"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 5, 2013

W is for Welcome

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a great week!  I'm still trying to "recover" from the long weekend and both hubby and son have been sick! Yuck!  Hoping that I can skip out on this one this time, so drinking lots of fluids, making sure I rest plenty and trying to stay back! LOL!  It seems that once school starts back up, there is always something "going around"...so tis the season I guess!

Which actually leads right into the theme of my creation for today!
OK, so this is really not my typical school color combo theme, but I noticed this inspirational photo color challenge at the Bugaboo Challenge Blog, so I thought I'd give it a try with this image.  (You can see the photo below for the color combination I had to use.)  I think these little sunbonnet images are too cute!  This is the Fancy SB School image from Bugaboo.  I softened up the tones of the flowers by spraying them with paint and then I put a bit of sparkle over them.  I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but I've also added some shimmer to the book pages with my gold glitter pen and then I've added shine to the apples with some crystal effects over them.
I thought that this would make for a nice card for a new teacher, or from a teacher to a student.
You could even add a small gift card inside.  For now, I've left the inside blank until I decide what I want to do with it.  I might include it in a gift set...not sure yet, but when I do the craft shows at the school, these type of things seem to go over really well.

Here's a better close-up of the coloring you can see in the image.  It's so hard to capture that really pretty shine on the apples though with the camera!  You have to have it sitting just right or take about five photos of the same card! LOL!

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this creation for:
Bugaboo Challenge - photo inspirational color combo

Little Miss Muffet Challenges - sketch

Crafts 4 Eternity - Back to School
The ABC Challenge - U for "unlimited"
Kaboodle Doodles - Use Yellow
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC68) - anything goes
Crafting for All Seasons - Back to School/For a Child
Crafty Creations - Back to School
Shopping Our Stash - School or Office/Workspace
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I hope you've enjoyed my creation for you today!  I'm in the middle of trying to get house chores done and finding time to play in my stamp room this week!  I need more coffee for sure! LOL!
I also wanted to share with you a few more goodies that I have recently won...
How exciting is this?!!  And this is NOT everything either!  I also won several digital stamps that I'm not going to post a photo of, but boy...the problem is trying to pick out what to use first!!
My mind and head are spinning to the point that it's almost overwhelming with what to do next! LOL!
I do have another commissioned card that I need to get to working on, and I need to do less exciting things like mount the unmounted stamps, organize and purchase "unsexy" items like glue and card stock, but I am seriously trying to work on so many things in my craft room all at once!  Fall is just starting and it's already getting crazy up in here!! LOL!!  So please stay tuned as I will have lots more coming up showing more new items as well as a tutorial or two that I have promised!!  See you soon friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

41 comments:

Danni said...

What a cute, darling card!! Just so sweet!
Hope you avoid the germies and don't get sick!

crafty-stamper said...

cute image -love the layout and papers,gorgeous bow and love the pencil brad-congrats on your prize goodies and hope your hubby and son feel better soon
Carol x

Pat (mspfd) said...

FABULOUS! Love the cute image with your gorgeous coloring and wonderful embellishments. The color palette rocks! Awesome work, Vicki!

Congratulations on winning the Doodle Pantry images. Can't wait to see what you create. BTW, there are also some great freebies in the store and if you participate in the challenges, win or loose, you will be emailed the featured set for free!

Ellen said...

Wow Vicki! So many fabulous details! Your spray of flowers is gorgeous! Love the pencil charm on the bow and your fantastic coloring! Love it all!!
Take 2000 ml of Vitamin C and you will skip the cold!
Hugs
Ellen

Sanja Grdinić said...

W is for wonderful! :) I like the way you colored the stamp and The apples look yummy! very nice choice of papers and flowers.
Have a nice day, Vicki...

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the gorgeous image & pretty colours.

Donna x

Wishcraft said...

So lovely Vicki. Love the image and gorgeous colours too. Congrats on your prize wins, have fun with your new goodies :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Stef H said...

talented AND lucky! does it get any better than that??? woot woot!

i closed down my garage sale site for a while because my computer crashed and now that i've got it back i need to sync in my printer and camera. have to wait for son to do that.

house is on the market and now i do alot of cleaning out and finding boxes. i am NOT looking forward to cleaning out the garage!!!! ugh!

hugs :)

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Tammy said...

Precious card and great use of the color palette!

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe she is cute and beautifully colored. I just in love with image, fabulous, did I say fabulous.
Hugs my friend

Amy Johnson said...

Darling card, and congrats on your big win. Lucky you!

jonim52 said...

What a cute card. Thanks for sharing this beauty at Loves Rubber Stamps.

Heather G said...

Love the card. Your coloring is terrific also. Congrats on all the goodies. I get excited no matter what I win. It's just fun to "get something." Good luck this week at Crafty Creations...maybe another win?

Patti J said...

Sweetness! Love the image, and you color like an angel...so pretty! Yay! Glad it's fall, as you'll soon start playing with craft fair items! Hugs...

MiamiKel said...

Such a gorgeous coloring of this image! It's beautiful in blue! Wow, what a haul - have fun playing with the new 'toys!' :) Hope everyone feels better!

Kimberly S said...

Such a pretty little card Vicki, and gorgeous coloring! Wow, you have won some lovely goodies! Have fun playing. :) hugs, Kimberly

julieprice3 said...

Wow, lucky girl, some nice goodies here, Love the pretty sun bonnet girl and sweet sentiment, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

downrightcrafty said...

oooooooooooo super winnings and fabulous card, love the warm colours as it is a little colder here today
Hugs Kate xx

Fran said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I so get that - I joke that I need a hamster ball filled with hand sanitizer to go around in....but really. Is that so much to ask? lol
I love your colouring & those fabulous flowers, Vicki - and omg that pencil. Congrats on those prizes too :) (And omg, I JUST SAID yesterday what a bummer it was to buy the 'boring' stuff like glue & envelopes, lol!)
Thanks for coming to play at Shopping our Stash this week :)

Carla S. said...

Such an adorable card, Vicki! I love the colors and the darling image! Great coloring and pretty embellishments! So glad you joined in on the sketch challenge at LMM!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Sooo cute, sooo cute,,, so cuteeeee,,, pict, and your coloring is so adorable it is stunning, I am falling in love with your flowers Vicki....

Patricia St Martin said...

Congratulations on your wining!!! Love those colors. Darling image and as always your coloring is wonderful.
Hugs, Pat

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki!! I love that adorable Bugaboo image and it's colored beautifully! Have fun playing with your new goodies my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving that sweet image- I would have never guessed it was from Bugaboo! Love your colors too! Wow- you really won a huge stash- have fun : )

Ime said...

beautiful card!!! love your coloring and the flowers!! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

ribenaruby said...

Stunning card Vicki, love the design and your fab colouring. Ruby x

NanaConnie said...

Fancy Sunbonnet is one of my favorite Bugaboo characters and I love what you've done with her. Great take on the colors, Vicki! Love your embellishment flowers and that ribbon is just to die for. :-D

Chana said...

Beautiful coloring on the image! I love your color palette and how seamlessly it is integrated into your overall design! Nice composition and fabulous execution! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute! Love the adorable image and your take on the color challenge is fabulous. Hope you stay well! You have to with all those crafty plans!!! Yeah, fun items to win, congrat's. Will keep my fingers crossed for more wins! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
your card is totally adorable! Such beautiful coloring and I love how to arrange flowers on your card!

hugs Regina

Min said...

TOO CUTE!!
Thanks so much for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Color Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our newest Anything Goes challenge beginning today! We hope you’ll play along!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Donna said...

Utterly beautiful Vicki and a great stake on our sketch this week. Love the colours you've used and the flowers are really neat :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Thanks for joining in the fun at LMMS this week x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and beautiful colours with such pretty detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Shanna Shands said...

Fabulous embellishments. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet and cute card Vicky, love this image and wow the colour comb is gorgeous.xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful and pretty at the same time. Love the cute little girl and its a wonderful take on the colour inspiration.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

karen said...

What a beauty Vicki, thanks so much for sharing with us at LMM challenges, Karenx

Ann-Marie said...

A very cute card, I love the soft pretty colour palette too. Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge and I hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Jani said...

So cute!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...