"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lemon & Lavender Yum

Hello friends!  Thankfully we had a bit of a cool down this weekend, but not cool enough for me to shut that air conditioning off!  It is still a bit muggy with the rain clouds hovering.  We need rain too, so I hope we can get some of that as well!

I'm so excited because it really feels like I am on a winning streak!  I was excited to learn that I won third place in the Bugaboo "Christmas in July" event!  (Be watching as I have a GDT for a month due to me winning!)  I also won at a Riley & Co blog hop!  I haven't used one of my Riley stamps since I started up my new blog...but I'm sure I will shortly!  I also won at a couple of different challenge blogs!  All from this last week!  I don't think I've ever been so lucky in one week!  Should I play the lottery too?! :0)

You know I couldn't start up blogging again without getting out my sweet little Elisabeth Bell images!
So I got out this cute little digital to play along in some challenges:
Isn't she just precious?!  This is the darling Sweet Tooth digital stamp from Elisabeth Bell.
I've gotten out some of my flowers, papers and other goodies from my stash and it felt so good to use them!

Here's a bit of close-up of the image for ya.  It may be hard to see in the photo, but I've added some crystal effects over the glass portion of the candy machine.  I love how she's peeking up over the edge to watch the candy coming out! LOL!

And then of course I've added a special sentiment tag that slides in behind the oval panel.
I wanted to use a metal clip to make it easier to grab and pull on the tag.  I've also added some yellow metal brads at bottom of the lavender embossed panel.  The colors look a bit different in the photos than it does IRL.  I love how the colors all blend together nicely with the lemon and lavender!
I hope you like it!

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Elphine House Australia - Add Some Metal
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Lemon & Lavender
Charisma Cardz - Girly
Dutch Dare Card - Floral Frenzy

I'm sure I'll be in my craft room tomorrow to work on some designs going through my head!  So I hope you'll be back to see what else I have in store for ya!
Thanks so much for dropping in and enjoy your day!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

24 comments:

Stef H said...

oh i just love this. i love the colors, i love that pull up tag! absolutely gorgeous!

i'm hoping to turn the air off today. yay.

hugs :)

Danni said...

Congrats on all your winnings!! Such a sweet, darling card!! Pretty colors for the lemon and lavender challenge!!

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness girl this is sooooooooo darling!!!! I love love these colors, your coloring and all your details look amazing sweetie!!! Stunning yet sooo adorable Vicki!!!

Angela said...

This is such a darling little image! Beautiful card and I love the colors you used. Gorgeous details too hun! big hugs, Angela

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi girl, this image is so darn darling and adorable, simply sweet. I am in love with the colors and the design is fabulous.
Hugs

Julia Aston said...

You definitely SHOULD play the lottery Vicki!! Yowza - so many winnings!! What a sweet card with this cute Miss at the gumball machine and the wonderful cluster of flowers!

Joan Ervin said...

What beautiful colors and papers, Vicki, and the image is absolutely adorable!!!! Love all the lavender and yellow details, too!!!!

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous card Vicki, and such a sweet image! Big congratulations on all of those wins! :) hugs, Kimberly

Asha said...

So so cute, Vicki!!!! And that little bit of doily and tag and sweet polka dot ribbon and... oh so many sweet details so lovingly put together. Gorgeous, my friend! And long may your luck endure! So happy for you!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Tammy said...

Wow, lucky you but then, you won on talent, not luck! But go ahead get a lottery ticket and if you win, I'll help you spend it! Love how the yellow background makes everything about your card pop! Gorgeous image and wonderful embellishments!

Patti J said...

Oh, so, pretty! Love the nice, soft colors, and goodness, look at all of those beautiful flowers! I don't think I even own that many! Lol...congrats too, on all of your wins...very deserving!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Vicki...OMG THIS IS SWEET!!! love the image and great to see you blogging again:)

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my goodness Vicky! I am so loving that yellow and purple! What a lovely little image and such fun with the gumballs!! I love it! Yes, I think you might want to play Lottery--isn't it so fun to win, and get happy mail!

Lynda Nielsen said...

Awww, this is breath taking Vicki, its sso good to find your blog again.... my how ive missed you girl. So glad you joined us at EHA for the challenge. You have done such a beautiful job with this little sweet tooth.
Sending you big hugs.
Lynda

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

So well done
Awesome card!
Thx for joining us at charisma!!!

Sue said...

Congrats on the wins, always exciting and so many at once!
Love this color combo with your sweet little girl image. Love the tag tucked into the back of the oval, great idea.

Hugs
Sue

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicki there is so much beauty going on here. From the stunning colour combo to the super adorable image.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jennifer said...

Mmmm Beautiful! This image is so cute...makes me want to get some gum to! Love the purple and yellow together and the doily and tag are so lovely with this!

NanaConnie said...

Utterly magnificent, Vicki! What a perfectly darling image. Loving the purple and yellow combo, of course, but the way you did your flowers is marvelous. I love it all!

Céline said...

so cute, love the image and flowers
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline

Jo Rice said...

Oh.....stunning ...I love the image. The lay out and the embellishments...Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge blog...good luck Jo. X

Patricia St Martin said...

Congratulations!!! We go so long and never win anything, I so happy for you, my friend... Card is the sweetest (like the play on words) love EB images they are all do darling. I love that when a card just falls together! The colors are wonderful as the stitching with those beautiful flowers.
Hugs, Pat

Sazzle said...

Congratulations Vicki, you've been hand picked in our top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy :-)

Please pop over to the blog to pick up your top 5 badge and wear it with pride!


xx Sazzle xx

Marjeta said...

Hello!
Iam just looking your creations and each of them is sooo... beautiful, especially those with stamping.

:), Marjeta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...