"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Cup of Christmas Cheer

Hello my friends!  Yes we are already in the middle of another week and it seems like we are blowing right through September in a hurry!  I have been enjoying this stunning weather over here for sure!
Fall is my favorite time of year...it's so great to be out and about! :)

This week will be all about "FREEBIES" for me!  You saw on my last post the last digital stamp I got for FREE for joining in the TSB reopening party, so I'll just continue with another FREE digital stamp that I picked up as long as I play in the challenge....
Is he not the cutest little penguin?!  I saw him over at the Imagine That!...digis by Kris challenge blog and saw that she was offering this cutie for FREE if you play along in the challenge!  (There is still time to get over there and grab it if you want to play along too!)  He was so much fun to color in!  Besides, I am a "sucker" for penguins, so I couldn't resist grabbing him up! :)
The name of the full digital stamp collection is called Penguin Cocoa in the store if you are interested in the entire set including digitally colored versions.

For my penguin, I wanted to use the traditional red and green colors for Christmas because of his little candy cane stir stick! :)  I added some glitter to the whip cream and chunky glitter for the snow he's sitting in.  I've also added some heated liquid applique to the pompoms on his hat.  I've also added my own polka dots to the cup and his cheeks with a white gel pen.  In the background behind the penguin, I stamped a snowflake and added some sparkle to that as well.

The sentiment is from a stamp in my stash and I used a ticket die cut to cut it out with and then punched an additional green ticket placed behind it.  It may be hard to see in the photo, but the striped red papers to the left of the penguin are glittery and so are the red brads on each side of him.  Then all I did was add some felt and shimmer snowflakes and lace to my design to finish it off.

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Imagine That!...digis by Kris challenge - FREE for All - Jump Back In
Sketch N Stash - Sketch (my neglected stash is the felt snowflakes, new is digi stamp)
The Pink Elephant (TPE218) - polka dots & stripes
Simon Says - anything goes

Hope you've enjoyed my cheery Christmas card today...another one to add to my pile as it gets closer and closer to Christmas! :)  As I've said, this is FREEBIE digital stamp week for me, so I'll have something else to share with you shortly as I'm working on it right now.
Thanks so much for dropping by today, I appreciate your visit!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

37 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Vicki! Love the papers and all the sparkle! Adorable image!

ribenaruby said...

Aaawwww, what a cute pingu! Love this design. Ruby x

Kris Breach said...

oh WOWIE Vicki!! I'm so LOVING this card *Ü* Your coloring is always so fabby and love all the layers as well! I'd love to FB this and share on my webstore page if you don't mind? :) Thanks for playing at Imagine That this month - hope to see you again!!
Hugs,
kris

Danni said...

So super cute and adorable!!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is SO cute! Love the added lace (reminds me of icicles) and your image is perfectly colored! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Berni Cuttino said...

Oh la la, so darn cute, fabulous design and composition, beautiful colors
Hugs

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Vicki this is so sweet. I love how you colored the image and all the pretty details and embellishments. Just wanted to stop by and say hello.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Oh Vicki.. your Penguin is so cute... fantastic coloration.. perfect styling.. I love it.

Hugs
Anja

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love it! ADORABLE penguin.

Donna x

Sue said...

Your card certainly made me smile Vicki! I adore penguins and this one is such a cutie. Your colouring is wonderful, I love the papers and fabulous sentiment too.
With my DT hat on - thank you for entering your wonderful card into the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Such a cute card! Love how the lace looks like icicles! Great personal touches too!

Wishcraft said...

Fab layout and papers, and a super cute image too! Gorgeous card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Amy Johnson said...

This is so sweet and cute!

aussie aNNie said...

Cocoa is in my freebie box too and wow after seeing your awesome card I am encouraged to get onto mine...love the glitter and gorgeous papers used too.xx

Patti J said...

He is too sweet, Vicki! I love cocoa! Hugs.....

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet penguin image and your fabulous coloring, perfect embellishments too!
Hugs, Tammy

Kimberly S said...

What an adorable image Vicki, and he is colored so perfectly. Loving the card layout, and the fabulous glitter! hugs, Kimberly

Davi said...

Vicki, I love this one! Such a beautiful Christmas card! The penguin is darling and colored perfectly, the dp is wonderful and love the layers and embellies, fabulous my friend :)

Elise said...

HI Vicki!!! Oooh my gosh, this is absolutely PRECIOUS & ADORABLE!!!! hehehe! Looove your colouring and the colors!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Merkku said...

Oh my god, this is such a gorgeous card!
This image is so cute.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash- challenge
Hugs Merkku

downrightcrafty said...

wow gorgeous card love the image the colouring the glitter so cute
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous cute card.
luv
Debby

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous image beautifully coloured and I love your felt snowflakes -what a great idea
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Awwww.he is just lovely Vicki..fantastic colouring and love the sparkle and papers and sentiment..gorgeous Christmas card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, gorgeous card. i love the image you used and your super papers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Asha said...

How can he not melt your heart!!! Too cute, my friend!
xxx Asha Sunny Summer Crafts

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty!!!! Your little penguin is adorable, Vicki, and I just love all the pretty colors, papers, and sparkle!!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so stinkin cute. I just love the little penguin and all the sparkle. Thanks for sharing the link to the challenge.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just too adorable for words! :)

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
what a adorable penguin ... love the how he is glittered! I love the traditional Christmas Colors!
hugs Regina

Patricia St Martin said...

So so so cute, Vicki. Wonderful Christmas card. Still in Texas my SIL is doing better today, they did not think the brain tumor was as big as it was, so going to take longer to get better and she has to go to rehub for several weeks.
Hugs, Pat

Jenn Zeeb said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Imagine That "September freebie challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

Imagine That DT
Jenn Zeeb

Chrissie said...

Just adorable Vicki and I love the colour combo and your beautiful lace.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
Chrissie xx

julieprice3 said...

Beautifully coloured and created, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki and such a fun, festive card...your colouring is perfect :) Donna ♥ x

Jennifer said...

Love all this frosty goodness! Wonderful penguin and I love how you added the ribbon!

nwilliams6 said...

This is precious! Great image and the sparkles on it are wonderful (you have some mad photography skills because most people - me included - can't capture them like this - wow). Awesome card my friend! Hugz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...