"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Believe in Wings

Hello friends!  Are you staying inside?  The heat index is over 100 degrees today and will be up to 106 degrees tomorrow, so I am staying in the air conditioning and feeling sorry watching the construction guys across my street who are working on the school.  They are not only in the heat, but directly in the sun as well!  (If you remember a couple of posts ago, I mentioned a new school going up across the street from me, I have some photos to share of the progress in this post below.)

So today I have ventured into the realm of "blingy" and I took the thing with wings literally as I've added some feathers to my design as well!  I absolutely LOVE the Saturated Canary images and this probably my all time fave image from her.  This image is called Whispy.  She has come out with another new image that I think is gorgeous that is another fairy and I think I like that one just as much now! :)

 So here's a look at the entire card.  The circle sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and punched out with my circle punch.  I've used my fave color combo here and lots of glitter and bling!  I've also put a ribbon in her hair to match her gold bells dangling from her dress and placed a rhinestone in the middle of both of the bows on the card.  If you notice her hair, I've made a two-tone color which is called "Ombre Hair" that I've recently learned.  I've never tried this technique before, but I'd like to practice a bit more with it.  I've also added touches of sparkle to her hair where the bluish color is.

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this card for today:
Saturated Canary - Winged Things
Fab 'N' Funky - "You Can Stick It!" (gems)
Flutterby Wednesday - Emboss It! (dry embossed purple panel)
Totally Gorjuss - Bows
Sentimental Sundays - Ombre Hair + senitment
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC67) - Favorite Color Combination

I always like to see several different observations of the same design and I know I don't always do that, so here's a close-up view of the image again...
I had so much fun coloring her in!  Hope you've enjoyed my crafty share today as well!
Thanks for checking in my friends!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW CONSTRUCTION SCHOOL PHOTOS BELOW:

Now, for the photos of the school being built across the street from me!  I get to watch this right outside my window daily and it is quite amazing how fast everything gets done.  Right now, there is still quite a bit of mess because they're still digging underground and replacing pipes and putting in footings where the new construction will be going.  Once they're done and move the kids to the new school, the old building will be taken down.  Here are just a couple of photos of the progress.....
OK, this one was taken directly from my window and this was the very early stages of the project.  You see off to your left that this is the old construction in place and there are the white pipes laying around to get ready to go into the ground.  (At this point there was lots of underground digging and the building off to the right used to be behind the building on the left.  It is now moved over next to the Jr. High School which is to the right of this photo.

As you can see now quite a bit of progress has been made with new walls put up next to the side of the gym which will become locker rooms.  (I wish I had gotten a better shot in the top photo, but hopefully you can see the difference in the changes.)

And this photo was just taken yesterday after the kids had cleared the parking lot and the construction workers were still there working on it.  Here you can see that they have the steel structure in place and putting up a roof along with still working on the inside of the locker rooms, which you can't see in the photo, but taking my dog for walks, we walk around the entire area and are able to see the progress.

There is also a dirt mess on the other side of this building where the main part of the school will be going with a clock tower and parking, etc.  I have some photos of the dirt pile in the back and I will share the progress of those photos at another time, but this quite a huge project going on across from my home!
I think it will be awesome when it's complete!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I always love it when you visit! 
I'll be back again soon with another creation and a tutorial to share! 

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

43 comments:

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, I love these colours together and your colouring ia amazing. Fab flowers and sparkle too! :) Donna ♥ x

Asha said...

ooooh! Stunning card, my friend! Love love love the colours and the pretty flowers make this a perfect girlie card... not to mention that beautiful image.... WOW!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Stef H said...

o my word! this is gorgeous! GORGEOUS!!!!

did you take them some water????

this is just too darn hot for anything!

have a great day :)

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Vicki and your embellishments are all so perfect for the lovely image! Love the feathers and the color combo is one of my favorites!

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! Lovely image, gorgeous coloring, and such a fabulous layout with those flowers and feathers! :) hugs, Kimberly

crafty-stamper said...

stunning card,beautiful image and fantastic colouring love the feathers
carol x

Ivonne said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love the colors and the gorgeous flowers. The coloring is amazing. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Pat K said...

Stunning card Vicki. Love your colour choices and beautiful design.
Amazing pics....one couldn't build a lego school house any quicker :D
Thanks so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K xx

sue morris said...

Ooooh!! This is JUST gorgeous Vicki! I love the colors and how elegantly she's colored! How exciting to be getting a new school across the street! Cool!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is really stunning, I love the image and the colours, your colouring in is fab and the sparkle is gorgeous, LOVE it. Thanks for the heads up about the magnolia challenge too =)
Lindsay xx

Patti J said...

Holy cow! Your cards just get better and better! This is stunning, Vicki! Thanks for the daily dose of inspiration!

Mary Lou said...

Amazing!!! Beautiful coloring and love the added hair bow!!!
Hugs and stay cool :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh she is so cute!!! Your coloring is fabulous and I love all the details and the great design. I also love your color combination, so pretty.

I feel sorry for the guys who work out in the heat here all summer too. we kinda live at the 100 mark, sometimes less, sometimes more. Yuck. I'll be glad when Oct rolls around and it will cool off again.

So exciting to have a new school across the street! I have one a half a block up and I can hear the school bell when I'm home, lol.

Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Elise said...

Awwww Vicki!! This is so SWEET & BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors on here, and all that blingy wings!!! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Linda . J said...

This is stunning!!Vicki great card and an absolutely fabulous image nice layout too
Hugs Linda

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Just so pretty! Good to see you at my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Sue said...

She is adorable. Love how you did her hair, the latest fashion, I know because my Granddaughter has hers done for the summer! Love the color combo and the feathers and the flowers. Just a gorgeous card.

Hugs
Sue
Wow a new school right across the street...hope your boys will get to take advantage of that!!!
PS new blog address
www.suesstamping.blogspot.com

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet sparkly fairy with her cute leg warmers Vicki! Such gorgeous coloring with the blue and purple!

that sure is quite a project going on across the street! luckily it's a school and not a high rise office or condo!

Patricia St Martin said...

OMGoodness... What can I say, this is so stunning! Love everything, she beautiful and love your coloing and colors.
Hugs Pat

Wishcraft said...

Oh so pretty Vicki! Love the image and fab colours, all your details are just gorgeous too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is GORGEOUS x
Love the colour combo, the way you have added a bow to her hair & all those feathers x

The school looks big ...

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Berni Cuttino said...

oooolala, so sweet and adorable, sweetly designed and colored. FabUlous and striking,
Hugs

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning card Vicki, love the gorgeous design and colour combo.

Donna x

julieprice3 said...

How pretty is this!! I love the gorgeous colours and sweet image, beautifully done Vicki
Hugs Julie P

debby4000 said...

WOW love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Vicki!! I just love the blue and purple combo and all the glitter!! Beautiful coloring and design my friend!!

It has to be very busy and noisy with the construction. How fun to watch though!!

hugs,
Chris

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Vicki, a stunning colour scheme and stunning details. Beautiful colouring of the wonderful SC image - one of my farourite - I have just coloured this one - well 1/2 of it!!!

hugs
Heather xx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous love the use of the feathers and the colours used are beautiful
Hugs Kate xx

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww,wowww Vicki,,,,waht a incredible colors here,and the sparkle is so brillant,,,,,,,loveit, love it, love it.

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is gorgeous!! I LOVE that image and it's colored beautifully! Fabulous color combo and details my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

MiamiKel said...

Oh my word, this is a beauty!!!!! The colors! The glitz!! Just gorgeous!!

Lozzy T said...

What a gorgeous card Vicki, love the colours and your colouring is beautiful. So pretty..Hugs Lozzy x

Teresa said...

Fabulous card Vicki.
Hugs Teresa xx

Ellen said...

Wow Vicki! Gorgeous coloring and design! Love the sparkle and the addition of the feathers! beautifully done! Lucky you to have a school going up across the street..I have a school on the corner and the sounds of the kids playing at recess and lunch always brightens my day!

Regina said...

oh, Vicki! What a lovely card! The little fairy is so cute! I love your coloring, it's stunning! The little bow in the hair is beautiful! The wings with the glitter is a special touch!
And I love, how to arrange flowers on your card!
hugs Regina

Kat W said...

This is just gorgeous! The colours and touches of sparkle are lovely :-) Your colouring is fab - LOVE the ombre hair, maybe will give it a go sometime :-)
Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week.
Hugs, Kat x

Chrissy said...

Just gorgeous Vicki...love the image and your colouring is wonderful.Love the combo of colours..just used them myself..Beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful image! You added lots of great details as usual. You are so talented. The pictures of the school are very cool! Hugz!

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Athina said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colors you choose and your coloring is awesome! Thank you for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Laura Love said...

WOW WOW WOW! This is beyond beautiful! Your coloring is AMAZING! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! We hope that you will play along with us again soon!

Angelique said...

Wow stunning. Fabulous colouring and just adore that bow in her hair.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely stunning! Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...