"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, July 12, 2013

Wish You Were Here

Hello friends!  Wow...Friday is here and came really FAST! :)
So sorry I have neglected posting since Monday, but I'm so excited because I got my desktop computer back! Yay!  It got to the point that it wouldn't even start...so I was physically ill thinking that I had lost all of my precious photos and the digital stamps that I would once again like to use...I did some money on them as well and would hate to loose all of this!
Whew...they were saved thanks to my IT guy!  Thanks so much dude!..so I've basically spent most of the week getting everything back on my computer to make it more like home again.
I feel like I'm "back to normal" now whatever that means! LOL!

So, I have been working on a creation, but in bits and pieces this week as I've had time since I've been busy working on my computer...but it's done and I'm happy with it for the most part.
I just hate working on something in bits in pieces...that's just not me.  I like to finish!
Anywho...I broke out some of my beloved Magnolia stamps....
The background "beach scene" is something that a friend had stamped up and giving me a while back, so I'm not really familiar with what it's called.  I'm pretty sure it's not even available for purchase anywhere that I know of.  I really dig that awesome sunset...I sure wish I was there! LOL!
I used this sweet Tilda with Ponytail, cut her out and propped her up on the bench.  She looks in deep thought....I love it and so very Summer. :0)
I wasn't sure about the seashells being added to it because I thought they were too big, but I think it looks OK as an accent with the cheesecloth accents around it.  The sentiment comes from a stamp that is grouped with other stamps and don't know where they came from other than a friend sending them to me.  I think I may send this card to a special friend that I really miss and think of her often hoping that she might feel the same way!...hope you enjoy it!

Here's some challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Midweek Magnolias - Wish You Were Here with Beach theme
Magnolia-licious - Some Like it Hot! (hot Summer sun!)
Tilda's Town - anything goes
Creative Inspirations - At the Beach
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Life's a Beach

There seemed to be several "beach" theme challenges this week, so I wanted to try and get what I could with that...as was with my last post from Monday! LOL!
I'm so excited now that I've got my computer, images and everything ready to go...so hoping that I can get on a roll now and keep playing with my goodies!
I wish you all a great weekend and I'm so thrilled that you have stopped by to visit and subscribe to my blog...welcome and hope you enjoy my posts!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

29 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely wonderful card! Love the assortment of accents and embellishments, great combo! Glad you are up and running on your computer! Scary thinking what we crafters could lose!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, this is FABULOUS! no, the shells aren't too big at all. they are perfect on here! love the little pearl drop accents. hubby put my pen 'somewhere' so I had to get a new one. thankfully it just arrived so I'm excited to play with it again.

you are so very creative! enjoy your weekend! glad your compy is safe and happy again. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

So creative, love the scene and Tilda is so adorable. The shells are fantastic and with the cheese cloth with the pearls give the beach feel, the flowers are so pretty and the sentiment is wonderful.
Hugs, Pat

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, I love all the detail on this card, Vicki! Wonderful image and the background piece is marvelous. Fab coloring. :-D

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, you really outdid yourself on this. It's such a great beach scene, beautifully colored and embellished!

nwilliams6 said...

Computer problems are the worst! I have had several issues this past year and it does make you sick!

Your card is really beautiful. So many great details, super bg, and your coloring on the image is so pretty. A really special card!

Rene said...

Oh Vicky this is beautiful! Such a sweet scene! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck!
Rene ;D

Kimberly S said...

This is so cute Vicki! Pretty coloring, and a fabulous scene! Really love that background the shells you've added. :) hugs, Kimberly

Danni said...

What a sweet scene!! So darling!! Glad you left a comment and let me know you had a new blog...I adore your work and would be sad to miss it!

Davi said...

Gorgeous as usual Vick! What a sweet scene and I love the seashells and cheesecloth together!! Hoping you have a wonderful weekend :)

sue morris said...

This is SUCH a sweet card Vicki! Love the colors and your coloring is just beautiful! So glad to see your new site revamp! It's pretty!!

Amy Johnson said...

So super cute! Love the seashell, gauze, and embossed background with this image.

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful seaside card Vicki! love the shells, the netting and the embossed background - not to mention that sweet little Magnolia!

Joanne said...

Very, very cute card! I love your Tilda, she looks so sweet. So glad you joined us for our beach challenge at CC&CC. Joanne

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is such a wonderful little holiday/beach scene you have created here. Really puts me in a holiday mood.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

downrightcrafty said...

this is absolutely gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki, beautiful colouring and such pretty detail, especially the sea shell...too cute :) Donna ♥ x

Crystal said...

Awwwww this is soooo super sweet girlfriend, I love love how you added that sea shell....what a fabulous card :)

Asha said...

WOW!!!! This is just too adorable, Vicki. And I love all the wonderful extras. I have no doubt your friend will cherish this. What a thoughtful gesture.. she's lucky to have a sweet friend like you!
hugs,Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

CraftyNatalie said...

Such a sweet card, I love the neutral colour tones, and the image. The embelishments are beautiful.

Thanks for joining in over at creative inspirations.

CraftyNatalie
Guest Designer for Creative inspirations

Kris B. said...

Hi Vicky!! Such a cute card. Love that embossing folder-really resembles the net/mesh for a beachy theme. Cute, cute! *Ü* I'm having a li'l giveaway on my blog :P

Eulanda said...

Awwww this is so sweet! I love that you created your own background design paper and the little dots on the shell and paper are super cute too. Clever! Thank you so much for joining our "Some Like It Hot" challenge and hope to see you play again!
Hugs,
Eulanda
Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Designer

julieprice3 said...

She's gorgeous! Love that embossed background, so effective
Hugs Julie P

Sue said...

I wish I was there also, by the water...such pretty scene stamping your friend does, and I love how you used it, Tilda looks so cute on the beach.

Hugs
Sue

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, perfect colouring, love your embellishments, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hugs, Sarah x

Chrissy said...

This is just gorgeous Vicki, what a beautiful scene..fabulous colouring and I love the liquid pearls on the shell...so pretty.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny said...

Awww what a super cutie! Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Jen xx

Pam Sparks said...

What an adorable scene Vicki! Adorable Tilda coloring and designing! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!

Linda said...

Congrats on your win my friend!!!!! Wow this card is number 1. Stunning coloring and I just love the image!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...