"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, August 12, 2013

Going in Circles and Twisted!

Hello friends!  Here we are starting up another week in August! Wow!
Time has gone by really fast this Summer, but I am ready for Fall to get here as I love that time of year!
Did you all have a great weekend?  I sure did!  I was able to spend some time in my craft room and my hubby bought home some pretty lavender flowers and surprised me!
I also found some time in the kitchen to make some yummy treats! :)

So I told you that I was going to use some of the new products from my candy winnings...well...I did not do this!  YET!  I am working on some things, I promise!  Coloring is one of my fave things to do and it's hard to tell, but I suppose I DID use some new Copic refills/markers on this creation...so that is something new, right?!  That's all I got right now...so just go with it! LOL!

Although I did win some things from Riley and Company, (coming soon here) I used this fun little guy from my stash that I already had so that it would work for their current challenge going on right now:
Wow...he's twisting around like a mad moose! LOL!  You gotta love Riley with his cuteness!  This one is from the Circus release called Hula Hoop Riley.  The "Twisted" sentiment came from the same Circus collection release and the sentiment on the bottom inside of my card was computer generated by me.  I punched it out and popped it up on a stamped background of hula hoops.  The hula hoop image on the "twisted" sentiment and in the background of the inside is also from the Circus collection release which are a whole set of accessories that go with all those adorable Circus Riley stamps!

I think this card would work for either a masculine or feminine birthday which is something that I like about those Riley stamps too!  Yes, I also know that Riley is not exactly sitting perfectly straight on the front of the design...but that's really the whole point, right?!  He is twisted! LOL!  So I made this circle easel shape design for the current Riley and Company challenge going on which is:  Spots, Dots, Circles.  I think I've got it covered here!
I have "spots" all around Riley which I've made with my Copic markers.  The "dots" appear in the background papers and the "circles" are pretty much everywhere here!

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Riley and Company (RILEY1613)- Spot, Dots, Circles
Tuesday Throwdown - "Don't Be Square!"
The Crafter's Cafe - Furry Friends and/or Friendship (Moose are furry, right?!)
Cute Card Thursday - "Die-ing to Punch"
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Sweet Stampin' - Going Krafty

So next time I will hopefully be able to share the NEW things with you!  I guess it depends upon where I'm at with my craft room creations and what strikes me at the time!  You just never know what will get put up and what I'll be using here...it's a surprise every time! :0)  Hopefully you enjoy it all just the same.
Thanks so much for dropping by today, I sure love it when you take the time to visit!
I will be around to see what's going on in your world soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

35 comments:

Danni said...

Very cute!

Tammy said...

Adorable card Vicki! Love the pretty blue you used and the sentiment is perfect!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. I just love the image and the sentiment is perfect.

Sue - bearhouse said...

Awwwww I love the cute and fun image. Wonderful colouring and such a fabulous design too.
Thank you Vicki, for your very kind and comforting comment today. It really means a lot.
hugs Sue xx

Stef H said...

what a super cute image and absolutely LOVE your card!

you have have my weeds - LOL.

hugs :)

Basement Stamper said...

Fantastic card, love the circular card.

Tammy said...

Adorable Riley card Vicki!! I love that image and your fabulous coloring, beautiful design too!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

well I love Hula Hoop Riley,and great shaped card,I remember the hula hoop craze first time round lol
carol x

Patti J said...

What fun that Riley is having! Darling card, dear friend...thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is such a fun card, Vicki! boy do I ever feel like that some day! ha!

hope you have a wonderful week! :)

Deb said...

love this Vicki, the shape is fabulous and love how you added the hoop around the sentiment!
Debxx

Maria Matter said...

adorable Vicki!
xx

Amy Johnson said...

This is so cute! I love the circular card with that image!

Davi said...

Toooo cute Vicki! I love your little Riley image, makes me smile with all those hula hoops :) The circular shape goes perfect with it too!

Michelle said...

What a fun card Vicki - I just love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at TCCCB.

julieprice3 said...

A wonderful, fun card, very sweet Vicki
Hugs Julie P

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is priceless. Perfect image for a circle card.

Kimberly S said...

Such an adorable Riley card Vicki! Pretty coloring, and such a fun easel card too! :) hugs, Kimberly

NanaConnie said...

How did I miss this fun card? What a great image! Love the turquoise you chose and the subtle polka dot paper is perfect with it.

flossbite said...

Such a brilliant card! Really do love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at The Crafter's Cafe challenge blog.
Hugs
Fiona x

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, I am so darn cute, sweet image and lovin the color pallet.
Hugs

Ellen said...

Fun image and design Vicki!! He looks like he is having a blast! Fab card girl!!

sallysbitz2 said...

Such a lovely shaped easel card. Great image & colour combo x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, So dog gone cute, love hula hoop Riley image, the easel card is wonderful, great colors. Everything is circles. just adorable.
Hugs, Pat

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Adorable and beautiful, Vicki!! I just love the blue, the circle easel design, your choice of papers, and your coloring of adorable Riley!!
hugs,
Chris

Joy said...

holy cow, this is soooooo cute! thanks for playing with Riley and company!

MiamiKel said...

Fantastic take on the challenge! I almost used this one, too :) Gorgeous color combo and a beautiful circle frame - hope your goodies arrive soon! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh my gosh- this is so darling!!! I love the image so much- and the perfect sentiment with it. Loving the circle easel you made- awesome!

Crystal said...

Heheheheheh this is soooo super cute!!!! Love Riley!!!

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki and such a fun design, love this lil moose and fab polka dot papers :) Donna ♥ x

Asha said...

Adorable card, Vicki. Love your choice of colours. The easel card is just perfect for this twisted card. Sooooo sweet!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts
p.s. We're having a wonderful time here. The food is ...WOW!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hehe this really made me smile, love the cute image and the sentiment is absolutely brilliant
Lindsay xx

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

What an amuzing Moose image! It certainly makes it a fun card. Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Pia x

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' He makes me smile.
xxx

nwilliams6 said...

This is so fun! Love the image and the sentiment. Fun stuff! Hugz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...