"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Anniversary and Blog Candy Winner!!

Hello friends!  Wow!  What a week it's been!
Hopefully you have entered for my blog candy because it has already ended!  So, I will get to the winner of the blog candy shortly, but first, I wanted to share a creation with you!

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a new computer coming...well, it's here!  So...I've been fiddling around with it now trying to get all of my things working on it and trying to get my photos, etc. all put together on this thing which is taking me way more time than I wanted it to!  But I do really LOVE my new computer and hopefully it will work out for me.  It's just tying all of the "old" in with the new and I don't think the "new" is liking the "old" very much! sigh...

Anyway, today also happens to be my dear hubby and my 14th Wedding Anniversary!  I have to be the luckiest woman in the world to have such a wonderful person in my life!  I made a card for him today....
The images are from an older Gina K. Designs stamp set called "Heartfelt Hits" which was actually given to me by a fellow blog buddy a few years back, I don't think she's been blogging for a while, but I thank you Jess for this lovely set!  (embarrassed to say that this is the first time it has been inked up....which is good because then I know hubby hasn't seen it before! LOL!)

I've embossed the background with my brocade embossing folder and the blue color (which is hubby's fave) is SU! Marina Mist.  I took the star burst image from the set and embossed it on the circle panel with iridescent ice embossing powder.  All that was left was just added a couple of rhinestones to the ends of the sentiment panel.  It's such an elegant set and so perfect for a wedding!

Now....I like to add a bit of humor for hubby because that's just what we do, so the inside has a personal message typed in it that goes something like this:  (NOTE:  Read front of card first!)
"He puts up with a lot of crap!  Especially if that man is married to me! :)  Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!"

I found some fun challenges to play with today too:
CAS on Sunday - sketch (see blog for details)
Created with Love (CWLC#64) - anything goes
The Crazy Challenge (CCH157) - "B" is for...blue & bling (bride if for wedding)
--------------------------

OK....so I supposed you all want to know exactly WHO won the blog candy?! :)

Winner of the Simon Says Stamps $25 e gift certificate to their store is....

Chosen by Random.org......

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
25 
Timestamp: 2013-10-29 18:43:41 UTC

And that is the lucky.....
divinity


Congratulations!!!  Please contact me with the e-mail address you'd like for me to send your $25 gift certificate to!  Have fun shopping!

And thanks again to all of you for entering my birthday blog candy!  And if you don't win, no worries as there will be another chance to win again soon!  (When I see that I have reached up to 100 followers, I will get something lined up for that too!)  So check to make sure you are following along with me here!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I have lots more really fun things coming up!  So be sure to stay tuned in to see what it is!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

46 comments:

Carla S. said...

Happy Anniversary, Vicki! Your card for your hubby is beautiful! Very elegant! Enjoy your celebration!

Rhonda Miller said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki!!

Congrats divinity!!

Julia Aston said...

Happy Anniversary to you and DH Vicki! what a lovely couple image - and beautiful card!

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki.
Your card is stunning, I love the romantic image and gorgeous embossing.
I hope you enjoy the rest the day
hugs Sue xx

Shirley said...

Hard to realize how much you are missing until you get back to looking again! This is totally elegant and so pretty, Ms Vicki!!

Stef H said...

happy anniversary and congrats to the winner.

ribenaruby said...

Aaaaaww Vicki, what a romantic card. Happy Anniversary! Ruby x

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and perfect for today! Congratulations and may you have many more years together!

Wishcraft said...

Such lovely stamps Vicki, and your card is gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Congrats on your Anniversary! Love the card you made for your hubby- and hope you have a wonderful day!

craftin-dawn said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
DawnD

MiamiKel said...

So very beautiful! I Love the gorgeous teal paired with the white - this is a stunning card creation! Hugs!!

Davi said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love all the white embossing, so very elegant!!

Ardilla said...

Happy anniversary, Vicky!!!!!
You have done a gorgeous card, love it!
Ardilla :)

PS: I received your card, thank you so, so much!!!!!!!
Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, a beautiful card too very romantic...congrats also to divinity.xxx

Divinity said...

oh wow! awesome! :) thanks so much :) i sent you an email

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful and very elegant card! blue & bling (bride if for wedding)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki...such a lovely image and love it in blue..love the embossed background and the glimmer of sparkle...very elegant.
Happy Anniversay to you and hubby...

luv CHRISSYxx

Anja (scrappie) said...

Happy anniversary for you and your hubby. Great card thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Marlies said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. You've made a beautiful card for your husband, very elegant and I realy had to laugh with the personal message you wrote to him! I hope you both have a lovely day today. hugs, Marlies

Asha said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki!!! Sounds like you're lucky to have each other. Wishing you both many many blissful years together.
hugs,Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

julieprice3 said...

Very pretty, love the embossed background
Hugs Julie P

Suman Pandit said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki !! Love that romantic card and the fab sentiment ( i mean the one which is inside the card...LOL ) Enjoy your day and congrats to the winner !!
http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki, hope you both had a fabulous Anniversary! Love the sentiment also the inside one!
Debxx

Sue said...

Wonderful anniversary card, see you were saving this stamp set for a really special card! Love your inside sentiment, so true for most of us.....

Hugs
Sue

Kristie said...

Beautiful and elegant card, Vicki! Happy Belated Anniversary!

Amy Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful card!

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki and a really beautiful CAS design. Happy Ann'y to you and hubby, hope you had a fab day celebrating and here's to the next 14 years! :) Donna ♥ x

crafty-stamper said...

Happy Anniversary to you both-beautiful card and image love the embossing and great sentiment
carol X

Tammy said...

I hope you and your hubby had a wonderful Anniversary Vicki! Gorgeous card and I love that perfect sentiment!!
Hugs, Tammy

downrightcrafty said...

classy and love the embossing the little glitter addition and the colour great stuff
Hugs Kate xx

Céline said...

really effective
hugs
céline

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh Vicky this is stunning I love the way you did this one. Love the sentiment as well. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT.

Chris Hanselman said...

Great card. Love the embossing. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Zw@@n said...

Congratulations on your 14th anniversary. And what a lovely card that is. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Anneke said...

You made a great card for this occasion! Congrats! Thanks for joining the CAS on Sunday challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki!!! I hope you had a great day together!!

I just love your Anniversary card with the embossing, the simple line image and your blue and white.

hugs,
Chris

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!!

Sue from Oregon said...

A love CAS wedding card...pretty embossing folder!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I hope you had a very happy anniversary! Bet your husband loved this beautiful card.

Ellen said...

Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

nwilliams6 said...

Happy Anniversary and congrats to the candy winner. Great card too! Hugz!!!!!

Maria Rud said...

What an elegant card. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week.

Pillan said...

Elegant card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

Jennifer said...

This is so romantic Vicki! Love the elegant embossing and simple design!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous! Love it. I have many, many, many stamps awaiting ink, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...