"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, September 9, 2013

Commissioned Pretty in Pink Birthday Princess

Hello friends and welcome to another Monday!...I know, right?!
I am so ready for Fall as this weather is supposed to be crazy HOT this week!  I'm ready for a cool down and to see those gorgeous Fall colors!  So hopefully if I can survive another week of this...it will calm down?

On another note, I had such a great weekend!  I got to watch my son in his first college Cross Country meet and go out to eat with his girlfriend.  Hubby's oldest "baby" (my step-son) proposed and is now engaged!  Sat and watched some really good football games yesterday as well.  There is always something in life to be happy about!  I also managed to make some time to create another commissioned card!  What could be better?!
Is this just not totally precious or what?!  As always, it's so much better in person as you can see all of the shimmer and sparkle in such a brilliant way that you can't see in the photos!
I was asked to create a birthday card for a little baby who she called her "princess"...so I couldn't resist pulling out this adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil to color in!  This image is called Birthday Surprise Girl and this is my first time using darker skin tones.  I think she turned out so sweet! :)  I have so fallen in love with this artist's images!  Can't wait to color another!

The circle sentiment (shown above) and the crown on the envelope (shown below) both come from a set from The Cutting Cafe.  I had a heart and brad accent in my stash to add to the middle of the circle sentiment as thought it matched the little pink heart in her hair.  I've also added a pink "burst" image randomly stamped on the design from an image in my stash.  I think it's Memory Box.

And here's what the inside of the card looks like.  The sentiment was computer generated by me.  (Thought this would work with the princess theme nicely.)  Stamped more of the "burst" image inside and added a matching strip of cupcake paper.

And here's a better close-up of the coloring details on the image.  As you can see, added some glitter to the huge balloon she's trying to pop.  I've also colored in her crown with Copics and then went over it again with my gold glitter pen and added some rhinestones to the top of her crown.

And here you can see both of the card and envelopbox that I created together.
This is my first time making a matching envelopbox to go with my card and I have to say that I really thought it was going to be something really complicated, but it wasn't too bad.  It's not as evenly put together as I'd like to be, but I'll need to practice a bit more to perfect it.  I've attached a punched out circle design with a crown and more rhinestones added to it.  There is Velcro underneath the circle so that someone can continually open and close the envelope to store it if they wish.  What I like is the dimension to the box so that the flowers, ribbon and accents on the card do not get squished.  Nothing I would hate more than for someone to open up a squished flower accent on their card! LOL!

I would like to add this creation to the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - flipped sketch up-side-down

Cute Card Thursday - Pretty in Pink
Mo's Digital Pencil (DP2) - anything goes (W/a Mo's image)
Totally Gorjuss - anything goes
Card Makin Mamas (CMM74) - For the Kids

So that's all for me today!  I will have some more fabulous news coming soon!  So I hope that you will stop back by again!  There's always so much to do and never enough time to share everything that I'd like to with you all!  Thanks so much for being great blog friends!! :)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

49 comments:

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, she is so darn cute, lovin the pink, my fave and the glitter on the balloon. sweet card.
Hugs

Danni said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just the cutest! I absolutely LOVE it!! I really like all the sparkle too...what a simply fabulous card!

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a perfect weekend! Congratulations to your son on his engagement!
This card is so beautiful! Love all the pretty pink and your colouring of this image is perfect!
Debxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow! I love pink- but this card is fabulous in every way! Love the shimmer : ) A great weekend for you as well- bet you have a HUGE smile on your face : )

heidy said...

Oh Vicki this is so cute!!
XXX Heidy

Cyndi said...

So adorable! Love that image and your coloring!

Sue said...

OMG, Vicki, this is darling. Beautiful color work and that image is awesome. Love all the sparkle and the princess theme.

Hugs
Sue

Heide said...

Such a beautiful birthday image. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Donna Mosley said...

OMG! Vicki, this is so adorable hun. Love your wonderful colouring.

Donna x

downrightcrafty said...

was hopping over to say thank you for the lovely comment on my tutorial video, however wow wow wow wow was stopped in my tracks this is stunning absolutely gorgeous love the colouring the skin tone the glittery balloon and that is all before I got to the card, what an eye catcher awesome
Hugs Kate xx

Kimberly S said...

What a pretty card and matching envelope Vicki! Such a sweet image, and your coloring (as always) is perfection! Congrats on your oldest's engagement, and for a fun time at your son's meet. What a busy weekend you've had! hugs, Kimberly

Kathie said...

Oh Vicki wow life has been busy for you this week and your going to have an addition to the family a daughter in law congratulations. Your card is stunning totally stunning. I just love the darker skin tone for a change and the pink with it is perfect. Love your colours, DP's and added embellishments. That glitter balloon is so lovely. This is a wonderful card and so pretty. I love your card box this is a really good idea. I made one not so long ago and didn't turn out as well as yours. I think that the instructions were up the wop for sizing. Could I please have a copy of your instructions or sizing as yours is so much better? I would really appreciate it. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous set Vicky!! I just love all the pink, your coloring and the added sparkle!!
hugs,
Chris

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Vicki. Such an adorable coloured so beautifully. I love your pretty embellishments and wonderful envelopbox to match.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

It absolutely is precious! Love your card and the sweet glittery balloon! Great job!

Pat (mspfd) said...

So precious and absolutely gorgeous. You really worked the magic on this one Vicki!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such an adorable birthday card. I love the sparkly balloon and the heart you used on the sentiment. Soo cute.

Patti J said...

Oh, how pretty, Vicki! You have done a wonderful job of coloring this little sweetie!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

mulberry station said...

Wow, you just have to love Mo's images. The are so beautiful and especially when the are colored so well. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Jennifer said...

SO very sweet! All kids just love balloons and this sparkly one would be such a delight! Very sweet flowers and bow!

Asha said...

Oh wow! This is just toooo precious. Love how you've carried through the princess theme to the inside an to the envelobox. And all that sparkle! This will be a sure hit with the princess.
Thank you so much for your visits and comments during my hols. Greatly appreciated, my friend!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Céline said...

So pretty, love this gorgeous set.
Hugs
Céline

Elise said...

Awwww! This is absolutely DARLING and so very BEAUTIFUL! Looove the colors and all the sparkles! Congrats on your son's engagement! .. they grow up so quick don't they? :( sigh ....

Big Hugs,
Elise

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Vicki!! I love the colours and the image is adorable. Fab colouring and the sparking is perfect. I also like the matching envelop box.
hugs, Marlies

PS I thought you were on a blog break or so as I havent seen any of your new posts. I just found out that I'm following your blog with google friends connect and you haven't got that anymore.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous image and bow,love all the pink and I love that big sparkly squashy balloon
Carol x

Joan Ervin said...

First, I want to send a big Congrats to your son...how exciting to have a wedding in your future!!! Your card is gorgeous, Vicki...you have colored the skin tones beautifully and I love all the pretty pink details!!!!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a cute image and pretty card. So happy things are going well for you.

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Vicki! I love the sweet image and all the sparkle! Definitely fit for a princess!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous and cute...fab colours and image is sweet with all the sparkles and shine. x

ribenaruby said...

Fab post to read Vicki, your box and card are superb with a great image, love all the sparkly touches! Ruby x

Basement Stamper said...

such a great girly card, that glittery balloon is just absolutely perfect!!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is stunning, your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!! Such a sweet image and I love that sparkly balloon!!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Linda Anderson said...

This card is nothing but sweetness. Such a darling image, colored so masterfully too. Love your flower embellies also. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card vicki..love the cute image and brilliant colouring and sparkle.Great job on your envelope box too..sounds like a perfect weekend to me..

luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

have had so many lovely comments on the flowers and they are all going to be spritzing them lol
Hugs Kate xx

Tracy said...

Wow Vicki! This is spectacular. You did an awesome coloring job on the image and that glittery balloon looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

Holly Gwilliams said...

Perfect girly card. Love it.

Thank you for playing along at SSW this week.

Holly
xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Awww! This is sooooo adorable, love the cute image and your fab colouring, the layout is gorgeous and the embossing looks fab
Lindsay xx

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, this is just the most precious card! Your coloring is just the best and the details are lovely!!! The sparkly balloon is beautiful! This is the prettiest card and I really love it. Congrats to your sons on sports and engagement. Hugz!!!!

Jeannie said...

This could not be any sweeter! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
such a pretty card and I love the glitter on the huge balloon and the cute princess is just adorable and you coloured her so beautifully!
sending big hugs
Regina

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful image and what a perfect beautiful coloring and glittering.
Great lovingly crafted card.
Big hugs Anja

Patricia St Martin said...

So adorable, darling image, love all the balloons with all that amazing glitter. Super coloring.
Hugs, Pat

NanaConnie said...

Love the big, sparkly balloon, Vicki! Great take on the sketch. Incredible coloring, too. That ribbon is just beautiful. I love sheer ribbons with satin edges. They always look so 'fancy.'

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh she is so adorable, your skin tones are fabulous! Love the coloring and the colors you used. That balloon is so great, I love the dp and the flower treatment as well. Very nice. They are going to love this one.

Dawn Frost said...

Oh Vicki she is gorgeous! I love all the glitter and her crown is so cute!

Ellen said...

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! How exciting!! Love your card! The coloring, glitter and beautiful flowers makes for a gorgeous design!
hugs
Ellen

julieprice3 said...

What a cutie, just beautiful
Hugs Julie P

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the pretty detail and the sparkle and well done on the matching box I can never get them quite right :) Donna ♥ x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...