"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, September 20, 2013

Flashback Friday

Hello friends!  The weekend is here! Yay!  Good thing for me as I have so many things that I've got to get done!  So it's a good thing that I'm having these "Flashback Friday"  posts on my blog! LOL!!

Just a reminder that these "Flashback Friday" posts are previously made creations that I had on my old blog and I've re-taken a photo of the design to share again.  (Obviously the creations that may have been on my old blog may no longer be available for me to photograph as they've either been sold or used by me.)
If there was a creation that you remember being on my old blog and would like to see it here, just send me a note and let me know and I'll see if I can find if it's still available to photograph! :)

Here is a fun friendship Magnolia Diamond Fold Card for you today...
This has got to be one of my FAVE Magnolia stamps that I have...YES...I still have this one! :)
This was one of my fave designs not just because of the spring-fold style, but I absolutely love the colors on this one.  I also found a fun way to use one of my doilies!  So I remember creating this one.
Hopefully, you can see the liquid pearls that I put on the scallop circle.  The friendship tag in the corner was given to me when I was on the Whimsy Stamps DT.  It's a gorgeous stamp!  The ribbon bow that you see is actually what is holding this whole thing together.

And when you untie the ribbon, it starts to unfold even more and the middle of the design sort of "springs up". The name of the technique is called Diamond Fold Card!
Speaking of which, if you would like to know how to make one of these for yourself, you can check out the tutorial for it at Splitcoast Stampers by CLICKING HERE.

Here's another photo of it while it is laying flat on a surface.  You an see that the middle of the design still pops up and makes for a really stunning dimension to your card!

I have created a matching envelope with this.  A person can write a personal message inside or on the back of the card design for their recipient.  I've used a larger sized envelope for this so that it will fit in there nicely with all of the flowers added to it.  The finished design of this if you go by the tutorial is 4" square when folded shut.

This little cuteness will be going into my card rack for the Scenic Drive, so if you fancy picking up this card, be looking for it on the card rack at my mom's "Friend 2 Friend" tole painting booth. :)
If it's still available after the craft show, I will pop this into my Etsy Shop!
(Please note that I do not have very many of my creations in the Etsy Shop right now because I'm waiting until after the Fall craft shows to add some more...so be watching!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you've enjoyed my "Flashback"!
Enjoy your weekend!!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stamp and so love your DF card...one i have not made for ages...looks awesome. Have a great weekend.xx

Stef H said...

wow! i'll leave the hard stuff to you. this is gorgeous!

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Ardilla said...

This is beautiful, love the fold in the card and the stamp is gorgeous!
Have a great weekend!!!
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Danni said...

So sweet and pretty and what a neat fold!

MiamiKel said...

OH my goodness gracious, tutorial!! This is amazingly fun and sweet! I don't think I could make this fold if I had 3 extra arms, LOL! It's STUNNING, elegant and I love her pensive little look - marvelous, my friend!

Carla S. said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Vicki! Love that unique fold and all the beautiful details! Sweet image, wonderfully colored! Enjoy your weekend!

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable and I love, love the colors you used! Fabulous card!

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic fancy fold, Vicki! Love the colors, of course, and that sheer ribbon is the perfect "closing" touch (sorry, couldn't resist!) You do such incredible things with sheer ribbon and I admit to a bit of envy about it. :-D

Dawn Frost said...

Oh wow Vicki. Love the colouring, folds but the flowers, again Wow!

Davi said...

Zowie this is fabulous Vicki!! Love the colors, shaper and the way you sat her makes her looks SO real! Beautiful :)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Regina said...

Vicki, this is simply marvelous! I'm fascinated with this type of card and you did a fantastic job with it!

wish you a wonderful weekend and
sending big hugs
Regina

Céline said...

really pretty, love the colors and design
hugs
céline

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh goodness this is amazing. What a fabulous fold and gorgeous desidn!

julieprice3 said...

She's gorgeous, love that fold, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Kimberly S said...

She's such a cutie Vicki! Love that fold, so fun, and that shimmery ribbon is so pretty! :) hugs, Kimberly

Donna said...

Stunning card and design Vicki and so prety in pink. Your detail is amazing :) Donna ♥ x

Tammy said...

Stunning creation Vicki! Such a sweet image and I love the gorgeous colors and design! I'm your newest follower too! :)
Hugs, Tammy

Jennifer said...

What a darling folded card! I've never seen one quite like this. I just love how you've coloured her and the doilies and flowers are so pretty! Love the tag you've created to, wonderful stamp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...