"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Peeking in to Say Happy Birthday and New Rubbah!

Yay!  It's Saturday and the weekend has begun!
This will be the last weekend before school starts in our area and it will start in the middle of new construction going on.  We are getting a brand new school built and this is a bit exciting for us in this little town! LOL!  Especially when you live right across the street from it! Oiy!  Let's just say that it hasn't been a quiet or peaceful Summer this year for me.  I am taking photos of the changes going on and hope to put together a book for my kids...we'll see how that works!

Anyway, speaking of my neighborhood, my neighbor posted on Facebook that her dear loved one is having her 96th birthday at the end of August and she was hoping to get birthday cards sent to her...and of course with me being a card maker, I wanted to join in the fun of making her one! :0)
(If you crafters would like to send one too, please contact me for an address to send it to.)
I sure hope she can reach her goal and make this lady one happy birthday girl!
Here's what I decided to go with for my card:
I absolutely LOVE this image!  I used a stamp that I haven't even inked up until now!  I know, shame on me!  This is a Sugar Nellie stamp called Peek a Boo.  I also just found out (don't know where I've been!) that Sugar Nellie has branched out in the U.S.!! Yay!  I was so excited to see this as I love their stamps!  So if you are in the U.S. please go to their U.S. Sugar Nellie website to buy your stamps!  (They don't have everything there, yet, but they say they're going to stock more soon...so let them know that you want them to carry more stuff in U.S.!!)  The sentiment and the inside of this card comes from a set by Darcie's and is called Birthday Bear.  They have some really darling stamps too! :0)

She was so fun to color and thought she needed a bit of sparkle on her present ribbon and balloon. I kept this one a bit simple because I've just mailed it in a matching envelope that you see the card is sitting on.  I didn't want to mail a thick package with lots of flowers because I wanted to make sure she got it in time for her birthday!  I hope she likes it and gets many more wishes!

Here's what the inside of this card looks like:
I've used some matching papers (Basic Grey - Nook & Pantry) same as front of card and added a colored gift image and popped it out in the corner.  This is the same image that I used for the envelope and middle of the inside sentiment.  Of course I had to add a bit more sparkle on the gift and the punched circle for the sentiment.  The gift came from the same Birthday Bear stamp set.

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this card for:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - sketch # 219

The Sugar Bowl - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Occasion-ally
Creative Belli Challenge (CBC176) - glitter (forgotten stamp & old papers!)
Penny's Paper Crafty - Lace and/or Ribbon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for some other fun news to share.....all of my prize winnings have been coming in this week and a little shopping here and there...it's so fun to get new rubbah!!!
Yay!  I got some new LOTV stamps, some Riley & Company prize winnings and prize winnings from Magnolia-licious!  I can't wait to start making up some fun projects with it!! :0)
So make sure you stop back by to see what I'll be making next!
Thanks so much for dropping in today to see what I'm doing!  I love hearing from you my friends!
Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you again soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

45 comments:

Stef H said...

what a fabulous card! your coloring is amazing and i just love her cheeks and those balloons!

wooooooo hooooooo on your goodies!

hugs :)

Donna said...

Gorgeously girly card Vicki and so pretty in pink, lush colouring too hun :) Donna ♥ x

Ellen said...

Sweet coloring if this adorable image! Your balloons look so transparent! Love your take on the layout and the fabby papers! Congrats on the new rubbah! i know you will make something fantastic with them! Have a great weekend!
Ellen
xxx

Danni said...

This is so sweet!! Just darling!! Love your coloring too!

mulberry station said...

Oh my goodness Vickie, this is sooo adorable. Your coloring is done to perfection. I love every thing about your card. Beautifully done!! Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Tammy said...

Wow Vicki, you certainly did hit the jackpot in crafty goodness! Congrats!

Your card today is wonderful, love the precious image and the soft colors are delightful!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

First time visiting you, I love you project for today, specially that sugar nellie stamp she is gorgeous
Thanks for sharing. Keep in Touch,
Bibiana

Joanna said...

That image is adorable with a capital "A"!! Dang it, now I have to get another stamp :-)

Thanks for sharing your work with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday
~Jo, SSW-DT

Jennifer Scull said...

what a precious card! she is going to be thrilled to receive it. :)

congrats on all of your fab goodies, too!

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, she is cute, love how is peeping around. A sweet and delightful image and fabulous coloring
Hugs
Berni

Heide said...

Adorable! Great pick in a new stamp. Darling papers and great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute image and card! Love it!

Davi said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I love the image and your coloring is outstanding, makes her look so real, sweet papers and edging with it too ;)

Sue from Oregon said...

This is super super sweet. I oh so love this image. Your delicate coloring really makes this card shine!

downrightcrafty said...

such a pretty image and love the card and the new rubber looks great have fun playing
Hugs Kate xx

Sanja Grdinić said...

Very cute girly card - love that sparkly balloon - what a great idea! :)
Have a nice day, Vicki!

Jeannie said...

My goodness this is too cute for words! Gorgeous coloring and the touches of sparkle are perfect. I wish this was offered in a digital image, I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet it is!! Such a darling image and beautiful coloring! Love, love, love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki I do love your card that image is both cute and adorable the colours and papers look fabulous.
hugs
lorraine x

Kimberly S said...

Awwww...what a precious little image that is Vicki! Your coloring is always so amazing, and I am sure that your neighbor's family member is going to be thrilled to receive it! :) hugs, Kimberly

Basement Stamper said...

I always love to see your coloring, it's so pretty and this card is adorable.

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet image and your gorgeous coloring! Perfect colors and papers... love your new goodies too! :)
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

This is just toooo sweet, Vicki! Love your coloring and paper choices, my friend. Thanks for the tip about Sugar Nellies. I love them, too, and will definitely check out the new site.

crafty-stamper said...

love the cute peek a boo image beautifully coloured and congratulations on your prizes too
Carol x

Lisa aka Myran said...

This card is absolutely adorable Vicki! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

Amber Holder said...

This is adorable inside and out! I really love the way you colored the balloons, they really look transparent as they would in real life :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Kathie said...

Oh Vicki what a great card, I do love this new image and it's such a sweet girlie card. Love your design papers and great added embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, your neighbors friend is going to love this. Fabulous card design and colors.

nwilliams6 said...

This is just the cutest image and you brought her to life with your perfect coloring. So sweet of you to help your neighbor achieve her goal. Sweet girl! Hugz!

Patricia St Martin said...

Card is so adorable. Love the balloons they turned out wonderful and the image is so sweet, love the kitten.
Hugs, Pat

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is just precious, Vicki...I absolutely love that sweet image and your beautiful coloring!!! Congrats on all your wins, too...that's quite a pile of rubbah!!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Sweet image and love your coloring and papers!
Judi SSW DT

Regina said...

Vicki, your card is a sweety and absolutely beautiful!

sending hugs Regina

Dawn Frost said...

Oooooh she is adorable! Fantastic colouring Vicki, I love her cheeks and the clear balloon with glitter!

lis-m said...

such a sweet, sweet card.. love the colours and image choice...
Thanks for joining us at The Sugarbowl this time...Good luck"
Hugs x

Sue said...

Vicki, I have tried to email you regarding your win for challenge
150 at House Mouse and the email came back can you please email me your email address to rsdrees@verizon.net

Thanks
Sue

MiamiKel said...

Your card is absolutely delicious! I'm glad you inked it up because this is just FANTASTIC, especially for the 96 year young lady :) WOOHOO on the winnings - can't wait to see what you make! x0x0

Julia Aston said...

what a sweet, sweet b'day card for your neighbors 92 year old loved one! love the design and wonderful coloring Vicki!

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous Vicki card and in such beautiful colours, love the design.
Hugs Linda

Juls said...

beautiful!!! Love the gorgeous colour combo ..and the sparkly balloon is fabulous! Thanks for joining us in the sugar bowl! Hugs Juls

Sharon Basel said...

Vicki your card is so incredibly adorable! I am in love with that adorable image and your coloring that brought it to life. So beautifully done. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

julieprice3 said...

Beautifully coloured and created, looks like you have some awesome goodies to play with
Hugs Julie P

ribenaruby said...

Vicki..you lucky lucky lady!!! What gorgeous crafty goodies to play with. Beautiful card, I love that SN image perfect for birthdays! Ruby x

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "ribbon and/or lace" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

PS: Sorry for the late comment. I really had a busy week…

Rhonda Miller said...

What a wonderful card. I love the cute image. Looks like you're going to be having some fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...