Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Commissioned Wedding Lighthouse

Yay!  Friday is finally here my friends!  Going to a Cross Country college run this afternoon and hopefully I will be able to spend some time in my stamp room this weekend!
I need to play with some of my new pretties! :)

Wanted to share a creation I made for someone who wanted a wedding card, but this one was a different design because the couple is getting married next to a lighthouse which I thought was unique and I wanted the card to be uniquely the same, so here's what I came up with...
I really love how this one turned out!  I gave it a bit of rustic look with the embossed background using some of the Core'dinations paper and then sanded it up a bit.
I've not colored in a lighthouse before, but I really like this image!  This image is From the Heart Digital Art Stamps.  Never heard of them before, but they look like they have some really cute images there.  I colored it in and then cut the frame out around it.  I added some sparkle and then used some chalk to make the light soft glow around the light.  I thought the rustic look would work with this design even though it was for a wedding.  The customer seemed to be really happy with it, so that's all that mattered to me! :)

And here's what I put on the inside of the card.  This sentiment actually came with the image which I thought was fantastic and went perfectly with what I was looking for!  The "congratulations" was stamped underneath by me from a stamp in my stash along with the flourish image.

Here's a few challenges to enter this for:
Totally Gorjuss - texture
Pile It On - All That Flickers
Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes
Divas by Design - Water Themed

I will be back again soon as the very NEXT thing I'm posting is going to be a tutorial on the fancy fold design card I made a while back that I know some of you said you were wanting to learn how to make! :)
Thanks for stopping in with me today!  Hope you found some inspiration and smiles!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

31 comments:

Danni said...

So pretty! You did a fab job on this!

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! i love lighthouses and what a wonderful wedding that will be i'm sure!

i used to go out to Montauk Point, L.I. often just to walk the rocks and sit and the lighthouse!

i was on WINDOWS XP because everything else scared me. as much as WINDOWS 8 looks like fun, i hear alot of people aren't liking it. like anything else i guess... have to get used to it. right now... i'm loving WINDOWS 7. where have i been? LOL.

have a great weekend.

Deb said...

Totally gorgeous and what a unique wedding card, I am sure they will appreciate that it was custom made for them!
Have a great weekend, Debxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love the lighthouse image and the little bits of sparkle you've added.

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is gorgeous! I love that beautiful lighthouse image and your fabulous distressing!! What a wonderful sentiment too!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- love the lighthouse- love your colors- the sanded earthy BG is fab- love the pretty bow! How nice to make a card that is so personal for the newlyweds!!!

Linda . J said...

Wow Vicky love your colouring on this one and the distressing makes it perfect.Like how you did the background paper.
Hugs Linda

Tammy said...

Lovely idea for a wedding card, definitely unique! Beautiful card!

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful wedding card Vicki, how fascinating to be married next to a lighthouse! Have a super weekend friend. Ruby x

Jennifer said...

This is just beautiful Vicki! I love the lighthouse and all the sanding and tearing you've done! Wonderful sentiment inside!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I so love this lighthouse card - fabulous look with the rustic background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Berni Cuttino said...

So beautiful, loving the design, texture and coloring, awesome card. I am sure they will treasure it forever.
Hugs

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, unique wedding card. The happy couple will really love this gorgeous creation.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh that is a fabulous custom card for the wedding couple! They are going to treasure this forever. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Davi said...

Truly Beautiful Vicki!! I love the woodgrain look you created and it look so beautiful with the pretty lighthouse image. A Wonderful wedding card, Im sure the couple will LOVE it my friend :) Have a great weekend!

Regina said...

Oh! What a pretty card!
I love the rustical style in the background! Your coloring is fantastic
It must just wonderful to be married in a lighthouse!
Vicki, I'm sure your friends appreciated this beautiful card!
wish you a wonderful weekend and sending big hugs - Regina

downrightcrafty said...

love the texture on this with those sanded papers and ripped ones too, a gorgeous card
Hugs Kate xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a lovely, personalized wedding card!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Vicki, and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing :)

Donna said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I love the image and your fab coluring. The embossing is so striking and the wording inside is perfect for the occasion :) Donna ♥ x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Stunning card Vicki, such a beautiful image and I love the wording.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia St Martin said...

So beautiful Vicki, love the scene. Those words are so beautiful. Love the embossed background and how you sanded it. Just the right touches.
Hugs, Pat

Ellen said...

Vicki this is perfect for the occasion! Love the texture and the gorgeous image! They will love it!
Hugs
Ellen

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant personal card love the rustic background and torn paper,great image and love the bow
Carol x

Mary Lou said...

WOW!!! I love this card!!! Gorgeous!!
Hugs

Danielle Vincent said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the woodgrain background. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Kimberly S said...

Wow Vicki! This is absolutely gorgeous! What a pretty image, and I love what you did with the background! :)

monikaskinner said...

Hi Vicki. Fabulous card for such a special occasion. Love your soft colours and the white bow, just perfect. Thanks for joining the fun at ATS&M. Good Luck! Monika

Asha said...

Wow! This really is an elegant card. Love the torn paper matt and your colouring is fab - as always!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image, Vicki, and you have matched the paper colors perfectly with your beautiful coloring!!! Thanks for the tutorial, too...that's a great fancy fold design!!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So stunning and elegant, love the gorgeous woodgrain background effect
Lindsay xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...