"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, July 29, 2013

Makin' a Splash on Monday!

Hello friends and welcome to the last week of July!
It actually feels a bit like Fall outside right now with the temps dipping down to 60's which is highly unusually for us this time of year!  I'll take it and leave my air conditioning off for a while! :0)  I'm sure that by the end of this week or so that the temps will be climbing back up soon enough!

Today I have a couple of Summer fun creations for you to remind you that when the temperature gets higher and you need to cool off, just make a splash!
First up this REALLY adorable Riley!  I believe I received this stamp a while back from a contest and I don't recall the name of this one...but isn't he too cute?!  I made this for the current Riley & CO challenge to make a Summer style creation with your favorite Summer past time...(which I love to swim or at least float along in the cool water! LOL!)...and also to use the color YELLOW somewhere on your creation.
For his innertube floaty I covered it with some crystal effects to give it that shiny plastic look.  I also thought it would be fun to add some gems for a water drop look.  The sentiment is also a Riley & CO stamp from the Circus Sentiments set.

Here are some challenges that I want to add this one for:
Riley & CO - Celebrate Summer!
Tuesday Morning Sketches - sketch - missed it!
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - animals
Eclectic Ellapu - anything goes
Pile it On - anything goes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's my second creation for you today that's also making a splash!
I've got another fun penguin image for you!  If you remember my Christmas Penguin image from Bugaboo, here's the same little guy, but trying to "stay cool" in the heat! LOL!  This one is called Poppi Penguin - Innertube from Bugaboo...I think Poppi is too cute!  I tried to keep this one a bit more masculine, but I made sure to add enough "bling" with the sparkly water, drink and his shades have some smooch on them to give them that sunglasses shimmer look!  I wanted to play along in the fun inspirational photo challenge that Bugaboo has going on right now at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog...see below.  In trying to keep with the colors in the photo, I got out my old stash of "Hang 10" Basic Grey papers which make for fabulous masculine style colors and design!  There is a surf board style design in the papers.  The sentiment actually comes from a Hambo Stamps image in my stash.

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this creation for:
Bugaboo Catch the Bug - inspirational photo, see below

Penny's Paper-Crafty - Bling it On!
Cute Card Thursday - Beside the Seaside
The Sweet Stop (SSS221) - sketch
Sentimental Sundays - anything with wings + sentiment
The Squirrel and The Fox - Nautical/Sea Life 

I hope that you get out today and enjoy this gorgeous weather because we all know that Christmas is less than 5 months away now!  So get out there and "make a splash" today!  :0)
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love it when you do!!  Be around to see what's going on shortly!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

34 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these are so fun. I could use some cooler weather here. TFS.

Berni Cuttino said...

So much fun and more super fun, awesome images and design. Have a fun day.
Hugs

bumblebee creations said...

so much fun--and so glad to see you won the Squigglefly challenge again--that card was gorgeous!!

Stef H said...

so.. i guess you're in summer mode, huh? these are both aaaaaa dorable and fabulous... ok... and COOL!

hugs :)

Sue - bearhouse said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki. Such cute images coloured beautifully. I love the papers and fabulous layouts too.
hugs Sue xx

Danni said...

It is pretty chilly out there today but a nice break!! Such adorable and cute cards!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are both so adorable, I love them!!!

Tammy said...

Adorable cards Vicki, fabulous coloring and papers! Riley looks like he's having so much fun! :)
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards and love the fun images and papers on both -very summery
carol x

Sue said...

I am so enjoying this break from the 90's heat we were having. Your cards are both adorable. Love the chevrons papers and border with Riley, and your second little card is so fun too.

Hugs
Sue

Jennifer Scull said...

Vicki, these are both just as cute as can be! love the little water droplets you added via the dew drops on your first Riley card. so fun! of course that Bugaboo penguin is one of my fave images from them.

hope you have a great week! :)

Amy Johnson said...

Such cute cards! It's been super cool here too. I've been so miserable. But it warmed back up into the 70's today. Yeah!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How pretty Vicki!! I love both cards and the dp and coloring!!
Hugs,
Chris

Cathymac said...

Super fun colors, papers, and images on both of these fabulous cards, Vicki! Very cool....and a great way to stay cool, too! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sweet Stop this week!

Margreet said...

Love your fun cards, Vicki, they are really splashing!!!

Asha said...

"2 super cool cards! The images are just adorable and I love the colours your've chose, Vicki. Such bright fun colours... they scream summer. You certainly have an eye for picking the right colours!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

sgc said...

Very cute cards! Of course--I'm partial to anything that looks summery as I love this season. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's photo inspiration challenge and enjoy the rest of your summer!

downrightcrafty said...

great cards hun Summer is here lol
Hugs Kate xx

Dewi Lestari said...

Great to see your beautiful creations again.. Thanks for joining at CCCC: Animals
Hugs
Dewi

Ann Tuck said...

Great colour combo in this card, and a fab, summer fun image! Love that you didn't take the masculine theme too far, or we wouldn't have had the shimmery water, ice drink and sparkly sunglasses! They look great - and the sentiment is perfect for a COOL card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creations smacking of summer.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Both of the cards are way too cool. Great job on both images.
Hugs Pat

Basement Stamper said...

Awesome card, nice and summery. That 2nd one, my all time favorite, love the colors and that image is so cute!!!

Kimberly S said...

They are both just so cute Vicki! Beautiful coloring, and I love that touch of sparkle! hugs, Kimberly

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two wonderful cards! I LOVE Riley- and of course your 2nd card too! LOVE your coloring- beautiful! We have had a cool down in Chicago- not sure what is up with that- staying cool without a pool this week!

Linda said...

Two adorable cards!!!!! Wow again and smiles all around on these cards!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!!

julieprice3 said...

Awesome boy cards, nicely done my friend
Hugs Julie P

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Such cuteness! Super 'cool' dudes indeed :) Thanks for sharing at Eclectic Ellapu!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute cards Vicki. Love the darling image and the coloring. The touch of sparkles look great on both... nice papers too. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - how fun and adorable are these summer cards - love them! Thanks so much for joining us this week at teh Pile it On Challenge

Jennifer said...

Your hot stuff cards are fantastic! Love the water droplets and super cute images~ Must say the moose is my favourite!

NanaConnie said...

I'm trying to get all caught up on my blog visits and life just keeps happening to me. :-D Both of these are so adorable, Vicki! Love the sparkle and the water drops. Great papers and ribbons.

MiamiKel said...

I can't believe I missed your adorable Riley card! Super sweet in every way - beautifully colored and nestled into an adorable l/o! As is your Bugaboo Penguin - super sweet!

MagsB said...

What fab, fun cards! The cutest images, and gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

love Mags B x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...