"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Party Time!

Hello friends and a happy weekend to ya!
As mentioned in my last posting, I said that I was going to the reopening party for
The Stamping Boutique on Facebook

I don't know for sure who all was there, but I had SO MUCH fun and I got to spend some time in my craft room today to work on a couple of the challenges! Yay!  If you would still like to join in the fun with them, I'm sure there is still time to play if you'd like to check it out!

Here's my first creation for challenge 1:
Now that's called "party time" in glitz, glamour and style! :)  I thought this would be the perfect way to use this adorable Princess Jennifer Latte Birthday digital stamp from The Stamping Boutique!
(If you play along with the challenges on The Stamping Boutique Facebook between now and tomorrow morning... you can get this digital stamp for FREE!!  So if you'd like to go grab her, come play along!)
That was the only thing we had to do for this first challenge, just use this free digi!
I thought that since she was a "princess", she needed some glitter and glitz on her, so I used my gold glitter pen and colored the table stand that the cake is sitting on along with what appears to be a crown on her head.  I added a strip of gold glimmer paper and for the brad... I did not have a gold glimmer brad, so I took a regular brad and covered the head of it with some gold stickles and let it dry..viola!  gold glimmer brad!

And I couldn't let this one go without including it with some other challenges:
The Stamping Boutique - so soft and pretty color combo (see photo below)

Sketch Saturday -sketch (I flipped it)

Papertake Weekly - Make it Sparkle
Sweet Stampin' - glamour & glitz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And of course there was more than just one challenge during the party!
So here's my take for Challenge #3 I believe it is....
This one is quite a bit different from the top card!
Challenge 3 is supposed to be an "Alphabet" type of challenge and we were to use:  a Border, a Circle, a Stamping Boutique Digital stamp and an Embellishment. (I think I've got it all here.)

This cute little guy sitting up top my ribbon and border is called AJ Sitting from The Stamping Boutique.
I have also used the Recipe Card with Tab on Right digital stamp and then stamped a "thank you" sentiment in the tab area. (The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!)  I've also taken a "You're sweet!" circle sentiment to use right below the "thank you" and attached a flower in the middle of it.  (Not sure where that image came from.)  So I was trying to make a fun little scene for AJ here. :)

I needed a thank you card and this worked out great for it.  The background papers I've had in my stash for quite some time and the colors are red and blue for a kitchen type theme.  So this card has already been sent!

I have a couple of challenges for this one as well:
The Cutie Pie Challenge - A Cute One for the Boys
Shopping Our Stash (SOS119) - Oldest Flower Embellishment (from first bottle I bought!)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Cute Kids
Eclectic Ellapu - For a Boy

So I hope you've enjoyed my creations today!  I still have a couple more that I'd like to do for the challenges to finish them up, so hopefully I'll get them done in time tomorrow before it ends and post them when I'm done.
Thanks so much for dropping in!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

49 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness Vicki these are Gorgeous!! I love em!!
Thanks so very much for playing along with us at our Re-opening at TSB!

aussie aNNie said...

These are just gorgeous cards, good on you and hope you win a challenge or two...awesome images and colours.xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, these are wonderful cards. I adore that party one - what a fun image and really great sentiment and you dressed it up wonderfully. The second card is darn cute! Well done! Hugz!

Berni Cuttino said...

OMG girl you have been busy and I have been very sick, and working on the road to recovery. These beauties are gorgeous with fabulous design and composition, nicely done.
Hugs

Asha said...

Two stunning cards, Vikki! Both images are so beautifully coloured - flawless!
Who's been a busy girl, eh?! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, my friend!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

CraftyGirl said...

Love them both! It was nice to see you at the party the other night. Great job on the cards. I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

Margreet said...

Awesome cards, Vicki...great colouring and I love the way you altered the brad!
xxx Margreet

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are both fabulous makes, I love the embossing and the colours on the first one, it has a very stylish look, the second one is so sweet and the layout is fab, love them both
Lindsay xx

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
both cards are fantastic creation!
The first is beautiful and so feminine! I like the glitter points and the glitter paper!
And your boy card is so cute!

sending hugs
Regina

May said...

Stunning card Vicki, Love the rich colours & wonderful image coloured beautifully...Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu..Hugs May x x x

Pam said...

These are fabulous Vicki!!!!!!!!!!

Stef H said...

i am so glad you got to attend! these are gorgeous.... gor-g-us!!!

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards! Love the red/white background of the second card! Great choice of images and of course, perfect coloring!

Anita said...

Both are fabulous cards but I especially love the first one - so "girly" :)

Carla S. said...

Fantastic cards, Vicki! Love the colors and sparkle on the first one! Fab coloring and designs on both!

Whimsey said...

Oh both those cards are so cute!!! Love the girly image!!

Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity!! ~Michele, DT

Sarah said...

Gorgeous boy card and thanks ever so for joining in at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Sarah

Deb said...

Sounds like a fun party, love your challenge cards!
Debxx

Desire Fourie said...

Such beautiful creations each one with its own character.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Margreet said...

Hi Vicki. I just saw you visited my blog. But it is NOT a candy, but my stuff which I bought during my stay in the US! It was such a huge travelstory that I decided not to translate it in English (just in case nobody should be interested).
Hugs,
Margreet

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki. I love the images, your colouring is always fabulous and I love the layouts and brilliant detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Wow, Vicki, love that image, and the soft colors are so pretty.

The little boy is darling, and the primary colors look great. Two really nice cards, love them both.

Hugs
Sue

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, you nailed the challenges. Both cards are gorgeous. Your coloring and designs are always the best!

downrightcrafty said...

wow Vicki what great cards and did not know you was not following me but pleased you now are

Hugs Kate xx

Jennifer said...

Wonderful cards Vicki! Love how you added the ribbon to the first and the layered sentiments on the second are perfect!

Lisa xx said...

such a great card....and what a cute image!

thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Hazel said...

fabulous cards Vicki.

Thank you for joining us over at Papertake Weekly - I wish you the very best of luck.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Toodles

Hazel x

Lizy Bartaby said...

Two fabby cards Vicky!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week :)
Lizy x

Chris said...

Two such lovely cards! I really like your gorgeous party girl.. great image and fabulous design. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.
Chris
x

Tammy said...

Fabulous cards Vicki! I love the princess image and all of the sparkle and the little boy is adorable, fantastic colors on that card!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful job on the challenges Vicki, both cards are fabulous! Love the first color combination, and the images in each card are so cute. hugs, Kimberly

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, both of your cards are great.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute cards! I really love that first image!

julieprice3 said...

Wonderful cards, love that first image and the layout of the second card is awesome, nice work my friend
Hugs Julie P

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the details. Hugs Michele x

crafty-stamper said...

great image and the first one is very glitzy and glam and the second one is a great male card love all the details and gorgeous bows on both good luck with the challenges
Carol x

Céline said...

fab cards Vicki, love the glittery paper on the first one, and combo of the second
hugs
céline

Debra Miller said...

Great cards Vicki! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Sorry I have not been around. In Austin my SIL had brain surgry to remove a tumor. Sitting in the hospital. Love your cards. Wonderful job.
Hugs, Pat

Teresa said...

Two great cards Vicki, I'm sure that top one is me lol, have a great day, take care, hugs Teresa xx

Julia Aston said...

Well isn't she just having a swell b'day! super coloring on both cards Vicki!

ribenaruby said...

Wow, Vicki..you've been so busy! Gorgeous creations. Ruby x

Davi said...

Always a fabulous job you do Vicki! I love the softness and image on the first one, very beautiful and the second one is just darling. I love checks and he is so cute the way you have him sitting ;)

Jennifer Scull said...

both of these are adorable! you have so much talent and truly inspire with each project you create! :)

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Chana said...

Beautifully colored and nicely composed! Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Inkypinkydelights said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Pink-Crafty-Devil said...

Lovely card great for our challenge, for a boy thanks for joining us at eclectic ellapu

Hugs Kelly DT
Xxx

Beth Adams said...

Found your blog off you YouTube video. Great video. Love your style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...