"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Graffiti Alley Cat

Hello my lovely friends!  Hope you are enjoying your week.
Today I have something different and fun to share with you...

I happened to catch this on the Little Miss Muffet blog and I went to check it out and thought it was a really COOL release! :)  These are not my "normal" cute style of design, but I have always loved the Make it Crafty images...(yes, I have a few in my collection! LOL!) and I just recently found the Little Miss Muffet stamps and just HAD to join in...especially when FREEBIES are offered! :)

So, what I have done is combine a couple of the images together to create this
I really enjoyed taking the different images and combining them together to make this scene.
So what I did was take the Urban style street scene FREEBIE offered up by Make it Crafty and then I took the Graffiti LM-2 FREEBIE digital stamp (PNG file) and scaled it to fit on the wall.  I did the same with the Feline Sleeping digital stamp (PNG file) that was offered up as a FREEBIE a little bit ago from Little Miss Muffet.  After I moved the images around and scaled it all to the size I wanted, I just printed it out as one image from my computer and colored it all in.  I'm not that familiar on coloring those Graffiti images, but I think I need to do another one of these to experiment a bit more with it. (I got an additional FREEBIE for joining the party that I have not used yet...so be watching for another soon.)  I did splattered a couple of markers over the wall for a "messy" paint effect.  LOL

I ripped the image out and then ripped a colored card stock to match the color in the graffiti image.  Then I layered it on top of a gray card panel that was stamped with a brick background image I had inked with white ink.  Because of this colorful image, I really didn't want to do too much else with it, so I just made it really CAS style...maybe not "clean", but more of just SIMPLE.

So if this looks intriguing to you too, then stop by the party and join in...there's plenty of time!

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Graffiti Party - use at least one digital image from FREEBIE party pack
Tuesday Throwdown - CAS
Addicted to Stamps & More - Addicted to CAS

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!  I'll see you all again soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

25 comments:

Asha said...

I'm speechless, Vicki! This is a work of art...LOVE the graffitti acton you've got going on! Just brilliant!
Beautiful card. Love the shape and colours.
xxx Asha Sunny Summer Crafts

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, isn't this cute...you have created such a darling scene, Vicki!!!! Your coloring is beautiful, too, and I love the brick wall in the background!!!!

Carla S. said...

What a fantastic scene you created, Vicki! Great coloring! So glad you shared this for the Graffiti Party challenge!

aussie aNNie said...

Extremely awesome...glad you joined in using the freebies, I sure had fun with them...nice to get away from the pretties sometimes.xxx

Danni said...

You did a fab job!! I like the ripped paper effect!! Awesome!

Sue said...

This is wonderful Vicki, such a fun way to combine those images. Your colouring is fabulous and I love the ripped edges with the stamped brick wall background.
hugs Sue xx

Jennifer Scull said...

so clever the way you put all of these fun images together into one card! :)

Wishcraft said...

FAB hun! Love the scene you've created, great card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

very unusual but fabulous love those torn edges and the super image a great design
Hugs Kate xx

Margaret said...

So cute. Kitty is lucky she didn't end up a different color. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Deb said...

Oh wow, that is fabulous, love the image!
Debxx

Tammy said...

Just love it! All the images look like they were made for each other! Fabulous card and I love the way you used the torn paper on the background!

Kimberly S said...

What a fun little scene you've created Vicki! Love the sleeping cat in the midst of it all...so cute! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge too! hugs, Kimberly

Regina said...

Vicki, what an awesome stamping scene! You're so creative!
sending hugs Regina

Céline said...

love this card, fun idea
hugs
céline

Teresa said...

What a fabulous card Vicki, I love the image and it's perfectly coloured.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
hugs Teresa x

julieprice3 said...

Love these background stamps, nice work
Hugs Julie P

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!! Vicki, love the scene and all the images. Great job with the background.
Hugs, Pat

Donna said...

Totally amaazing design Vicki and brilliant the way you ahve merged the images...fab colouring too! :) Donna ♥ x

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant love all the freebies and layout great colours and love the splatters
Carol x

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful Vicki, I haven't used my freebie yet, no time! I love what you did.

Jennifer said...

I love how you combined all the elements to make this scene fuse together! Great tearing and distressed frame!

Eulanda said...

This is absolutely so cool!!!

Berni Cuttino said...

Lovin this feline. I wish I could do that sometimes, just curl up and relax. Sinking cute image and fantastic layout.
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

I love this image! Your coloring is perfect of course too. Fun card. Sorry I am running behind on comments - I was sick this weekend and barely got on the computer much. Glad I stopped by this morning as I love your card! Hugz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...