"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chevron Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Hello friends!  Hope you are all doing well as of this post.
Feeling a bit sad for my pet doxie Mocca as we've just learned from an X-ray taken of her that not only does she have severe arthritis, she's suffering from some back problems as well.  She has been in pain and we're giving her some pet medication to help reduce the swelling.  She seems to be doing a bit better today, but I have to really watch her this week as to not strain her back much by climbing, jumping, etc.
It was so scary to hear her cry and yelp in pain as we didn't know what to do for her.  My time in my stamp room has been limited because she is not comfortable in my basement where my room is...so I am running up and down to constantly check up on her.  She's my best friend and I will do what I can to make her as comfy as possible. :)

So I'm switching things up a bit today as I am waiting to complete some of the HYCCT challenges on SCS and decided to make up a few thank you cards for the Cards for a Cause mission at the Restoring Hope Transplant House.  They are in need of some thank yous so I've cleared out my stash of them and I've made a few more to make it an even 10 cards going postal tomorrow.

Here's what I've made...
  I've used a chevron border and a graffiti thank you stamp.  I've used the same graffiti stamp and inked up a single "thank you" from it to make the banner going across the circle.  I think I made this more complicated than I wanted to.  I've used a die cut in the middle and punched a whole in the middle of a Wild Wasabi square to make the inside frame of the card.  I then took a piece of Soft Sky and stamped on that and attached it to the inside of the card so that it shows through the circle frame.  The banner is popped up with dimensionals.
The idea here was to be simple with it!

Here are some challenges for this:
SCS C4AC9 - thank you
CAS(E) This Sketch

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are a couple more thank you cards that I made with a chevron type pattern in them.  I tried to keep with about the same color palette too to make it easier on putting them together.
The thank you on the right uses the same stamp as the card above.  The card on the left uses the chevron embossing folder and the thank you from my "Four You" stamp set win! :)  Everything is Stampin' Up! for that one.  Even the card stock and ribbon!

That's all for me today!  I should be back soon with a another Christmas creation that I would like to send out to go to the Send a Smile 4 Kids mission as they would like some Christmas cards sent to have enough to send them during the Christmas season.

In addition to this, I have a commissioned card that I need to get done before the end of the month...so lots going on that I'm trying to fit in.  Now it's back to check on Mocca and fix supper! :)
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  See you soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

27 comments:

Sue said...

Sorry to hear about Mocca, it's so hard when our beloved pets are ill and in pain and we just want to help them all we can. I hope the swelling and pain ease soon.
Your cards are wonderful Vicki. I love the elegant design and beautiful colour scheme you have used.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Stef H said...

awwww.. it just breaks my heart when pets are in pain. my neenah has a "floating knee" which will turn to arthritis as she ages so she's on meds already. won't prevent it but it should make it more bearable... and believe me, i know what that's like!

absolutely LOVE the cards. love the chevrons... and great colors too!

hugs :)

Wishcraft said...

Lovely cards hun, fab colours and love the chevrons too. Sorry to hear about Mocca, hope the medication helps xx Hugs, Lisa x

aussie aNNie said...

Poor Mocca, I can relate to a pet being your best friend. My chocolate labrador is my best friend [apart from hubby]. Since I no longer am a FT carer for dad she knows I am lost and is by my side 24/7. Hope Mocca will be okay...poor darling...

Your cards are lovely and obviously for a great cause...good on you.xxxx

Jennifer said...

Love these simple chevron cards! I guess I'm a zig zag fan! hehehe Love the layering of the sentiment on the first one!

CraftinGranny said...

This is great Vickie as are the last several posts. I especially hold those supporting breast cancer awareness closest to my heart.

Keep you baby by your side till she gets well. You have plenty of time to do all those other things when she gets well. My little Schnauzer Sparkey has arthritis, allergies, diabetes, bladder stones (think we got those cured after having been removed twice), and yeast infections that pop up every now and then. Since I've been sick he stays right by my side and I love those special moments we spend together because they won't last forever..

Sending you hugs and prayers Mocca gets well and back to normal soon.

Deb said...

Your cards are so beautiful, love them all, all for a fabulous cause too!
Poor Mocca, sorry to hear that she has been in so much pain, hope the medication helps her!
Debxx

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful thank you cards Vicki! I just love that midnight muse, gorgeous!

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh Vicki! I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I hope that the medication is working and that she starts doing better soon. I so hated to hear that. I'll keep her in my thoughts and dog prayers. Love your cards. . .I wish I had your knack for making clean and simple cards look that beautiful. Hugs to both you and Mocca.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I love how you used these chevrons, fabulous!

Asha said...

I feel your anguish, my friend. We have the same issue with out doggie. I sent you an email on this. On to your cards - LOVE them. I love the simplicity - just perfect!
hugs, xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Rhonda Miller said...

Sorry to hear about your doxie. I hope she's feeling better soon.

I love your cards. The chevrons are so fun. TFS.

Sue said...

Love, love, love what you've done with the chevrons! Colors are AWESOME too! May be more complicated than you wanted, but I think it was worth it ;)

I hope your Mocca feels better soon - nothing worse than the helpless feeling when you can't help them

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and love the chevrons -sorry to hear about Mocca and hope she feels better soon
carol x

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! so sorry to hear about Mocca Vicky, poor little love. Love the fab cards.

Donna x

Julie P said...

So sorry to hear about Mocca, hope things are better soon, very sweet cards
Hugs Julie P

Tammy said...

Love your cards today, great use of the chevron and such pretty colors!

Betty J. said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Céline said...

stunning cards Vicki
hugs
céline

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Gorgeous CAS Thanks you cards Vicki, I love the designs! So happy to hear in your latest post that Mocca is doing better! Doesn't it just break your heart when our fur babies don't feel good.
Hugs,Tammy

Regina said...

Oh, Vicki, I like the Chevron look! Wonderful simple cards!
hugs Regina

Berni Cuttino said...

Simply fabUlous CAS beauties, just like the simplicty of them all.
Hugs

Kimberly S said...

Lovely Thank You cards Vicki! Poor pup, so glad that your fur baby has you. :) hugs, Kimberly

nwilliams6 said...

Cute thank you cards! I need to check out that sketch! Hugz to you and your sweet dog!

cotnob said...

This is a lovely selection of cards Vicki, brilliant CAS designs and I love the chevrons.
I'm so sorry to hear about Mocca, I hope the medication helps and she feels better soon.
Pauline
x

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Love this, Vicki! That chevron looks awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...