"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Remember Your Childhood

Hello friends!  Happy Friday and happy long weekend!
Do you have any plans for this Labor Day weekend?  I am going to be very busy which will mean no time to stamp!  So many things going on, but I sure hope it cools down a bit so we can enjoy it!

Today, I have something a bit different for you.
I absolutely LOVE Vintage style and images, but I just don't have much practice with it.
Today, I'm sharing one and perhaps several more as I enjoyed working with this! :)
This stunning image was given to me from Ignacio from Nicecrane Designs.
This image is from her "Remember Your Childhood" sheet and she asked if I could do something with it to help her promote her images. (You can see the whole sheet of images by clicking on the name.)
Go check out the store as she has tons and tons of sheets just like these and if you don't like to color something in, she also has pre-colored images as well....I've got an eyeball on some others that I think are absolutely stunning!  This is something new to me and I thank you Ignacio for inviting me to have a play with your images!  You'll be seeing more from me! :0)

For my design, I've colored the entire image with my Copic cool grey colors and only colored the doll's dress with red.  (You will understand why below.)  I added a border with some of that awesome glass glitter from Stampin' Up! which adds a nice Vintage touch.  I also stamped a post mark in the bottom corner of the image and added a punched white border on two sides of the image.  Then mounted on black stamped with a flourish design and on a white card base with a flourish design.  Topped it off with a red ribbon and pearl to offset and draw attention to the red in the image.

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Addicted to Stamps & More - I used Option 3 
(There is a Nicecrane Designs Freebie to use on challenge blog!)

Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Charisma Cardz - Just One (one ribbon, one pearl, one non-neutral color)

So that's it from me, I hope you've enjoyed my creation for you today and I wish you all a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love it when you visit!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

41 comments:

Stef H said...

o wow vicki! i LOVE this! love it! that gold sparkly border is gorgeous too!

have a great weekend. no plans on this end. well ok... a few but nothing to write home about - LOL. i sure hope it doesn't get as hot as they say it will.

hugs :)

Ellen said...

I just love this vintage image and neutral tones! The pop of color is brilliant! Have a fantastic weekend and stay cool!
Hugs

sue morris said...

Hi vicki! Thanks for the visit and the link! This is SUCH a sweet card!! Perfect fit for the inspiration piece. You have a great wknd too!!

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz with our 'One' challenge! hugs Carlyann *CC DT & Owner* x

Danni said...

Very pretty! love the pops of red! Enjoy your weekend!

Deb said...

such a beautiful card, that image is so precious!
Have a great weekend, Debxx

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww Vicki,,,,love it, love it, love it.....I am really surprised about how you color my digi,,with these neutral tones....in grea and red,,,and they work perfect my friend,,,so soft ones,,,,giving the perfect touch to my vintage stamp,,,,,and your sparkle is amazing,,,,Thanks a million,,,,,I am sending you a nice gift,.

Chrissy said...

This is just fabulous Vicki..I love the splash of red and the wonderful vintage image..gorgeous details...love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Nonni said...

Hi Vicki, wow, stunning vintage card! I really love how you've colored the image. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

Kimberly S said...

What a gorgeous image and perfect coloring Vicki! Love the vintage look to this as well, and you've added just the right embellishments! Have a fabulous weekend! :) hugs, Kimberly

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! Love the splash of red, looks fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tammy said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you've colored it and the touch of red is brilliant! Off to check out the website!

Patti J said...

Oh, so very pretty!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Julia Aston said...

I adore this wonderful image Vicki - and how you colored it - with the light blue and bright spot with the red doll- awesome!! and the glitter frame is wonderful! have a great long weekend GF!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Love Nicecrane designs vintage images. You did a wonderful job with this darling image. Love the touch of red. Have a wonderful long week end
Hugs, Pat

NanaConnie said...

This is magnificent, Vicki! Love the pop of red in the doll and the bow. The image almost looks like a winter snow image colored the way you did it. I'm off to visit Nice Crane. :-D

nwilliams6 said...

So cool Vicki! Great glitter edge, super colors (perfect for the challenge), and fun vintage card. Super job on this. I clicked on the link and her stuff is very interesting! Hugz!

Basement Stamper said...

that glitter glass looks amazing with this vintage image-very pretty!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute! Love the vintage image and your great design. Fabulous.

MiamiKel said...

Gasp! This is stunning!!! What a positively gorgeous creation ..you've done this image justice and then some! Wow!!!

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous card
Hugs Kate xx

Teresa said...

Ooh Vicki, I really love this one with the splash of red it's beautiful.
Hope you have a great weekend :)
hugs Teresa x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So pretty, I love the image and the flourish borders in the background are so gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki! I love that fabulous Vintage image and the touches of red!! Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what an amazing vintage image, love your card with this beautiful scenery.
Have a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

Berni Cuttino said...

OMG,Vicki this is so adorable, what a sweet and precious image, beautiful scene with a touch of red. So well done, girlfriend.
Hugs

Elise said...

Wow Vicki, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love the colors and with the hints of red to make everything stand out!!!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise

crafty-stamper said...

what a beautiful vintage image love the B.paper and gorgeous bow
Carol x

Davi said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love the old vintage image and your touches of red with it :) Hope you are having a great weekend my friend!!

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful Vicki! I love the papers and added sparkle you've used!
Have a beautiful day!

Deepti Stephens said...

Absolutely beautiful, Vicki! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Donna said...

Beautiful and elegant card Vicki, darling image and I love the glitter glass border...stunning :) Donna ♥ x

Vee said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Shana Gaff said...

Beautiful card! I love the subtle touch of red on the image. The bow and chunky glitter framing the image are just gorgeous too! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A gorgeous card and I love the splash of red.

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

Sarahxx

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous vintage card Vicki and in such beautiful colours, love the design, love vintage too.
Hugs Linda

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!! Such a lovely image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable image and I looove how you used only gray tones with the pop of red...gorgeous, Vicki!!!!!

ribenaruby said...

Great vintage image Vicki, love the red too my friend! Ruby x

julieprice3 said...

Love the image, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
what a amazing and wonderful image! Your coloring is fantastic!
hugs Regina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...