"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

It's All About the Boys

Hello friends!  Happy hot & steamy Monday to you!
There is a heat advisory in my area this afternoon and it will be really hot all week!
So you know that this means some happy crafting time for me!

I wanted to post this creation earlier this morning as I had the image colored on my studio desk Friday, but didn't get a chance to finish up the card until this morning.  I was cleaning and scrubbing my house this weekend as I knew I wouldn't want to deal with it whilst it is hot out! BLAH!

I always find that I'm in need of masculine creations for birthdays and such as most of the people in my family are all boys.  I also find that when I sell creations, those are ones that seem to go really well second to the sympathy cards.  I pulled out this sweet LOTV image that a sweet friend gave me a while back...unfortunately, I don't own very many of these sweet images, but of course give me time! LOL!
This adorable little fellow is called Big Present.  I colored him with my Copics and even added my own "For you" on the tag in the image.  The sentiment comes from a SU! set in my stash and I punched it out, distressed around the edges, added some faux stitching details and hooked it on my twine with the bow.
The die cut fence is from Magnolia.  I added some more faux stitching and distressing around the circle image panel and the dark green panel as well.  The striped papers that I've used in the background have been in my stash for way too long and I was happy to have used some more of it!

The inside has some matching papers and a sentiment that says:  "Pack up a little sunshine, tuck your cares away, celebrate, and enjoy yourself...'cause it's your day to play!"  Sentiment by Darcie's.

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this creation in:
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC66) - Round or Square
Divas by Design - Use some Twine
Penny's Paper Crafty - Dies &/or Punches
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Lili's Little Fairies - It's All About the Boys
Crafty Catz - Stitching (faux or real)
2 Sisters - square cards
Sketch Saturday - sketch
Pile it On - designer paper
ABC Challenges (ABC42) - No flowers

I still promise you that I'm going to work on my tutorials and get them up soon...it's just a lazy summer feeling I guess! LOL!  I still have so much new crafty stamps/goodies to share too!  There is just never enough time in the day to do everything you'd like to do!  But please keep watching as I slowly get things back in working "order" on my blog and get things put up on here that you want to see.  *If there was something on my old blog that you wanted to see, but never got a chance to or wanted to come back to it, please let me know what it was and I'll try and get something similar or the same thing put back up here for you.*
Thanks so much for checking in today friends and I'll be back here again shortly!
Stay cool and craft!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

34 comments:

Berni Cuttino said...

It is all about the boys and this image is so precious. Beautifully colored and designed. Simply a delightful boy's child.
Hugs

Stef H said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww! how cute!

yep. it's hot alright!

hugs :)

Kimberly S said...

Such an adorable boyish birthday card Vicki! Love the sweet image, and the perfect colors you chose! :) hugs, Kimberly

Deb said...

This is just gorgeous Vicki, such an adorable image and love the little fence die, perfect finishing touch!
Stay cool! No worries about that here, we have storms forecast all week that are keeping the temps down to a very comfortable mid- 70's!
Debxx

Tammy said...

Adorable card and fabulous coloring! Love the fence! Enjoy the heat, won't be long now!

Wishcraft said...

Adorable image and love that stripy paper - fab colours! Thanks for joining in at Lili's Little Fairies hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jennifer Scull said...

oh gosh, Vicki, I think I keep repeating myself on every post, but man oh man, this is adorable! love everything about it! the die you used is so cute with that precious image! :)

so happy you keep winning more goodies! hooray for YOU!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

The stamp is so sweet, love your beautiful card,
hugs Anja

Davi said...

Vicki this is soo sweet! I love the darling little image and your wonderful coloring of course ;) That little fence is the cutest embellie to go with him :) Happy week my friend!

Patti J said...

This is just darling, Vicki! Your coloring is perfect, as always. Love the sweet image! Great card. Hot here too...ugh!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh he is so super cute, I love the dp and the cute fence and design. Fabulous coloring. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Ceal said...

Super cute boy birthday card! thanks for playing along with our round or square challenge this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

downrightcrafty said...

what a beautiful card, super image and love the colours
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is sooooo cute.
luv
Debby

Janette said...

Beautiful little card, so sweet....
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Dangina Martinez said...

This is so gorgeous. Thank You for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps. Good Luck and Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Chris said...

this is adorable, beautifully colored and put together perfectly.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

Linda said...

Love this, such a great card for a boy, beautifully designed and coloured. Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Catz :)xx

Laurian said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz
Laurian

Blankina said...

What a lovely card!!
Hugs Blankina

DesignerDiva said...

Super little card Vicki, I love your colour palette.
Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week for our 'Twine' challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Patricia St Martin said...

Such a little guy for a big package. He is so adorable. Love you colors.
Hugs, Pat

Sue - bearhouse said...

I love this cute LOTV image Vicki and you have coloured him so beautifully. Gorgeous papers and fabulous layout too.
Thank you, also, for taking part in the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge this week :)
hugs Sue x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vicki,
This is such a cute image. I love how you've coloured him & your fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Amy Johnson said...

This is really adorable! Love that image!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So sweet, love the colours and the distressed edges and the image is adorable
Lindsay xx

carol said...

ooh gorgeous creation, love the added twine...thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Sue said...

HA! what a great boy card. Hard to come by sometimes. He is so sweet, and love those sneakers!
Fun card.

Hugs
Sue

julieprice3 said...

Very cute, perfect little boy card
Hugs Julie P

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki! I love that adorable image and your fabulous distressing!!
Hugs, Tammy

Ellen said...

He is just so sweet! Fantastic coloring! Love the tiny boy and stitching!

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
what a cute "boy" card!!! I love the border punch you used and the little tag on it!

sending big hugs
Regina

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, how sweet! Love your coloring and stitching too! Love the sentiment along the fence, super cute! Thanks for playing along with our 'No Flowers' challenge over at ABC Challenges!

ribenaruby said...

Great LOTV boy image Vicki, you've done great with the colouring and brilliant card design! Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...