"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Wee Little Thinking

Hello friends and happy hump day to ya!
Once again the weather has turned gorgeous enough for me to open up the windows and turn the air conditioning off...perhaps for a couple of days.  I'm really loving it and enjoying what I can for now.

Really having some fun with my new goodies and experimenting with new things, colors and accents.
I also have a new image to share...Love these images!
Isn't she just precious?!  This is a Wee Stamp called Summer Fairy.  I've also used the beautiful "Thinking of You" banner from the Wee Flower Fairies Set by cutting it out and attaching to the lower left of my card.  I just love her long wavy hair!  It's so hard to tell in the photo, but I've got some shimmer smooch on parts of her wings and she's standing in a puddle of glitter.  I've also added some liquid pearls to her flowers and in her hair along with some on the sentiment banner.

Here's a closer look at this sweet Summer fairy:
As you can see, I've broke out my new bottle of frantage along with some frantage chips to add to the corners of the image panel.  It looks much better IRL because you can see the shine from the embossing better.  You can see a closer look at my coloring here along with the pearls.

And here's a closer look at the sentiment banner with my coloring and the pearls as well.
You can see my lacy pink background papers and another strip of lace next to that.  And I also added another strip of lace going across the middle behind the image panel and added some pink pearls to each end.  I think all the lace really helps to soften up the look.  I did some faux stitching as well on all of the panels except for the images.

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Magnolia-licious - "Lacy Lace" 
Tuesday Throwdown - Pastel Rainbow
Charisma Cardz - Stitching (faux or real)
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Bingo Board (Pearls, Free space, Lace)
allsorts - stitching (faux or real)
One Stop Craft - Use Pastel Colors
CLP Sketch Challenge - Aug Sketch
2 Sisters - Your Favorite Embellishments (flowers, pearls, lace)

So I hope you've enjoyed my creation for you today and I will be back with another creation using more of my new goodies soon!  So come back again to see what they are!
Enjoy your day today and thanks for dropping in!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

44 comments:

Danni said...

Beautiful card! So precious!

Tammy said...

Incredibly beautiful Vicki! Love your wonderful coloring and all the detail you've included in this wonderful card!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful! Fabulous coloring!

Crystal said...

Assess Vicki this is sooooo sweet and beautiful, I love the colors and design sweetie....gorgeous!!!

Crystal said...

Awwwwww not assess lol

Deb said...

so beautiful and your colouring is just amazing, love this!
Debxx

Donna said...

Gosh this is gorgeous Vicki...amazing colouring and such a pretty design too. I love the lace and pretty flowers too...beautifully created as always :) Donna ♥ x

catherine said...

A beautiful card Vicki and thanks for joining my stitching challenge at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Pat (mspfd) said...

The colors, coloring and fabulous new images are amazing. Beautiful detailing and embellishments. You should be very proud of this spectacular creation!

Gemma said...

lovely creation! Thanks for joining in our Stitching challenge at Charisma this week! Gemma :)

Allison said...

lovely card
thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Asha said...

This is just soo lovely, Vicki. Beautiful image and colours. The floral embellishments are perfect. Have a wonderful day!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. Great design. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Renate said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

Renate said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

Renate said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous card and brilliantly coloured image love the frantage my first attempt just looked as if I had spilt it by accident lol so not had another go yet!
carol x

Wishcraft said...

Vicki this is gorgeous! Such a sweet and pretty card, love all your details :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Josie Smith said...

This is super cute!!!:) Gorgeous card and colors.
Josie
My personal blog:) !!!
Please join in the fun at Craftin'Boutique:) !!!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so pretty! I love the soft colors, the flower cluster, and how you did the sentiment.

Jennifer Scull said...

Vicki this is just beautiful! love all of the little extras you have added. I am new to the frantage. what shade did you use? does it melt just like regular embossing powder? perhaps you could tell a bit more about it in another post if you wouldn't mind. I would love to learn more because it is such a unique look! thanks! :)

Elise said...

Awww this is so DARLING Vicki! Simply GORGEOUS!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Davi said...

Vicki this is really beautiful :) I love the sweet image and your wonderful coloring along with pretty dp and embellies!!

Amber Holder said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I have no idea how you manage to use so many elements and have something that ends up looking elegant and not the slightest bit cluttered or overpowering. I find that incredibly hard and you have made it look effortless.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
oh, this is so pretty! The flowers and colors go beautifully together. I especially like the way you colored the girl!
hugs Regina

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous and love the fran tage on the image plate corners so pretty
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Andreja L. said...

Wow Vicki, what great design and what a lovely pastel card you made!
Thanks for sharing with us at OneStopCraftChallenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

brenda said...

What a super colour palette Vicki and delightful card.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Wendy L said...

Wow this is such a pretty card, thanks for playing at Allsorts this week. xxxx

Julia Aston said...

Hi Vicki! so nicely put together with the lace, flowers and layers. Wonderful media on this - liquid pearls, sparkle and corner treatment!

Berni Cuttino said...

Oh My Vicki, she is gorgeous, lovin all of the details and embellies, sweet card and fabulous image.
Hugs

Ellen said...

Beautifully done Vicki! Love the lace and the touches of Frantage and sparkle! Super cute image and you colored her up fabulously! Have a wonderful day!!

Kimberly S said...

Oh wow Vicki, this is gorgeous! Sweet little image, and your coloring is as amazing as ever! Beautiful color combination too. :) hugs, Kimberly

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty, I love the sweet image, your colouring is beautiful and the papers and layout are gorgeous, LOVE it
Lindsay xx

Dreamtime Designs said...

Hi Vicki :)
Just popping over to Congrat you on being one of the Top 3 over at Charisma Cardz :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is totally stunning. The image is adorable & you have coloured her in beautifully. I'm in love with all the layers, the frantage & really, the whole design. It's gorgeous! I would love you to try out for our DT Call for the new Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge. You can find the link below :) Thank you so much for sharing your design with us. Hugs, Lisa.

P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Why not enter the DT Call? :)

Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

NanaConnie said...

Isn't she precious! Love the bit of sparkle and all the little pearls. Fantastic coloring on the fairy, Vicki, especially her wings. I'm going to have to check out those Wee Stamps. Haven't seen much of them before, though I can't imagine how I overlooked them. :-D

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Sorry computer has been down, It had been locking up on me. So hope I can make some comments. Adorable, love how you did the background, love your coloring and the colors. Flowers are so pretty.
Hugs, Pat

WendyP said...

Love your card - the colours and layout look wonderful - thanks for joining the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown challenge blog

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So pretty, love your coloring and the cute design and the flowers!

NanaConnie said...

Back again to congratulate you on taking a Top 3 spot at Tuesday Throwdown with this card! WhooHoo!!

Dawn Frost said...

I love the pearls in her hair, so delicate and soft. She is gorgeous, adorable card!

ribenaruby said...

Stunningly beautiful my friend! Ruby x

Katharina Wikholm said...

Gorgeus card, love all your detaljs. Nice coloring Thanks for joining us at The Fussy and Fancy Challenge

Hugs Katharina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...