"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, July 26, 2013

Some Endless Summer Fun!

Hello friends!  Happy Friday to you!  The weekend is finally here! Yay!
I have a rather longish post for you today with lots of fun photos...so hope you enjoy it all!

OK...I'm sure you know how I adore those darling Elisabeth Bell images/stamps...so here's a good one for you today with a "Summer Theme" in mind.  I'm creating this because over at The Digi Bells, they're looking for some designers to join them as a guest designer for a few months and the time is starting to run out to enter...so I thought why not?!  :0)
I believe this is one of THE very first digital stamps that I owned from Elisabeth Bell!  This darling little book reader is called A Tasty Read and you can only get her through Elisabeth Bell's Digital Store!
I think she is so sweet and she really reminds me of Summer because of this is something that I really enjoy doing myself!  I love to read and being able to read a good book out in the sunshine is heaven to me!  It also reminds me of a beautiful Summer day where she is taking a lunch break reading a book while she's waiting for her laundry to get done! LOL!   The sentiment is something that I had lurking in my stash and thought it would help bring out the "Summer theme" in it.  I've distressed the edges of my papers and for the flowers I've added some paint and sprinkled it with glitter while it was still wet to help it stick.

And here is a closer look at the image and how she's colored in.  I have so much fun coloring in Elisabeth Bell images with my Copic markers!  I would love to get more colors!  There's still so many that I do not have yet! LOL!

So as you can see, there is a fun little surprise lurking behind the image on the front of the card!
If you pull on the button tab at the top, you will find something to help you along with your Summer reading!

I took some of the papers that I've used on the card and created a book mark that is hidden behind the colored image panel so that you can mark your place when you are outside this Summer reading your favorite book!  Do you like to read?  What is your favorite Summer read right now?  I've been reading a Stephen King book called "Under the Dome" while trying to watch this new series on TV!
So I hope you've enjoyed my creation for you today!

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this one for:
The Digi Bells - Summer theme (GDT call)
Dutch Dare - In Stitches
Addicted to Stamps - Lots of Layers
Papertake Weekly - Die-ing for a Punch!
Simon Says - Summer Food and/or Drink
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I thought it would fun to share some photos with you of some "Summer Fun" that I had yesterday while I was sitting outside with my hubby.  I really enjoy the flowers in our backyard and so I grabbed my camera to take a few photos of them...
I just love these gorgeous pink flowers!  They get so big, but don't last very long!
But if you can see in the photo, there are constantly blooms coming out every single day...so I'm hardly ever without a gorgeous big bloom once they start going!

I just love these gorgeous cheery colorful blooms!  These are black-eyed Susan's that came from my hubby's beloved relative that has passed.  We think of her every time we see these gorgeous blooms!  Thanks so much Aunt Iris!  We love you!

While we were sitting outside on our patio enjoying the flowers, we had a very pretty visitor that came along and sat in our crab apple tree!  I love the pretty song Cardinals make!  Hubby was good about grabbing the camera quickly before he flew away!

Today it is a little rainy out and I have some housework to do along with a visit from my mom, so I will leave you all with this and I hope you've enjoyed my post today!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by as I love hearing your cheery thoughts!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

38 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! Your coloring is amazing : ) The flowers are a gorgeous embellishment too! Oh my word- your flowers are so pretty in the yard- I love the pink one- and how fun to get such a nice cardinal pic too. We have a family of cardinals in a backyard bush that frequent our bird feeder!

Pat (mspfd) said...

First off, let me say your photos are gorgeous.
LOVE your card... I think I may even have this same digi. Talk about gorgeous coloring, Vicki -- WOW! Your papers, fabulous design and embellishments really are a knockout!
Hope you have a wonderful visit with your mom. Enjoy the weekend!

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki!! I love that sweet image and your coloring is stunning, fabulous design too! Awesome pics too!
Hugs, Tammy

Kimberly S said...

Your card is so beautiful Vicki! Perfect coloring and layout for such a sweet image! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos too! Have a great weekend! :) hugs, Kimberly

Danni said...

Your card is just gorgeous!! I need to get my card finished to enter in that guest DT call too! :) Love the other photos you shared too!

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi, just love this image and the coloring is awesome, beautiful design. Now those flowers are amazing, I used to have a garden with black eye susan, they are one of my fave flowers, besides Roses. Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautifully coloured image an love the backing papers and hidden bookmark-love the beautiful photos I used to have a black eyed Susan ,but house plants here lol
carol x

Jill said...

gorgeous creation hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card. I love the image and the hidden tag.

Thank you for sharing pics of your flowers and beautiful visitor.

julieprice3 said...

This is stunning Vicki, I love the card design and pretty colour choice, your flowers are beautiful and of course that lovely little lady, So glad you joined in the DT Call at the Digi Bells this time
Hugs Julie P

Mary Lou said...

Yeah Vicki..so glad to see your name:) BEAUTIFUL Girl!!! Gorgeous dp's, flowers and LO!!! Good luck my friend!!
happiness

Stef H said...

gorgeous card! love the layout and again, your coloring is wonderful!

can i come sit in your yard??? LOL. i have NO flowers, but i do get all sorts of finches to my finch feeders.

hugs :)

LINDA M said...

Such a beautiful card. Your coloring is terrific. I love your layout and bookmark that looks like it's part of the card design. Thanks for joining us this week at the Dutch Dare.

Davi said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!! I love the image and the and the way you created the pocket for the pretty tag!! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos, love seeing the pretty colors:) Not to much growing with color right now when its sooo hot!

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend:)
I come back from the vacations with my daughter, how are you? I saw Your last creations, all Wonderful as always and This is Adorable:))
Big hug and happy weekend:)
Sonia

downrightcrafty said...

what a darling card and love the flowers too
Hugs Kate xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous card, I love the papers and layout, the colours are gorgeous and the image and flowers are beautiful. Gorgeous pics too
Lindsay xx

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Love all the layers and the insert piece. What fabulous details in all the embellishments. Great stitching.
Incredible photographs! Hubby did a great job on the cardinal and your shot of that lovely pink hibiscus is magnificent! Wish my garden was blooming this well.

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful card and tag. And I love your flowers and cardinal pics too!

Tammy said...

Fantastic job on your Elizabeth Bell card, I thin you'd make a wonderful guest on their DT! Great pictures of the flowers, looks like the female cardinal is hiding behind him on the right!

Patricia St Martin said...

Your card is just darling, wonderful image, great layout and the prettiest flowers. love the tag nice touch. Your added pictures are wonderful love seeing flowers and cardinal he is so pretty.
Hugs, Pat

Joan Ervin said...

What a super sweet image, Vicki, and your coloring is sooo pretty!!! Love the pictures, too....can't get any better than flowers and birds!!!!

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki. beautiful combination of colours and such a sweet design. Love the added bookmark gift too :) Donna ♥ x

PS: You flower photos are beahtiful...TFS x

Linda said...

Wow Vicki another stunning card!!!!! She almost looks alive!!!! Gorgeous coloring my friend!!!!!! Wow!!!!
PS so glad I found you again!!!!!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful photos! Woweeee! A real wonderland :) Love your sweet card and bookmark. You are one busy crafter, dear girl!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Ellen said...

Wow Vicki! Your coloring is absolutely stellar! Beautiful layout and papers!! Love the tag too! Thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos!!

Pysselbus said...

Vicky, OhhhMeeGosh! It's been so long since I stopped by you!! :'( You make such gorgeous creations and this is no exception!! Brilliant coloring!!! And I loooove the pretty embellishments too!

Thank you for joining our GDT call at the DigiBells!

Hugs
Linda

Guylaine said...

very nice card
thank you for playing with us this week on Craft 4 Eternity

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so super cute and I love the fabulous design and colors you used

Sue said...

Vicki, this card is gorgeous, starting with that sweet little one, colored up to perfection. So many beautiful layers and papers and borders and the stitching is so pretty too. Love the hidden tag, have to do that for my LSS post some Monday soon. Thanks for the inspiration today.

Hugs
Sue

Lynda Nielsen said...

oh My... Vicki, this is absolutely - positively Gorgeous!
Your beautiful coloring on top of those stunning layers and perfect papers. I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us. =) Best of luck with the GDT call.
Biggest Hugs girl...
Lynda

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW what a stunning, gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Asha said...

I just had to have close look at your garden! We've given up on flowers...maybe when w retire. All we have a fruit trees. The figs, pomegranate and pears being rent for occupying our bckyard
hugs!

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is a beautiful design with such awesome colouring and design. Wow the cardinal birdie is so colourful and I am sure his song reflects it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sol said...

Beautiful Great Card... FAB Design and Colors.. Gorgeous Stamp.. And your coloring is Beautiful! :o)
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

michele said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafts 4 Eternity. hugs x

Jennifer said...

This card is so stunning Vicki! I could look at it for hours! Beautiful colouring and I love your paper combo that compliments her so well! Very cute tag with the button and those flowers are so pretty! Aww how I wish that summer would last longer....we're getting ready to head into fall here soon. Have a beautiful day!

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Vicki! I love all the layers and the beautifully-colored image! Wonderful design and details! Beautiful photos, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...