"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Going to Look a lot Like Christmas!

Hello friends!!  Happy Monday and beginning of a new week!
Boy, have I been so busy this morning!  I don't remember a time since I've blogged that I have ever created THREE creations in one post...but I am today!

I happened to catch a fun little blog hop and some challenges to go with it this weekend on the "Catch the Bug" Challenge blog which are the Bugaboo stamps.  Now I don't have LOTS of these stamps, but they do make me smile and some make me LOL!  So I followed along and thought I would join in the fun this week.
There are challenges laid out every single day this week and you have to join the challenges to be entered into the drawing for the blog hop.  It started Saturday, so I'm catching up..PLUS...you'll be seeing Christmas all week long on my blog with these challenges!  Which is perfect for me because it's so hot outside and thinking about Christmas is a nice cool relief!  Anyway, I hope you enjoy my posts every day this week!

This is for the first challenge:
For the first challenge, you were supposed to "Show Your Santa!" and it had an inspirational photo with it:
LOL!!  I thought this fun image from Bugaboo called Tropical Santa-Drink.  I thought he would be perfect to use with this inspirational photo of course!  I found some tropical background papers too! :0)  I still kept the red and green colors for Santa.  I got some sparkle on Santa's hat fur trim.

Here are a few other challenges I want to enter this card for:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July challenge 1 (inspirational photo)
Sketch Saturday - sketch (flipped it)
The Crafter's Cafe - anything goes
2 Sisters - Make it Sparkle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my second creation, I was given a sketch to work with and here's what I came up with:
LOL!!  He's not a very "joyful" little elf is he?!  This is the Christmas Brat Boy Elf image from Bugaboo.  (I thought he was too cute!) So instead of using the traditional red and green colors, I always love to use blue for Christmas and it looks nice paired with the green and gold.

Here's the challenges entered for this one:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July challenge 2 (sketch)

Created with Love - anything goes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for my last creation (Which catches me up with all of the challenges so far!) I was given a color swatch to work with and it reminded me of the old-fashioned Vintage type Christmas colors and so this is what I came up with:
 I think these little girls with the big bonnets are so cute!  They remind me of the old Holly Hobby doll that I used to have when I was a child!  I think it would've been nice to add some stitching to it, but I had already assembled the entire card before I thought of it! LOL!  Oh well, next time maybe!?
This Bugaboo image is called Christmas SB Ornaments.  (I think their whole line of the Little Miss Muffet images are all adorable...so I'll have to check them all out now!)

And here's the challenges entered for this creation:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July challenge 3 (color swatch)

CRAFT - Christmas
Dutch Dare - Tic Tac Toe (Ribbon, Button, for child)


Hopefully that's enough from me for today, but I'll be back again tomorrow with more challenge creation results and more Christmas fun! :0)  I hope you've enjoyed my creations and I really appreciate your kind words and taking the time to stop by! So glad you're here!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

36 comments:

Stef H said...

you never, ever do a bad post! these are fabulous!!!!

hope you're staying cool!

hugs :)

Kimberly S said...

Oh wow Vicki, they are all fabulous! You will be SO ready for the holidays! Especially love your tropical Santa...lol hugs, Kimberly

craftin-dawn said...

What a great set of cards!!! Love them all!! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
DawnD

Jodie Mackrell said...

wonderful and very cute cards! thanks for playing along in our Christmas in July celebration at Catch The Bug!

Danni said...

You've been busy!! All are such wonderful cards!

julieprice3 said...

What a feast we have today, Now he looks like an Aussie Santa, very cute! Love the little elf and sweet bonnet girl, nice work my friend
Hugs Julie P

Asha said...

Love all three....please don't make me choose a favourite. Clean, fresh design...you rock, Vicki!
hugs, Asha

Tammy said...

Goodness, you've been busy and such great results! Love each one of your cards but I think the first one is my favorite!

Amy Johnson said...

Such cute and fun Christmas Cards!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Wow 3 very cute Christmas cards. thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Basement Stamper said...

You go girl, you were busy! Love that first one, totally cracked me up.

Patricia St Martin said...

Each one so different and love all of them. Love your summer Santa he is way too cool with the Palm Trees. The Elf is s taking a brake fantastic card. The last card the colors are wonderful the chocolate with the raspberry is stunning it just wow me.
Hugs, Patricia

Sue said...

Geez, three in one day, I feel so inadequate! How fun these cards are. Santa is adorable. Joy is fun although he does not look joyful...but certainly cute and colored up beautifully and your vintage look is spot on. Lots of work for one day....good for you!
So hot here....maybe cold weather cards are the answer!!

Hugs
Sue

Sue from Oregon said...

You have been busy girl...great catch up creations...I love Bugaboo images too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- you have been busy making fabulous cards!!! Love the fun Bugaboo images you used- and have to say the blue and green is awesome - I will have to store that in my limited memory for future reference!!!

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining this week at TCCCB

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love
Co-Owner of Creative Fingers

Chris Hanselman said...

Great cards. Love the coloring in all of them. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

~~Chris

Melissa S. said...

Such great cards. The coloring on all the images is just fantastic. I really like the choice of papers and embellies too. Thanks for playing along with us at Bugaboo and I can't wait to see what you create for the rest of the week.

Tammy said...

Hi there Vicki, glad to see you blogging again! :) I love all of your Bugaboo cards, adorable images and fabulous coloring!! The last one is my fav, the colors are gorgeous!
Hugs, Tammy

Jennifer Scull said...

all of these are fantastic! love the color combo you used on the middle card. so rich and elegant looking. Bugaboo has so many fun images, don't they?

take care and stay cool! :)

NanaConnie said...

They're each one fantastic and fun, Vicki! I'm so glad you're playing along. As much as I rave about this week's challenges at Catch the Bug, anyone would think I'm on the DT. lol Nope, I just love Bugaboo digis!!

K8 said...

Beautiful cards, love the image and your coloring!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenges week, hugs Kate (DT)

Sylvia x said...

what a great set of cards - loving the images

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenges this week

Hugs

Sylvia x

Debs said...

Really great cards, thankyou for joining The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog this week.
Hugs Debs

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, I am so loving your Bugaboo work! Each one is just delicious! You are doing a fantastic job with each one!!

Aunty Sue said...

what an amazing set of cards so love these and thanks for sharing with us at Craft this week

CraftinGranny said...

So glad to see you back crafting. Adorable collection of Christmas cards Vicki. I've missed you too and wondered how SU as going for you. Do you know if SU has tiny circular sentiment stamps like Julie uses? I've looked everywhere for a set like that and can't find it. Have a great week sweetie and keep in touch. "Hugs" Carol

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, wonderful creations all of them great. Thanks for playing along with us during our CIJ celebration.

Cheryl First said...

All of these are wonderful, but I especially love the colors and papers you used for the sketch challenge! Wow! Very nice!
Thanks for joining us for our Christmas in July Challenge today! I hope you'll join in for the other daily challenges for more chances to win prizes!

Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Dawn Frost said...

Look at you go, three in one, wow! I've only managed two cards in a day, lol. Love them all, stay cool!

Billie A said...

Great cards this week. it's been a great fun week and so glad you joined us at Catch the bug.

Steph said...

What a great card- I love that Santa image! Great take on our sketch too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Steph said...

What a great card- I love that Santa image! Great take on our sketch too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Tammy Miller said...

Love your project! Thanks so much for helping to make our CIJ event at CTB a huge success!

Tammy Miller said...

Sorry I love all your projects!

Maria Rud said...

Very cute cards! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...