
Debxx

Stef H said...

not only do i love your cards but i love your pictures of them... clean and crisp... and i love your layouts. they always look PERFECT... and gorgeous!

enjoy this cool weather, even if it is dreary!

hugs :)

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki and such a sweet design...makes me want to put my tree up now lol! :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog earlier x

Lin said...

What a sweet card. Love those glittery brads and the image is so cute.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

MiamiKel said...

OH My goodness, this is absolutely magical! What a perfect Christmas card! I love this muchly - the card design, the soft subtle look and the image being the focal point - perfection! 0xox

Berni Cuttino said...

Oh Vicki, this is so darn cute, in love with the design and the image is rockin with the holiday colors. Perfect holiday card.
Hugs

julieprice3 said...

I love this little cutie, beautifully coloured and created
Hugs Julie P

carol said...

ooh wow fabulous, love the LO, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh this is so adorable, I love the sweet image and the papers and layout are gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet image and card. I really love this one!

Kimberly S said...

This is such a sweet image, and I just love the layout and paper that you used on the card! Beautiful coloring Vicki! :) hugs, Kimberly

sue morris said...

Awww....what a sweet little card!! It's a perfect boy Christmas card!! Love the plaid/tweed look!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, this is a fabulous Christmas card. Precious image, beautifully colored, and I just love the color palette. You always come up with the best designs!

debby4000 said...

Soooooo adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous image and love the plaid with the cream looks lovely
Hugs Kate xx

Shirley-Anne Barber said...

Love the card design with beautiful papers and sweet image .Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle .

PaperDaisies said...

Love the papers you have chosen. It sets off the image so well. Just love it. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki, I love that adorable image!! Fabulous layout and papers!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

love the gorgeous image,and papers and love the glittery gold brads
carol x

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is adorable! You are making me eager for the holiday crafting!! Bet you're busy with craft fair items already! Wish we had a good fair around here. Beautiful card, Vicki!!,

Sharon said...

This is an awesome Christmas Card Vicki. Just love the red and white and what a stunning layout. Thanks for joining in the fun at TG with us, hugs Sharon

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Amazing Christmas card. Love your layout, darling image and your coloring is awesome, love the sparkles.
Hugs, Pat

Josephine said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Ger said...

Gorgeous image and card, lovely papers. Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

Crystal said...

Awwwww so so so sweet!!! Beautiful Vicki!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, I love the cute framing and the dp you used with this adorable image.

nwilliams6 said...

Precious image -perfectly colored - and wonderful papers. One terrific and pretty card. Hugz!

NanaConnie said...

What a sweet, adorable Christmas card! Great image and wonderful paper choices. Love all the layers and that bow is just so perfect.

Asha said...

So adorable, Vicki. This is the innocence of Christmas...doesn't get better than that! TFS, my friend.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki your cards that I have been seeing are all spectacular this one included, that is such an adorable, cute image, the papers and design are top notch
hugs
lorraine x

lynne said...

Hi Vicki,
This is gorgeous!! Your colouring is fab. Love the papers too.
Hope your keeping ok and things going well at your end! Thanks for the lovely comment you left me!

Thanks for joining us at EBW this month and the EHA Challenge!

Hugs,
Lynne (EHA &EBW DT)

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki, and super cute image! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean and good luck! Delphine xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous I love the image you chose and the colours too, thank you for joining us at EBW this month, hugs Pops x x x

Mary Lou said...

Hello Dear Vicki~~WOW this is precious!! I love RED at christmas time and the choice of punches and accents are perfect!!! Really like how you edged the image---very cute!!! Thanks for joining us at EBWorld!!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...