"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Commissioned Boy's Birthday Card

Hello my friends!  Wow, what  busy weekend I had!  I think pretty much EVERY single day was filled with something to do, but I sure enjoyed it and had FUN! :)  Those are the type of weekends that can really wear you out to the point you are ready for the weekday to get here! LOL!

Since I was not able to stamp much over my long holiday weekend, I did stamp up a few commissioned cards last week and I thought I would go ahead and share one of those with you today.
This card is for a young boy's birthday who enjoys playing video games, obviously!
This is an image that I have always loved from Mo's Digital Pencil called Video Boy.
It reminds me so much of my boys as they have always loved sitting in front of the TV playing their video games weather it's from Xbox, PS3 or the Wii...yep they went through it all! LOL!
All the boys...including my hubby child enjoys playing video games especially when it starts getting cold out.
I do love Mo Manning's style of images, she's got such a great selection of images to choose from and they're great for coloring in...getting addicted! :)

The sentiment at the bottom was computer generated by me and I even decorated the envelope you can see along the side where the card is sitting on top of.

And here's how I've decorated the inside of the card.  I thought that the paper looked to be similar to the pixels of a TV screen and seemed to fit well for a masculine theme.

I think I have a challenge or two I can enter this for:
Aud Sentiments - any sentiment
Mo's Digital Pencil - "Good-bye" Summer!
Dutch Dare - Birthday Wishes
Card Crafter's Circle - For the boys
Sentimental Sundays - Happy birthday + sentiment
ABC Challenges - Coloring with markers
Everybody Art - Happy Birthday
Addicted to Stamps - anything goes

So that's all to share with you for now, but I will be back soon with some more creations as I plan to relax and get some stamping done this week!  I will be around to check out what you've all been up to soon!  Thanks so much for stopping by today and for your kind comments about my last design!  I truly appreciate your taking the time to leave some love!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

41 comments:

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, the perfect guy card, just love Mo's images. Beautiful colors and awesome coloring.
Hugs

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, the perfect guy card, just love Mo's images. Beautiful colors and awesome coloring.
Hugs

Nicecrane Designs said...

I am alling in lovwe with your coloring Vicki,,,,,you are really talented my friend,,,,,,what a unique boy card

Ellen said...

I must get this image since! I struggle with teen boy cards! Love this Vicki, it's fabulous inside and out!!

Kimberly S said...

What a fabulous boy card Vicki! I love this image as well, it so perfect! hugs, Kimberly

Tammy said...

Perfect card for a young man, or an older man, young at heart! Fabulous colors and shading!

Davi said...

I love the image and your coloring of it is beautiful Vicki!! Fun dp to go with it too ;)

Amy Johnson said...

Such a fun (and realistic) boy's card!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That's such a fabulous boy's card! Totally love the sentiment you have done for it. So perfect for any boy.

Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, Vicki, how cute is this!!! It reminds me of my grandsons....such beautiful coloring and I love the paper you used in the background!!!!!

ribenaruby said...

Wonderful card for a boy Vicki, super image and lovely decorated inside! Ruby x

Teresa said...

I've always loved this image Vickik, it's so fitting for most the males of today, I love the inside of your card too, I agree about the pixels :)
Great card. hugs Teresa xx

downrightcrafty said...

great card
Hugs Kate xx

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Vicki and love your colouring just perfect for a boy.
Hugs Linda

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, these are great! Perfect BD cards! I love them both but love the sentiment on the second one - what fun is that! That is what birthdays are all about isn't it? Glad you had a wonderful weekend! Hugz!

Debbie said...

This is just stunning both inside and out. Perfect CAS card which are so hard to do...thanks for joining us at Mo's this week

Hugs
Debbie

Stef H said...

awwwwwwwwww! this is totally awesome!

i HATE not having a computer. i'm on my old one, which my computer guy "cleaned up" and now i cannot access my emails OR my banking. this totally SUCKS! anyway, i put my house on the market so i get to start cleaning out instead. not fun either - LOL. but i'm hanging in there.

hugs :)

Sue said...

Vicki, love this great card for a young man! My Grandson's birthday is coming up and I think I have to borrow that sentiment, because I am always saying, this isn't all about you!!! Love how you colored it up and the papers are perfect.

Hugs
Sue

Margreet said...

Pretty papers and fab colouring, Vicki. Sorry if I don't come around too much, because we are enjoying our trip in California!
Xxx Margreet

Donna said...

Brilliant male card Vicki, love the pixelated design papers and the fab image which has been perfectly coloured. Spot on for a teenagers birthday :) Donna ♥ x

Tammy said...

Oh, what a perfect boy card Vicki!! I love that image and it's colored beautifully, fabulous background paper too!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this would be a perfect image for my mid-teen grandson who dearly loves electronic games. Exquisite coloring, Vicki, and I love the simple design with that particular paper! Well done.

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Fantastic!!!! Your coloring that is what it is!!!! Super layout.
Hugs, Pat

Wishcraft said...

Love this image - I've got it but think I've only used it once... Perfect male card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Donna Mosley said...

Fab boys card Vicki, the image and design are gorgeous.

Donna x

Jennifer said...

This is just wonderful Vicki! I love how you bring your images alive! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Eulanda said...

Oh I just love this image!! Very few perfect boy/teen images out there. And nothing too fancy for those guys either so what a perfect card! Hugs!

sue morris said...

This is a perfect boy card Vicki!! Love it! Thank you so much for your kindness, friendship and support. *hugs*

Amy A said...

What a great card for a boy! Your coloring and design are epic! ;-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenges. 

Amy~DT

Danielle Vincent said...

This is one of my favorite boy images by Mo. You colored his hair just perfectly - looks almost real. Terrific inside too - love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is one of my favorite boy images by Mo. You colored his hair just perfectly - looks almost real. Terrific inside too - love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is one of my favorite boy images by Mo. You colored his hair just perfectly - looks almost real. Terrific inside too - love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

Nicole said...

Awesome colouring!! And a cool boycard. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

Elise said...

Hi Vicki! Way cool! Absolutely PERFECT for a guy!!! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

crafty-stamper said...

I love this image beautifully coloured I might add,and the paper is perfect so is the sentiment inside too
Carol x

julieprice3 said...

The perfect boys card, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Basement Stamper said...

fabulous boy card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable and your coloring and design are so perfect with him. This guy would fit really well in my house and if I change the hair color, he could belong to me, lol. Love it.

Regina said...

your boy-card is cool! The image is fun, make me smile!

Regina

Billie A said...

Great masculine card and reminds me of my grand son's LOL.. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our any sentiment challenge.

Billie A http://stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com/

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner to admire your gorgeous card that you entered in last week's ABC Challenges Coloring with Makers Challenge. I was called out of town unexpectedly. I am so happy you participated in the challenge and hope that you will participate in the ABC Challenges EVERY week!

Oh my goodness, what a fun card it is, too! Love that image - so playful! And your coloring is GREAT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...