"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Many Folds to Tea Time!

Hello friends!  I hope you are doing well as we grow closer to the end of Summer.
It is supposed to be really really HOT this week, so this air conditioning is staying on!
I have also up-loaded some photos of our school construction from hubby's phone to my computer, so I may post a few once I go through all of them and pick out a few...it's quite a mess and it will be something to see how everyone handles it this morning when school starts here! LOL!

Today I have several photos of the creation that I've been working on.  There are many different folds involved in this one and I've never tried one of these before, but I thought it was fun and a bit different.
OK...so here we are with the front of my design.  I guess you can think of this as sort of a "book".
I've used my yummy Tea for Two designer papers from Stampin' Up! throughout this design.  Even the little "Have Tea" tag was created with the papers.  I've added some faux stitching, distressing and yummy ribbon to help hold all of this together.  So when you take off the ribbon, you grab the "Have Tea" tab and lift it as it is Velcro.  This is similar to a gate fold card design....

So when you open up both folds, this is what you will see on the inside of the gate fold design.
No matter where you open this creation, you will sentiments throughout.  (You can see that I've added a little "thinking of you" tag next to the Vintage style button.  I've also added some more stitching and distressing to the papers on the inside as well.

This sweet Lili of the Valley image was colored with my Copics to match my papers and then I used a die to place her inside my design.  I've also added some flowers that I sprayed with paint along with the tea pot charm that is dangling from the flowers.  You can also see a touch of liquid pearls on her flowers in her hat.
I think she's so sweet getting ready for her tea party! :0)

OK...so when you pull up on the image panel, you will see that you can open up that and set it up like an easel design!  Note that I have another sentiment on the inside of the design.
So basically when the gate fold card opens and laying flat, you can see the easel design.  So it's like a two for one card design!  I was thinking this would make a really adorable photo album too!

And here's just a better close-up of my design.  Of course, it's always so much better to play with in person and you can see all of the fun details too!  Believe it or not, this whole card design was made from a single 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock!  I used the gate fold design concept, but added a different element to it!
It's really very easy to create!

**CLICK HERE** for Tutorial on how to make this!


Here are a few challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Lili's Little Fairies Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Totally Gorjuss - Die Cuts & Punches
Addicted to Stamps - Shabby/Vintage
The Cutie Pie Challenge - anything goes
ABC Challenges - Lots of Layers
Top Tip Tuesday - Use Your Initials ("V" for Vintage and "P" for Papers, Pearls & Paint)
Crafty Creations - Shabby Chic

Thanks so much for dropping by today!  I hope you like my design and do come back as I have been working on some images that I've started coloring!  I also have a couple of tutorials coming up for you soon! Have a lovely day friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

37 comments:

Stef H said...

like opening a surprise package!!! and a gorgeous one at that!!!!

bad air quality too! i actually had a headache yesterday and i NEVER have those!!! stay in, have fun and stay cool!

hugs :)

julieprice3 said...

What a cute image, I love the card fold, must try this one
Hugs Julie P

Julia Aston said...

What great folds on this pretty Tea card Vicki! Love how it opens up to an easel card!!

Tammy said...

Sweet card and gorgeous colors and coloring! Love the layout and design but could I have a beer instead of tea?

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is stunning Vicki. I LOVE the design, gorgeous image and wonderful colouring. The papers are so beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, long time no posts on my dashboard showing so I've signed in for emails...Great to see your fab creations, aren't LOTV just the cutest!!! Now, I'm back I'll go see what you've been up to my friend, take care. Ruby x

Basement Stamper said...

WOW! Now this is amazing, love it! Love all the folds and the colors of it.

Berni Cuttino said...

Oh Wow, this is amazing fold and fantastic design and embellies, delightful colors and fun image. Simply sweet
Hugs

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love the colours. Thanks for playing at LLF

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely cute card and smashing embellishments, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie. good luck cheers Sue Nx

downrightcrafty said...

what a clever gatefold easel and beautifully presented too
Hugs Kate xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card and i love the unique fold!

Patti J said...

What fun! Love the fold, and your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this amazing creation, Vicki!

Sue from Oregon said...

You know how I love fun folds...Super fun design and darling image too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Yes please- video tutorial would be so awesome! I LOVE this card- beautiful!!!

NanaConnie said...

Incredible! Unbelievable! Stunningly gorgeous! WOW! Having said all that -- yes, I definitely need a tutorial and I'd love it if you included measurements/sizes on everything. I just have to try this. :-D

NanaConnie said...

Forgot to ask if that gorgeous paper is still available at SU?

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness, lots of folds, tons to see! Fantastic card Vicki its gorgeous!

crafty-stamper said...

Fantastic gatefold easel card love the papers and cute image and can't wait for the tutorial
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is absolutely GORGEOUS! love everything about it! can't wait to see your tutorial on how it comes together. you did a phenom job with it. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Great idea!!! I can see how it would work. Love your creation. Darling image so beautifully colored. Love the charm and your pretty flowers. Thanks for the inspirations!
Hugs, Pat

Kelly Lloyd said...

Super sweet card Vicky. Gorgeous shape and layout
Thanks for joining in at LLF, hope you will join in our new challenge that started today too.
Hugs Kelly DT

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is stunning!! Adorable image and beautiful colors, I love the design... can't wait to see your tutorial!
Hugs, Tammy

Teresa said...

Ooh I love this one too, great folding card, I'd love to try this, you've used a super image too. xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderfully fun fold, great charm, super flowers, wonderful image, and very cool theme. Another magical creation. Hugz!

Donna said...

Oh wow Vicki, this is such an incredibly pretty creation and so detailed too with all the folds. Absolutely stunning and a real keepsake too :) Donna ♥ x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute, love the colors and the fabulous design. The flower treatment is so perfect for this image and design.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) A•Muse Consultant #1065 said...

The fold on this card is amazing! And what a sweet card it is!

Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenges Lots of Layers Challenge this week!

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, wow! Love the amazing design of your card, beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Challenges!

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. I love the folds and the interesting way it opens and stands up. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Sabine said...

What a beautiful card. I love the way you colored the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week,
hugs
Sabine

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and was not expecting to see an easel inside a gatefold - lovey idea/shape.
Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies Anything Goes challenge and good luck x Susan x

Ellen said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki! Love the surprise easel inside!A beautifully designed creation!!
Hugs
Ellen

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
wow! Your card is a truly eye-catching! I love the folds!

hugs Regina

Kjersti said...

A gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at ATSC this time!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Annette said...

So pretty, and I love how the image pops up inside.
Thanks for joining in with us for our ‘Initials’ challenge at Top Tip Tuesday
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas Challenge,
As You Like It Challenge,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...