"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What Life is About...

Hello friends!  Yes, I'm still here! LOL!  Hope you had a great weekend.
Mine was pretty busy with different things going on, but I enjoyed the time I spent with family.

I have also been so thrilled as my winnings from last week have or are coming in and it's like Christmas getting new goodies!  It's been such a long while since I've gotten any crafty goodies and it can very motivating when you are trying to create and get your "MOJO" back and running! :0)

And since I've started a blog back up again, I was always questioning "my style" or what products, images, colors, designs, etc that I "should" or "should not" be doing.  I think when we start to question our own creativity, it can hinder us in crafting as the person we "really" are.  We are each unique and we all have our own styles...even if we CASE someone...it is still our "own style" and it makes us crafters who we really are as artists.  I've also come to realize that everyone has "art work" that they like or don't like because it's what attracts them to it.  I can ALWAYS find something attractive about someones design and be inspired by it.  I honestly love to see what people are creating because there are so many clever ideas out there.
So weather you like "my style" or not...I am thrilled that you came to see my designs for whatever reason! :0)
I don't think I have a style at all...it's really whatever tickles my fancy at the time.
So here's what has tickled my fancy lately:
I think these Saturated Canary images are sooo darling!  This cutie is called Traveling Colors.  I cut her out and separated her Copic marker from the image and placed it next to her feet.
I thought this would make for a nice one-layer card.  I stamped the edges, added the sentiment and then added some die cut clouds at the top.  I also sprinkled some glitter under her bag of Copic markers and her feet.  She was just so much fun to color in!

Here are a few challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Saturated Canary Challenges - "Set Your Creativity Free!" (anything goes)
Charisma Cardz - "Up in the Clouds" (use clouds)
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
One Stop Craft - Keep it Simple
Crafty Calendar - anything goes
2 Sisters - anything goes
The Crazy Challenges - anything goes

So I hope you've enjoyed my creation!  I will be working with some of the new goodies that I got and share my results with all of that!   I wish you a wonderfully creative and productive day today!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

47 comments:

Danni said...

Lovin' this Vicki! Awesome job!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at charisma!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicki this is such a gorgeous little scene you have crafted here. Adore the colouring and that bag full of Copics.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, I love the CAS design and the image is amazing...gotta love the copics, so cool! :) Donna ♥ x

Berni Cuttino said...

Loving this design and the coloring is supberb. Sweet and fun card.
Hugs

Deb said...

This is so adorable Vicki! love that you made it a one layer card, makes the image really stand out, so gorgeous!
Debxx

Sue said...

Love this image and what you have done with it. Hee Hee, could be anyone of us with all those markers, right!

Hugs
Sue

Carla S. said...

Wonderful card, Vicki! I love the clean style and the great sentiment! Fantastic coloring of the fun image!

Ellen said...

I love your style!! My style is also blowing in the wind. Your card turned out fabulously!! I just adore CS images, the sentiment is perfect for it! The touch of sparkle and clouds are awesome!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki I love, love this beautiful creation that image and colours are a total delight to see, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog Vicki.
hugs
lorraine x

Stef H said...

i LOVE this! love everything about it... the image, the sentiment, your colors & coloring. just love it!

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Vicki - great design and colouring! So true what you say about our individual creativity! I always look at other styles and wish I could make cards like that but my cards come out how they come out!! Hugs, Juliexx

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A stunning card on kraft. I love the image and the great sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge and good luck.

Sarahx

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, I love your style. I understand the way you feel it seam like you can enter challenge all the time but never win so I'm so glad you have been wining. It makes you feel good. Your card is just darling and love your coloring and SC image is just darling. Love the sentiment.
Hugs, Pat

Jennifer Scull said...

this is really cute, Vicki! glad that your prizes are coming in. that is always fun to get in the mail. :)
enjoy your goodies!

Tammy said...

Well said we all need to just be ourselves! Gorgeous card and wonderful colors and coloring!

Jennifer said...

This is just wonderful Vicki! I love your colouring on her and the delicate edging that frames her!

NanaConnie said...

What a fab image, Vicki! Love what you've done with her, fussy cutting her and using her with that sentiment. Terrific card. :-D

Mary Lou said...

Hey there Vicki ...I am like you--I create with my feelings for that day :). I like many styles:). This adorable card is FANTASTIC!!!! Beautiful coloring and lovin those clouds!!! Perfect saying!!!
Hugs

Patti J said...

Gotta love Christmas in August! Glad your goodies are coming in. Love this sweet card, my friend! Thanks for sharing :-)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh I love this! This is gorgeous. Your coloring is amazing and the design rocks!

downrightcrafty said...

love this one the image is wonderful and the sentiment so sweet
Hugs Kate xx

Asha said...

Absolutely stunning! Love everything about it. So simple but very striking.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Basement Stamper said...

Love that sentiment, just a great reminder to all...but the bag of copics? Super cute!!

sue morris said...

Goood for you Vicki!! I think your spot on about our interpretations and such..This is a beautiful card! I have this image too and haven't done anything with it yet. How sad is that?!! I hope you have a beautiful day!!

Tammy said...

Adorable card Vicki!! I love that sweet image and your beautiful clean design, fabulous sentiment too!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Amy Johnson said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! It's totally my style. So cute!

Kimberly S said...

This is so pretty Vicki! Love the image, and your coloring, and that background is perfect to show her off! hugs, Kimberly

Joan Ervin said...

The image is sooo sweet, Vicki, and what a great idea to stamp the edges of your one layer masterpiece!!! The cute little clouds are such an adorable detail!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Love your post Vicki...and I can certainly say Ditto!!! Seems my style is always evolving...mostly with colors and papers, but always pretty simple in style-Your creations are always so wonderful. So happy to have you back to blogging!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki... your card is so fantastic and wonderful...

Have a nice day
Anja

Josie Smith said...

Super cute:)
Following on Bloglovin' now:)!!
Josie
Craftin' Boutique personal blog
Please join the fun at Craftin' Boutique Challenge Blog

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh Vicki, wonderful as always! What a terrific win, I can't wait to see all you create! Happy crafting, my friend!

Jo said...

Fab card....lovely image & your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this time & good luck!
Hugs Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

great one layer card and love the image I have just discovered copics lol
Carol x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I do like your style and I have to agree, we are our own worse critics sometimes. I like the creativity and like you, I can find beauty in most crafters projects. We need only compete with ourselves and get where "we" want to go with it. This is so adorable, love the image and the clouds and colors you used. Keep crafting and posting, you are a great source of inspriation. For my mojo, I blog hop, lol.

Miss Emerald said...

Lovely card and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

Dreamtime Designs said...

Hi Vicki,
Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Charisma Cards :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. Totally love your colouring, the image & the colour combo you have used. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :)

Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

Kristie said...

Love this!! Especially the traces of sparkle by her feet lol...leaving bits of her creativity all over the place!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the image, your colouring is wonderful and such a beautiful sentiment too.
hugs Sue xx

Davi said...

This is such a sweet card with the darling image and a very wise saying! Fab job :)

nwilliams6 said...

What a super image! Love that it has all those Copic markers in it -sure to be a popular image in the paper-craft world. Super sentiment too - so true. Hugz!

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
since my last visit you have make so many cards!
I can't keep up with you, your production is so high and all your cards are so lovely and sweet!
This card is totally adorable! All I can say is wow! What a clever and super stamping idea!
hugs Regina

Pillan said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

Becky said...

Gorgeous card,
Thank you for playing along with us this challenge at Saturated Canary
Hugs, Becky x

ribenaruby said...

Stunning!!! What a really nice card. Ruby x

lynne said...

Hi Vicky,
This card is stunning. The image is coloured perfectly and against the Kraft card looks fab!
Thanks for joining us at crafty calendar challenge!
Hope your keeping ok.
Hugs
Lynne xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...