"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, September 15, 2013

I'm an Addict! Yay!

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a great weekend!
I have been fighting a cold with a fever this last week and trying to knock it down with cold medicine.  It's starting to go away, but very slowly.  At least it's not as bad as it was.

As my previous post mentioned, I had told you that I have some really exciting news to share with you!
I was so thrilled and couldn't wait to share that I had been picked to be on the design team for:

Yay!  I thought what could be more fitting for me than this?!  I am certainly "addicted to stamps" and I love to play in challenges, so I am very honored to be on this team along with some other very talented ladies!
Please be on the look-out for new challenges every-other Sunday and be sure to check out the blog for what my other fabulously talented DT friends have shared too! :)
(There are two teams:  Team "A" (I'm on this one) and Team "B")

This Sunday's challenge is to use the 1-2-3 recipe...use anything you want for the 1-2-3, but just tell us what your 1 of something, 2 of something and 3 of something is when you post.
Here's the creation I made for the challenge:
I was such a lucky duck as I won this darling Elisabeth Bell digital stamp called Sweet Surprises for joining in their blog hop last month!  So of course I couldn't wait to print her out to color!  The "Happy Birthday" vertical sentiment was stamped next to the image.  It's from DRS Designs.
*For my 1-2-3 recipe, I've used 1 charm- 2 pearls - and 3 butterfly die cuts.*
Of course the colors look so much better in real life and mix together so much better than is shown in this photo, but I've distressed all the edges of papers and added some paint and loose glitter to the flowers.
I've added the charm to the flowers by chaining it together with jump rings.  (The charm says "wish")
Here's a better close-up of my coloring details.  It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the ice cream has glitter over it and the chocolate syrup and cherry have been covered with some crystal effects.
I think it gives it the appearance of melting ice cream! :)
So I suppose this is my one last "Farewell to Summer" creation as it's time to start thinking of Fall!
The weather has certainly been feeling like Fall the last few days, but I didn't want to leave Summer without sharing this darling image with you.

So here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Elisabeth Bell's World - Sizzling Summer Days
Craft Your Passion - Glitter & Gloss (used both on ice cream cone)
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC69) - Have a Sentiment on the Front
Papertake Weekly - Child's Play
Deep Ocean - Goodbye Summer
Fab 'n' Funky - Sweet Treats
Creative Knockouts - 1 image, 1 sentiment, 2 design papers, 3 embellishments
Paper Crafting Journey - Flowers!
Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark (colored with Copic markers)
Daring Cardmakers - Signature Style (flowers, ribbon, glitter, cute images to color in)

So I think that's all for me today my friends!  It looks like another gorgeous day and I have some family coming over for a gathering and it's football game day as well...so I'll be busy with that, but I look forward to visiting you all later!  Thanks so much for dropping in today!

*Don't forget to join in the challenge and see the inspiration at the Addicted to Stamps Challenge!*

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

55 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable card Vicki and so pretty in pink. Congrats on your new DT position, very well deserved and I hope you feel better soon :) Donna ♥ x

Danni said...

Congrats on the DT! I haven't heard of this challenge before so I'll have to check it out!
Your card is just darling! So sweet!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers! Stunning coloring of this adorable image. Your design and embellishments are gorgeous. Feel better!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers! Stunning coloring of this adorable image. Your design and embellishments are gorgeous. Feel better!

Kjersti said...

You have made a gorgeous card Vicki, beautiful image and lovely coloring!
Have a nice week!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Deb said...

Yay! Huge congratulations on your new DT position, so thrilled for you. Your card is so beautiful!
Hope you are feeling better soon. I had that cold the other week, it was a good week before I felt back to normal.
Hope you have a lovely weekend, with plenty of rest to help you recuperate!
Debxx

RitaK said...

Oh, what a beautiful card Vicki, I immediately long back for summer when I see it :-) I am happy to be in the ATSC DT with you ;-) Hugs Rita

Tammy said...

WooHoo Vicki, congrats on your new DT spot!! Gorgeous first card, I love that image and it's colored beautifully, beautiful flowers too!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Congrats on the new DT- they are lucky to have you!!! LOVE your card- the image is sweet- your coloring sweeter- love the floral accent and the yummy gloss on the ice cream : )

Jennifer said...

First congratulations on your new DT position! Second, what a fabulous card! I love the wonderful relaxed way she's enjoying her day and the beautiful flowers and distressing!

Nicki Olsen said...

Wowzer Vicki!! I love the colors, image, and the dp you used together!! The flowers make it really stand out too.
Congratulations on becoming a dt member at Addicted to Stamps challenge!! I recently added my card to their challenge and that is so cool!!
Hugs,
Nicki

sandie said...

Congrats on your DT post, you deserve it and this is one stunning card! I love the colouring and how she is dropping her ice cream with sparkes on it!! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Nicole said...

WOW, your card is sooooo gorgeous and It's so great to have you on our team at ATSC! Hugs, Nicole

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Vicki! Such a sweet digi and fab colouring! I'm glad you joined us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Kimberly S said...

Congratulations on the new DT position Vicki, I'll have to stop by and visit the blog! Awww...what a beautiful Birthday card! The image is so sweet with her little ice cream cone, and I love the little butterflies you've added! :) hugs, Kimberly

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, your card is stunning! Gorgeous colouring and details, very lovely. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

sue morris said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! So sorry you've been sick! I'm glad to hear your finally kicking it but, I'm sure it's taken it's toll. *hugs*

Patti J said...

Congrats on your new DT spot - they are so lucky to have you! Your card is just precious. Your coloring is perfection, as always, and you have such a way with bringing all the pieces together! Feel better soon, dear girl :)

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! I love the idea of jump rings for the charm. I have to use that one myself. Congratulations and I'll be seeing you around Addicted to Stamps challenges. :-D

Tammy said...

Goodness, what a beautiful card and image! Your coloring is perfect and so is the background!

Berni Cuttino said...

OMG, this is so adorable and pretty in pink. Must have those flowers, so beautiful. Fabulous image and delightful design. Congrats on your exciting news. You are one talented gal and they are blessed to have you.
Hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

Yay, congrats!! Your card is gorgeous. I love that image. So cute.

alethea said...

This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at CYP, EBW and PCJ! HUgsxx

Amy Johnson said...

Pretty card! Congrats on your new dt!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Yeah! Congrat's on your new DT position. Love this sweet image and the fabulous card design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Angelique said...

Gorgeous. Great lo, beautiful flower. Love the gorgeous coloured image.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

ribenaruby said...

Adorable image Vicki! Fab news on the dt, hope you feel better soon friend. Ruby x

Nicole N. (Nicole's Craft Nook) said...

Very sweet card and I love the added charm!! :) :) :)
Thanks for joining us @ Loves Rubberstamps for the sentiment challenge!!
:) :) :) ~~Nicole~~

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Curt in Indy said...

Congrats Vicki! They certainly made a wise choice and they obviously have good taste in designers! The card you made for the challenge certainly proves it. Your detail is amazing and so is your coloring. It was so good to see that you stopped by my blog. It was nice to "see" you again. Hope you are feeling better as of this comment. Hugs, Curt

Rach83 said...

Love the fresh colour palette and fab image. I think she had better hurry before her ice cream melts! Great layout too.

Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Céline said...

so pretty Vicki! love the colors and gorgeous embellies
hugs
céline

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so sorry you are feeling under the weather Vicki!! Your card is gorgeous!! I so love your coloring of that adorable image!! Congrats on the dt!!! :)
hugs,
Chris

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your new DT post -beautiful card and image and love the effect of the melting ice-cream and love the little charm-hope your feeling better
Carol x

Sol said...

Beautiful Card.. Fantastic Coloring!! Love those distressed edges.. And Beautiful Background!..

I Can´t find out how to follow your blog.. I can´t find the correct button.. -Not to good with this!
How do I make you show up on my blogroll?

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Vicky. Love the image and your fab colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K xx

Olivia said...

Love your shading and coloring on this one.A lovely card. Thanks for joining us Loves Rubberstamps

Eulanda said...

Awwww how adorable!! Love the layout too!! Hugs!

Joan Ervin said...

What a precious image, Vicki, and your coloring is beautiful!!!! Love all the pretty details you added, too!!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki, this is just gorgeous, love that stamp,beautiful clump of flowers and the DP is lovely. I think I bought that image recently got to look, awesome colours and this is going to be a fab challenge...great card. luv aNNie

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just soooo beautiful and pretty. Your colouring is amazing. Hope you feel much better soon xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sue said...

Big congrats on your new DT place Vicki.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute image and beautiful detailing.
I hope you are feeling better soon
hugs Sue xx

nwilliams6 said...

Wow Vicki! Your coloring on this is absolutely beautiful! Lovely image and gorgeous flowers. A very special creation. Congrats on the DT - they are so lucky to have you and I can't wait to see what you create for them. Hope you feel better soon! Hugz!

Asha said...

Oh WOW!!!! Expertly executed, my friend. Well done!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Asha said...

PS ... and congrats on your DT appointment. Well deserved honour, Vicki.
hugs,

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Congratulations on your new dt! Stunning card, love the sweet image and the papers and distressed edges look beautiful
Lindsay xx

Carla S. said...

Congratulations, Vicki! They are lucky to have you! Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous creations there! This card is beautiful! I love the sweet image and you've colored it wonderfully! Great design!

Wishcraft said...

Fab card hun, so pretty! Congrats on your new DT :o) Hugs, Lisa x

julieprice3 said...

She's so pretty, beautifully done
Hugs julie P

lynne said...

Hi Vicki,
Congrats on being a "Addict!"
Your card is gorgeous as always!
Thannks for joining in at EBW!!
Hope your keeping well!
Hugs
Lynne x

Ellen said...

Adorable card! The ice cream looks scrumptious! Your coloring skills are really amazing! Congrats on the new dt spot!
Hugs
Ellen

Regina said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you are feel better.
that's a fantastic news! Congrats! It's no wonder, your creations are ALWAYS amazing!
What a sweet image, such gorgeous colouring and details, too!!!

hugs Regina

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous I love the design and your colours, thank you for joining us at Elisabeth Bell's world challenge this month, hugs Pops x

nwilliams6 said...

Congrats to you and them! Wonderful coloring and just beautiful embellishments! Love it and I know you will do a wonderful job on the DT! Hugz - lots of them!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Vicki~~First off I hope you are feeling better and secondly congrats on your DT position...They are lucky to have you!!! Thirdly congrats on winning EB Digi last month and WOW your card is wonderful~~I want to lick that ice cream cone.....Lucious looking :)
Thanks for joining us at EBWorld--best of luck!!
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...