"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Hello friends and welcome to "hump day"!  :0)
Tomorrow is July 4th so I hope you have some fun plans in store!  We will probably just have a cook out and enjoy this gorgeous weather we're having right now before it starts to heat up again.

I have something fun to share with you today.  It's a simple CAS card, but it sure felt good to get out my Copic markers and color in an image again!  I have really missed doing this!  And I do love me these darling meeces....so I had a go with one of my faves!
LOL!  Can you image just how sticky these meeces are with the lemons?!
It's always hard to photograph, but I've added some sparkles to the lemons and it looks so fun person.
I was a little nervous about doing it, but I've added some doodles along the edges since this is a one-layer card, I felt that it needed just one more thing added to it.
I suppose you could fill in your own imagination with what is on the inside of the card.  Not sure yet.

I've made this for a couple of challenges:
CAS on Sunday - One layer Wonder
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes! (optional animals/creatures)

Thanks to those of you stopping by as you see me out in "blog land" and adding me to your list to put in your reader or email!  I truly appreciate that!  I will add you too if I know you are out there and would like to keep contact with me!  I do enjoy seeing what you are all up to and would love to add you to my Feedly reader so I can stop by and say hello! :0)

That's all for me right now.  Perhaps I will post tomorrow with a patriotic creation for July 4th.
Thanks for checking in today friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

18 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular one layer card, Vicki! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the neat details -- doodling, glittered lemons and perfect shading. Have a Happy 4th!

Asha said...

This is spectacular!!! I'm terrified of one layer card...but this...WOW! And can those mice get any cuter?! Love it!!!! Keep 'em coming, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Julia Aston said...

Hi Vicki! love those sparkly lemons! I can just smell all that juice flying around!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I just love the image.

downrightcrafty said...

a beautiful card and love the image perfect use of the glitter and fabulous CAS, thank you so much for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely card Vicki.
Gr Elly

Patricia St Martin said...

I love these little guys and awesome job with your coloring. Your card put a smile on my face.
Huggz, Patricia

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vicki :-) such a cute image and I love your colouring and CAS design ,,,, perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

nwilliams6 said...

This is so great! I love that you put sparkle on the lemons and the design of your card is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends. Nancy (GDT)

sue morris said...

Hi Vicki! This is adorable!

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Wow...Vicki your card is gorgeous and precious the way those cutsie meece look...love the touch of glitter and those doodle marks make it perfect...LOVE it!

Ellen said...

Love these playful little mice!! Fantastic one layer card and coloring!!! Have to pin this!

Sue said...

Hey Vicki, your back, and joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Love this pair! And aren't they always trying to cause trouble. That little mouse isn't going to like getting lemon juice to the eye, LOL!

Beautifully colored and love the CAS style, lets that darling image shine. So glad you came out to play with us.

Hugs
Sue

Janneke de Jong said...

Hi sweetie, what a lovely card have you made ;o) Love the mice ... so cute
Thank you joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Jill said...

gorgeous creation thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Kate T said...

wow fab colouring, thanks for joining us at House Mouse and friends challenge
Kate GDT x

Dot said...

Hi, Vicki, I love love this HM image and your colouring of it. Beautiful CAS card.
Thank you so much for joining the 'Food' challenge at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
Hugs Dorte

Christine said...

Hi Vicki lovely to see you join us..stunning CAS mousey creation ..fab colouring & image great take on the FOOD chall theme.


thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall hope to see you again soon?

smiles Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...