"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Come Take a S.I.P. with Me!

Hello my friends and a happy Friday to you!
I am looking forward to the weekend and hopefully spend some time with my family.

Today, I'd like to share a creation I made as a Guest Designer for their challenge this week at:
ABC Challenges
For this challenge, they would like you to use
S.I.P. (Stamps, Ink & Paper) - "SIP is a well-known acronym used in paper crafting when we want to focus on keeping things simple.  SIP stands for:  Stamps, Ink, Paper.  This week we are creating cards using only Stamps, Ink and Paper. (You can use pattern paper too.)"

Now I don't know about you, but I do find these type of challenges really challenging!
It's been such a long time ago since I first started stamping, that I forgot what it was like to just start out and have a limited supply of crafty things on hand...I can't even imagine that now, can you?!! LOL!
So here's what I went with for the challenge using some of my Stampin' Up! stamps...
I took my Thoughts & Prayers stamp set to create this card.  I always like to try and have some of these type of cards on hand when I need them because they're not a pleasure in creating when you really do need one.  I've used the colors:  Early Espresso, Pool Party and Whisper White for my card stock.
For the circle, all I did was cut out a circle and used the negative piece and sponged different colors of ink in it, then removed it and then stamped my tree and sentiment in Early Espresso ink.
The Pool Party card background was stamped with Whisper White ink.  Then I added two strips of Early Espresso card stock at the bottom and that's about it!  Simples...so if I can do it, so can YOU! :0)
So get your S.I.P. supplies and enter your creation!

Here's some challenges that I'd like to enter the above card for:
4 Crafty Chicks - sympathy
Aud Sentiments - Anything but a Birthday Card (+ sentiment)
Craftin' Boutique - Anything Goes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on a roll, so I thought I'd share another creation I made...just having fun with some stamps that I haven't played with for a while:
Although this is not "exactly" a S.I.P. style of creation with the embossing folder, punches and pearls, it is still quite simple, but also elegant enough for a quick wedding card when you need one!
I used my Mosaic Madness stamp set along with the Mosaic embossing folder and punch.  I also added this elegant sentiment from my Loving Thoughts stamp set.
I punched out the middle design of the mosaics and then added a tiny pearl in the center of each one.  

Hope you've enjoyed my simple cards today and please do go over and check out the
ABC Challenge for inspiration and enter your S.I.P. card!
I will be back again with another special creation that I made for someone.
Thanks for stopping by friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

33 comments:

Stef H said...

i LOVE the tree! absolutely gorgeous. i just got me the mosaic madness set and need to play with it.

happy friday!

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards Vicki, love how you did the background on the tree card, very rich and elegant!

Kimberly S said...

These are just gorgeous Vicki! I love the inked circle, the colors are perfect, and it's such a pretty sympathy card. Your Mosaic collection is beautiful on your love card too! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! hugs, Kimberly

Deb said...

wow, they are absolutely stunning Vicki, love them both. Love the ink work on your sympathy card! I hadn't heard of SIP before, I just learnt something new!
have a great weekend my friend,
Debxx

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are both beautiful, Vicki! Love your CAS sympathy tree and the second one is just lovely.

Leanne said...

Wow very pretty, love the inked background...nice for our challenge, thanks for playing!

Leanne DT 4CC!

MiamiKel said...

Vicki, your cards are jaw dropping gorgeous as always :) The first one, hard as they are to make, is positively stunning - the shading is so beautiful! I have the stamp/punch like your second card, neither have made it out of the box still!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Asha said...

Love love LOve the sympathy card, Vicki. the sponged background is stunning. The second card is fabulous and fresh. the cool pastel colours make it so pretty. Have a great weekend, my friend.
hugs, Asha

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, I saw your sympathy card on ABC Challenges and had to pop on over and say "how pretty". It is so peaceful and gentle, with the softest colors. Lovely card! hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards but the first one is my favourite I love the simple image and circle of colour background congrats on your GDT
carol x

Elise said...

Wowww Vicki, these are really beauuutiful!!! Love them!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Linda said...

Vicki these are really stunning!!!!! Love both of these wonderful designs!!!!! Way to go again on excellent creativity!!!!!

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, really loving that SIP card, Vicki! I'm not sure I can do without a bow or pearl, but this is a great inspiration. :-D

Andrea W said...

Terrific cards! I love the colors on the sympathy card. Congrats on being the guest designer at 'ABC' Challenges.

Patricia H. said...

Both of your cards are terrific! I especially like the inked background on the tree card and the soft colors of the mosaic card.

sue morris said...

Just beautiful Vicki. These aren't my favorite cards to make but, on the other hand, very needed sometimes. I love the second one as well with the gorgeous colors. Hope your doing okay my friend. *hugs* have a good weekend!

Ellen said...

These are both fantastic Vicki! Love the beautiful soothing colors in the first one and the second one is just darned pretty!! Congrats on the guest dt! have a fab weekend!!

Dawn Frost said...

Great CAS cards Vicki! Love that embossing folder, I just might have to get it, lol!

Josie Smith said...

These cards are beautiful. You know you can enter up to 3:)
Josie
Craftin' Boutique personal blog
Thank you for joining in the fun at Craftin' Boutique Challenge Blog
Come like our page on facebook

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous cards hun and love the blending of the colours on the first one
Hugs Kate xx

Donna said...

Stunning cards Vicki, the sympathy card is perfect for the occasion and your second card has such scrummy colours and is a really beautiful and elegant design :) Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Two fantastic cards Vicki I love that image on the first card with the distressed ink around it, I also love the baubles on the 2nd one great colours, super creations.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

WOW both cards are beautiful Vicki! I love how you've created the circle bg on your sympathy card and fabulous design on your second card!!
Hugs, Tammy

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both fabulous.

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful cards! Love the pretty colors and cool shapes. You do simple and non-simple equally well. Great cards. Hugz!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your cards. I have both stamp sets. Love both of the colors on each of the cards. Thanks for the ideas.
Hugs, Pat

Joan Ervin said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Vicki...you have used such pretty colors, stamps, and diecuts!!!!!

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
wow what fabulous cards! The first is stunning! And the second is simply fabulous!
hugs Regina

Lori said...

Very pretty sympathy card - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

Patty Gorka said...

Thank you so much for being our guest designer! Your card is just beautiful, you really did a wonderful job with the challenge!

~ Jo ~ said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki. Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!

Hugs,
Jo

ribenaruby said...

Wonderful Vicki, both cards are stunning, the sympathy one is so effective! Ruby x

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Beautiful colours on both cards. Great designs and simple. Very elegant.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments

Mel xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...