"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tagged Christmas & Shy Bear Well Wishes

Hello friends!  We are now already on the down-hill slope of this week already!
I am ready for the weekend to be here because it's supposed to cool down a bit and I'm looking forward to spending time with my hubby! :0)

Two creations for you today as promised.  Of course the first one here is a Christmas creation for the continuing challenges for the Bugaboo Christmas in July fun going on:
This is about as simples as it can get with this diaper fold creation!  Have you ever made one of these?  WOW...I've not done anything so simple with just a couple of folds!  All you REALLY need in my opinion is double-sided design paper...and Lord only knows I have plenty of that! LOL!!
You can find the tutorial "how to" on this diaper fold pouch  from Beate on SCS: CLICK HERE!

For the Bugaboo challenge today, you were supposed to add a tag to your creation...well Bugaboo has a set of these adorable Christmas tag images and I've added the Santa Tag to my pouch.  I just printed it out, colored it in and cut it out...and just attached it to my candy kisses pouch!
Now I know it's a bit hot for Christmas treats...BUT kisses are perfect for any time of year and I knew I had some lurking around the house! :0)  So easy and simple...which I needed this morning as this heat has made me a bit sluggish today!  Hope my pup doesn't' want to stay out too long today! LOL!

And here are some challenges I would like to add my candy kisses pouch with:
Catch the Bug - Christmas in July (Tag You're It - Make a Project with a Tag)
Totally Gorjuss - Sweet
Creative Belli (CBC174) - Christmas (My old stash is the paper & snowflake)
Divas by Design - Tags

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's my second creation for you today...which is not a Christmas design.
Sorry for those that are disappointed it's not Christmas and you're welcome for those that want a break from my Christmas designs!! LOL!

As I had mentioned before, I'm over the topped thrilled that I got my photos saved from my computer before it had to be booted up again!  And this is one of the reasons why...
I got to make this card!
I absolutely adore these sweet little Shy Bears from Squigglefly!  (This little guy is called Bouquet Bear)
Some of you that have known me for a while knew that I used to be on their DT and of course had collected many of their images..well and bought some too! LOL!  Especially these Shy Bears! :0)

So I got one out to play along in their current challenge going on called "Emboss Me".  Hopefully you can see that I've used an embossing folder behind Shy Bear and I also embossed the striped design paper with my chevron embossing folder as well.  I really love these blue and green colors together!  I'm always running out of "get well" cards, so that's what I decided to put on the tab.  Hope you enjoy!

Here's some challenges that I'd like to enter this one for:
Squigglefly (SFC2813) - Emboss Me
Eclectic Ellapu - flowers
Tuesday Morning Sketches - sketch plus animal image
Deep Ocean - Blue
The Crafter's Cafe - anything goes

So that's all I have to share with you today.  Of course I will be back again tomorrow for my final Christmas design and then we can take a break from all of the Christmas. :0)  I really feel good about getting some Christmas items done though and while it's so hot out, it's certainly not hard to think "cool thoughts"!
Please be careful if you are out and drink of plenty of fluids.  Thanks for checking in today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

39 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun, easy little Christmas treat. I love the tag. Your Shy Bear card is so pretty. I love the colors.

Danni said...

Both are just fabulous but I really adore the little shy bear! So cute!

crafty-stamper said...

love the diaper fold pouch -and love the cute bear card and great embossing
carol x

Ellen said...

Awesome diaper fold treat and getting all ready for christmas~yay you! The shy bear is really cute, such vibrant coloring!
Hugs
Ellen

Dawn Frost said...

Shybears are one of my favourites! Well I have a lot of my favourites but they are so adorable! Gorgeous flowers, love that tag. I need to get making mine!

downrightcrafty said...

wow another two fabulous creations
Hugs Kate xx

Kathy said...

These are both gorgeous! Love the diaper fold, going to give it a go and the tag is so cute. Adorable shy bear card, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug for our Christmas in July challenges.

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining this week at TCCCB

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love
Co-Owner of Creative Fingers

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, your mojo is working in high gear! I love your diaper pocket with adorable bugaboo tag. I had forgotten all about this wonderful tag. Can't wait to give it a try. And your second card is a knockout with gorgeous coloring and dimension. Fabulous cutting, layout and colors, too!

Kimberly S said...

Cute and yummy Christmas treat Vicki, and that little bear is just the sweetest! Beautiful coloring. :) hugs, Kimberly

Kelly Neis said...

Love your tag and box, really cute! I also love the bear peaking over the flowers. So sweet. Thank you for joining us at Divas By Design.
Hugs Kelly

Holly Young said...

Both of your projects are so cute Vicki. I love the little peeking Santa on the tag! Your shy bear is just wonderful! I love the blue flowers and the little flower charm is sweet! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge and I'm really glad you found your pictures on your PC!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Love the diaper fold candy holder. I'll have to try that sometime. I'm always looking for quick and easy candy packaging. And the second card is sooooo cute! Love that image and the single flower popping up.

Tammy said...

Love, love the diaper fold with the Christmas tag, very clever, but I'm wondering if the kisses will last until Christmas?? Your Sky Bear is off the wall beautiful! Gorgeous colors and fabulous shading! Glad you got to play along with the challenge!

Patti J said...

Lots of cuteness here today, Vicki! Love those little diaper fold treat pockets...SO simple, and what a beautiful presentation! Your card is cute as can be! Thanks for sharing :-)

Crystal said...

Vicki girl both of these are Fabulous gf.... I love those shy bears just so sweet and your colors are fantastic!!! Love love that Christmas tag the fold is great!!! Hope you are having a great week!!!

sue morris said...

Awww...these are absolutely adorable!! I love the little tag and just love that little teddy bear! :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute is this! Love the colors and papers and your image is just adorable.

NanaConnie said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial on the diaper fold, my friend! I'm definitely going to try that. Love the little Santa on your tag with the sparkle on his hat. And that bear! Oh, My! I have to have him. Gorgeous coloring and I love the chevron embossing on the striped paper. What a fab combination! Magnificent bow.

Sue B said...

Oh your gift pouch is gorgeous Vicki - what a lovely design… I love the papers and embellies that you've used and the tag is just perfect!! thanks for the link on how to make one! :-)
and your card is very pretty - I love the sweet bear image and the lovely colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
Hugs Sue xx

Elaine Rayworth said...

Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu for our Flowers challenge!

Elaine (DT)

Asha said...

Gorgeous creations! What a fab idea for a Christmas treat and I love the way you coloured the flowers! stunning! Have a restful weekend, my friend!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts



Jessi Fogan said...

That little pouch is adorable! And I love your Shy Bear card - so sweet. Thanks for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki my sweet friend love the candy holder it is adorable and Santa tag.
You did an amazing job with the shy bear it is colored just perfect. You could enter your card in The Twisted Thursday challenge we have Bingo going right now and you have twine, image and embossing so your card is all set.Have you ever thought about being on the dt over their?? We need someone!!! Just checking.
Hugs, Patricia

Basement Stamper said...

I love that 2nd bear card!! Such pretty colors. The tag pouch is cute, that was some of my favorite papers.

Debbie said...

Sweet treat box!! And I love your card! That's a fun image and I love the embossing! (I just got that folder!)
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Regina said...

hi, vicki
what a fun tag! That is perfect for a Christmas gift!
Your card is lovely with the cute image!

hugs Regina

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

your colouring of the tag is just fabulous!
Thanks for entering our Christmas in July event, good luck in the draw!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO STAMPS DT

Donna said...

So, so cute Vicki and a beautiful design too! Love the embossing on the stripey papers and the addition of the twine...adorable :) Donna ♥ x

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my goodness Vicki--this is so adorable!! Love it! Thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge!

joy said...

Great Christmas project for the Creative Belli Challenge! Thanks for joining in our challenge!

Laura said...

So cute! I love the teddy peeking through the flowers! Thanks for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches! :)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Oh, Vicki, i was just introduced to Shy Bear and he is adorable..and your card is as well! Thank you for using our sketch and TWist this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

LOVE this! The colors are fantastic and fresh and that bear is just too sweet! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sue said...

Diaper fold pouch is awesome, love these, make great party favors for kids parties or ladies lunches. Love the colors and Santa is adorable.

Never did a shy bear, although Lynne is one of my favorite artists and have a lot of her digis
You did such a great job with the coloring on this, so gorgeous.

Love them both.

Hugs
Sue

Chana said...

Beautiful card and wonderful embossing technique. Using the chevron folder on stripes is pretty classy, I will have to remember that and use it sometime. You colored the image beautifully! Excellent conception and execution. Thanks for playing with us this week at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
Hugz,
Chana

Charlene Mitchell said...

Cute Santa tag project and I Love your Shy Bear card! That is one of my fav Shy Bear images and you have coloured it beautifully! Love the blue and green combination! Congrats on winning at Squigglefly!

Ceal said...

your Christmas box is darling! thanks for sharing with us at Creative Belli this week!

JenniferD said...

OMG He is Soooo Cute! Wow and so well coloured with great detail! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...