Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Another Set of Cards to Share!

Hello friends!  Told you that I would be back again shortly!
Here I am!

I hope to spend some time this weekend catching up with the rest of the SCS HYCCT challenges that I have missed and can get in a rhythm to get caught up with it.  I also have some other craft things going on that need my attention as well before time starts running out!

So anyway, here are my next set of three cards...
Sorry about the slightly blurry photo, but I have to say that although this one was very easy in design, I think it's been one of my faves so far!  I have always loved this "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set from Stampin' Up! and it's one of the first sets that I bought.  I've made this one for the SCS HYCCT1311 challenge called "Peace & Quiet".  We were supposed to create a card with no words on the front.  The first thing that comes to my mind is a winter scene just like this.  It's so very quite in the cold winter...I really do love going out in the snow among the sparkling trees and just hear NOTHING...so peaceful to me.  Some people like noise around them, but I am one of those people who NEED their "quiet time" to feel relaxed.  I hope it can bring some peace to someone where it's going.

Here are some challenges for this one:
SCS HYCCT1311 - "Peace & Quiet"
The Paper Players (PP167)
Crafty Creations - sparkle and shine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this image is so cute!  This image is called Ribbon Bear-Leaning from Bugaboo Stamps.
I printed him out and colored him in with my Copic markers.  I added a small thinking of you sentiment from a Stampin' Up! set from my stash.  This card was made for the SCS HYCCT1312 challenge called "The Colors of October".  We were supposed to use the colors pink, green & yellow (like that of an opal stone) and also add some shimmer somewhere to mimic the opal stone.  It's hard to tell in the photo of course, but I've added some smooch to shimmer up the pink ribbon the bear is leaning on. (It's so very pretty and shimmery in real life!)

Here's some other challenges for this one:
SCS HYCCT1312 - "The Colors of October"
Retro Sketches (rs#85)
Catch the Bug - Think Pink
Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C207) - chevron with pink, grey, yellow & green
Daring Cardmakers - digital (digital image)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is my last creation for you today...finally, huh?! LOL!
This one was made for the SCS HYCCT1313 challenge called "Sticking by Your Side".  We are supposed to make a washi tape background for this.  I was happy to give this one a go because I have several rolls of this washi tape and never use it!  I have three different washi tapes for my center background panel and then I used my flower die cut and punch to make the popped out flowers on my design.  I think it turned out really happy and fun and bright!  So glad to use some of that washi tape too!

Here are a few challenges for this one:
SCS HYCCT1313 - "Sticking by Your Side"
Sketch Saturday (SS280)

Whew!  Now that I've shared the cards that I have made early on in the week, it's time to get busy once again and start getting caught up with what I have missed!  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creations, I'm happy you came by!  I will be back later on hopefully with some creations that will get me caught up so I can spoil you with only ONE creation per day instead of several at once! LOL!

I promise to stop by later this evening and tomorrow to see what you are all up to.  Please be sure to enter my birthday blog candy if you haven't yet!  It ends October 29th, which is quickly approaching us!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

24 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are all terrific. I just love the winter scene on the first one. That bear is so sweet and I just love the washi tape.

Carla S. said...

They are all gorgeous, Vicki!

Silke Ledlow said...

Vicki, thank you for crafting a card for the C4C...it's a beauty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Who doesn't love the Lovely Trees? This is beautiful!!! And that bear is perfect- love the soft coloring- may have to pick that one up....and your Washi card- going into my CASE file- I too have Washi that is in need of being used! Always love to see what you make!

Deb said...

You are so good keeping up with all of those challenges, all gorgeous cards. Your tree card is totally stunning, I absolutely love it! I am with you on the peace and quiet and do love that quiet time when the snow has freshly fallen!
Have a great weekend, Debxx

Tammy said...

The winter scene is beautiful and serene! Love each card, pretty colors and designs.

Sue said...

Another wonderful selection of cards Vicki. i LOVE them all. The trees with the added sparkle look stunning.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend
hugs Sue

Jaydee said...

Vicki, great way to showcase Lovely as A Tree. Your sponging is perfect and I like the addition of just a little bit of sparkle. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Stef H said...

all fabulous but I love the trees!

Hugs :)

julieprice3 said...

You cant go wrong with lovely as a tree, It's the very first SU set I ever bought and still love it beautiful cards my friend
Hugs Julie P

aussie aNNie said...

You make the sweetest cards, love the ribbon bear one, so full of expression...gorgeous all ..xxx

Tammy Miller said...

What a great projects, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join joining our October Theme “Think Pink” Challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again very soon!

Katie said...

Who wouldn't feel better when looking at that sweet and snuggly bear?! Great take on this week's sketch! -Katie :)

Debra Miller said...

Wonderful cards Vicki! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

Anna-Karin said...

I love it.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Hugs
Anna-Karin

mulberry station said...

Simply adorable! what a darling card for a grat cause. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug.
Nancy CTB-DT

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! That winter scene is amazing, love the sky! Hugs, Kimberly

Jennifer said...

They're all just wonderful! Love the glittery trees..my favourite way to see them and the sweet bear and the ribbon tab are great! Love the layers of colour with the flowers as well! have a beautiful day!

crafty-stamper said...

Great set of card but love the first one with the trees and soft blue and untrodden snow
carol x

Asha said...

YOu always get the colours just right! These are fabulous creations, my friend.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Sue said...

Are you sleeping at all? Another great "batch of cards". Each one so different and pretty. Get some rest!

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

You have been on a roll my friend! Awesome cards again! Wonderful work! Hugz!

Regina said...

Vicki, your cards are simply fabulous! The first is an eyecatcher! Wonderful Winter scene!

sending hugs Regina

Céline said...

fab card Vicki, love them all
hugs
céline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...