"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

Oh yes my friends...Christmas time will be here before you know it!
So if you haven't started making any of your Christmas cards yet, NOW would be a great time to do so!

While you are making/posting your Christmas creations, be sure to enter them for the

That's right, the theme for this challenge is:
"Christmas is Coming!"
So please join in with us during the next two weeks and enter your Christmas creations with us!
Here's what I have made for the challenge to help inspire Christmas thoughts...
Nothing says Christmas like Old Saint Nick!  This is one of my fave Santa images called Noel Santa from Sarah Kay Stamps.  (I've bought all of my Sarah Kay stamps from here...love this store!)  I love how he's got his finger up telling us to be quiet while he unpacks the presents from his sack! :)  The sentiments around the image are the Grunge Christmas Postmarks stamp set from LOTV.  (Another of my fave places that I don't get to "indulge" myself with very often!)

I've used some fun Vintage glass glitter around the edges of the Santa image.  It's very cool as the more it dries, it tarnishes and turns to a goldish color.  I think it gives it a neat Vintage look about it.  I've distressed my papers and rubbed some Distress Ink over it as well.  Finished off with some poinsettia flowers and ribbon.  Such a fun card to put together!

I would like to ship this one off for Send a Smile 4 Kids.  I thought this would be a fun card with a Santa on it! :)  The glitter is pretty well 'stuck' on there as it was a concern for me to begin with, but it's really ON there as I tested it with rubbing my finger along it and not a single piece fell off...so I think we're good!  I plan on sending along a few others with this one too.  I always loved looking forward to Christmas as a kid with thoughts of Santa coming...so what a happy thing for a child to see! :)

Here are a few other challenges I can enter:
Created with Love - any holiday
Divas by Design - 3 or more layers
Fab 'n Funky - It's All Rock-n-Roll to Me (inspired song:  "Santa Claus is Coming to Town")
The Crafter's Cafe - Favorite Craft Item (ribbon!!)
Card Crafter's Circle - Use 3 embellishments (ribbon, flowers & glass glitter)

So I hope you are inspired to put some Christmas music on and create something for our challenge!  Please hop on over to the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog and get more inspiration from the rest of my fellow design friends to see what they came up with too!  We can't wait to see your Christmas projects!

I'll be back again tomorrow with a special tutorial for you...so be sure to stop back by for that!
Thanks for checking in and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

33 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the glitter.

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! Very festive!

Tammy said...

You are right, the Santa image is terrific, just how I like to think of him! Fabulous card Vicki and wonderful coloring!

Berni Cuttino said...

Vicki this is super holiday card. Lovin the image and the design is fabulous.
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Now you got me enthusiastic to make more Christmas cards. Have been making them to donate to the craft fair at the nursing home...love this one Vicki, awesome papers and colouring...have a lovely sunday,,xxx

Davi said...

BEAUTiful Vicki!! I love the vintage Santa, and that glitter is really so very pretty around him along with the poinsettias :)

Margreet said...

gorgeous Santa, Vicki...love your colouring...that glass glitter looks very pretty...just a lovely card!

Sue said...

Christmas cards are my favourites and this is gorgeous Vicki. I love the jolly Santa, beautiful colouring and fabulous poinsettia too.
Hugs Sue xx

RitaK said...

Hi Vicki :-)What a gorgeous X-mascard you made, with traditional image and colours. Happy Sunday!

ribenaruby said...

Oh Vicki, truly wonderful santa image...if you remember I won this one from your candy some years now. Will dig it out and get some more use this year! Lovely design. Have a super Sunday. Ruby x

Céline said...

amazing! love that stamp and so gorgeous sparkle around the image, fab idea, nedd to try lol
hugs
céline

Kimberly S said...

What an awesome Santa card Vicki! Pretty coloring, and the flowers are gorgeous too! :) hugs, Kimberly

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

wow Vicki.. your christmas card is so wonderful and I like your santa

Hugs
Anja

downrightcrafty said...

fab Vicki love the crusted gold flakes around the image plate looks great
Hugs Kate xx

Janine said...

Wonderful Christmas card and such a jolly Santa image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine x

Beccy said...

This is great - thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky

Beccy x

Angelique said...

Gorgeous. Love the bling edges on the image, cute bow and beautiful poinsetta's.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Donna said...

Fab card Vicki, this jolly little santa is too cute and your sparkly border is lush! :) Donna ♥ x

Jac said...

Fabulous image and I love the glitter glass it looks fabulous, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Karin said...

Your card is gorgeous Vicki, love the glitter!
Hugs Karin

Marlies said...

A beautiful Christmas card, I love the Santa! The glitters look great as well! hugs, Marlies

Anneke said...

Lovely Christmas card Vicki! Hugs Anneke

Pat K said...

Beautiful Christmas card with a fabulous Santa. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute, I love this santa and the great design.

Tammy said...

Fabulous Christmas card Vicki, I love that Santa image!! Beautiful embellishments and sparkle!
Hugs, Tammy

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

nwilliams6 said...

Love your chunky glitter and the fun Santa Great Christmas card my friend. Hugz!!!

Asha said...

That one of my fave Santa stamps too. Sadly he's missing. Used him once and ... poof! Gone! Love how you've used him on your card, Vicki.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Patricia St Martin said...

I feel like I have lots my touch. I think I was in Austin too long and can't get back in the grove yet. Your Christmas card is fantastic and I really have to get started on mine. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Pat

Regina said...

Vicki, so a very cheerful Christmas card! The glass glitter around the edges looks adorable

sending big hugs Regina

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the non-Christmas backing paper works brilliantly and love his green gloves
carol x

Tindaloo said...

Love your christmascard and the vintage santa! Thanks for visiting my blog and joining my candy :)

julieprice3 said...

Love the Santa, very pretty Christmas card
Hugs Julie P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...