"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, July 1, 2013

Getting Back to the ABC's of Stamping!

Hello friends!  Welcome to the first day of July!
Wow!  I am so stunned with this weather!  Usually it is hotter than molasses over my way in July and I think we hit some record temps last year during this month...but today I actually have the windows open and the central air turned off in my house!
I don't even remember when that has ever happened during the month of July...it's been a while anyway!  So I am pretty happy about that anyway!  LOL

As my title says...I am trying to get back into the beginnings of stamping again.  Before I deleted my blog, I was already having troubles with my "MOJO" and I know it hasn't really helped with me deleting my blog and not stamping at all for a few months!  For some reason I have been having nothing but "MOJO" troubles this year and I haven't been able to shake this funk that I'm in.  I would really like to get through it though because as you may already know...stamping is what I really enjoying doing...blogging about it makes it even more "real" for me and allows me to share it with others that also enjoy it and understand. :0)
So I'm just trying to work through it all and "find myself" again.

I have had this idea in my head last week and just finished implementing it into my stamping this morning.  It was so fun getting out some of my neglected stamps!
I just LOVE daisies and I have been enjoying my backyard this year with all of the pretty flowers growing about here and there...I should actually put up some photos of things that have been growing in my back yard!

 I embossed the flower in black and lightly colored the petals.  

I like how it turned out and hope you do too!  I'm still going through blogs and challenges that I enjoyed playing along with, so it will take me a bit to "get back into" everything and figure out what I'm doing here! LOL!

So here's a list of challenges that I'd like to enter this for:


(I've used the "Birthday, Bling & Embossing" for my Tic Tac Toe)

ABC Challenges - anything goes

And of course since my family and I love to have our "sweet tooth" satisfied, I made some cupcakes this weekend...there is one with my name on it for this afternoon too!
YUM!  I made carrot cupcakes with cream cheese butter frosting and added pecan pieces to the batter and sprinkled some on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon!

I had so much fun creating my card..I hope I will be inspired to make several more as we go along here!
Thanks so much for checking in today!  Enjoy this gorgeous day!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

17 comments:

Ellen said...

Just Gorgeous!! Love the wood grain background and that big beautiful daisy! Looks to me like the mojo gods are with you!!!

LeAnne said...

Hmmm, not sure which is more yummy---the card or the cupcake?! BOTH are yummy! I love the layout of your card, and yet it's still simple & easy! I think your mojo is there, it was just resting a little! Looks like it is fine to me! Thanks for playing with my TTT challenge this week!

Regina said...

hello, my friend
I'm happy you are back and your creativity!
Your Daisy card is wonderful! The stamp is beautiful!
I love cupcakes, yummy,yummy!

sending greetings Regina

Sue said...

Welcome back my friend!! Awesome card here today - as well as your color block challenge! I'm glad to see you've joined our "B" challenge - Good Luck!!

Karin said...

What a great card made with this happy daisy stamp! Love how you used it for the background as well as the focal image :) It's always wonderful to have talented friends play along with us at DRS Designs!

Asha said...

Oh what a temptress you are! Card and cake ...tough choice, my friend! Love the card, very clever use of the Bs. Can I have some cake now?
Hugs

julieprice3 said...

I love the colours on this one, so pretty, love the new blog too
Have a wonderful day sweetie
Hugs Julie P

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fab card, my friend! So good to see you again and I definitely recognize those super images. Wonderful card, Vicki!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your design. I'd say your mojo is back in business!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Again with the mojo decline? What's up with that??? I'll try to send some of my mojo vibes your way ... I have plenty of ideas & desires ... just not enough time right now! Uugh! Maybe we can work together on this dilemma!
ALTHOUGH it doesn't appear you are having any mojo issues with the creation of this beauty!! Your work is always fantastic and so professional! Fabulous card!
Kind of cool here in Ohio too although in the afternoon it gets a bit muggy so I'm keeping the a/c on for now. Thinking of you! Have a fun 4th!
HUGS from OHIO!

NanaConnie said...

Love this, Vicki! It's really beautiful. Great color combo.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is super cute! your cupcake looks quite tasty, I must say. you can pass the extras right on over to me, thank you very much. :)

enjoy your day! your mojo doesn't seem to be missing in the least.

Susan Dube said...

So glad you stopped by to let me know where to find you! I know what you mean about the mojo being gone and trying to get it back. I think we get caught up in all the new stuff that we forget about some of the older stamps and techniques that we used to use that made this crafting adventure so much fun. Good for you! I've missed you! Love this card! Gorgeous colors and so very pretty! You know, I'm only an email or post away!

Hugs and so glad you're back!

Susan

Patricia St Martin said...

For a long time I did not understand why people would say they do not have or they lost their mojo... I have been creating card since the 80's but for reason I have come to understand what they mean, not sure it I need some time off or what????? The blue you used is so pretty and I love how you did the center flower it just stands out so beautiful.
Huggz, Patricia

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Vicki! I completely can relate to you, as I have been waiting patiently for the "mojo fairy" to visit my hose more frequently this year. Lol! Your card is gorgeous!! I love the soft blues and all of the details you added are perfect. THe woodgrain is such a fun touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players and shared YOUR mojo with us! Hugs! :)

Janet said...

Hey Vicki !! You and I have been sharing the same problem it seems. I just haven't had much MOJO since the beginning of the year and am hoping it comes back soon !! I love your card and the blues are fantastic. I love the way you colored the daisy. Good to see you and will be back for sure !!!

Patty Gorka said...

Such a pretty card! I love the flower and your background too! I totally understand about having no mojo. I've been that way for the past few weeks and I need to get back into it again.

By the way, your cupcake looks sooo yummy! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...