"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Feeling Like an Animal...

Hello friends, I'm here again today to share some more creations with ya as I'm trying to get caught up with the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on Splitcoast Stampers.

Thanks for being patient with me as I struggle to find time to stop around to visit your blogs.  I have to say that I am really having fun with these challenges though!  I look forward to finding out what the new one will be each day too!

So today, I don't really know why, but my creations were somewhat all animal related.  It seemed like every card I did, I went for an animal image...must be thinking about my own sweet pet doxie, Mocca. :)
So here are another set of three creations for you...enjoy!
This image, of course, is a Shy Bear from Squigglefly.  (Click the name to download this image for FREE if you'd like one.)  I adore these shy bears and I thought this one in particular would be perfect for the challenges.
This one was made for the HYCCT1314 "Blingtastic" challenge where we were to use some glitter and rhinestones on our design.  I glittered up the pink ribbon on her shirt and added a rhinestone to the flower on her head and some pink rhinestones around the sentiment and corners of the design.


-------------------------------

This card was such a fun one to put together!  I made this for the HYCCT1315A "Bursting with Hope" challenge which as to make a creation using the Starburst technique on your design.  The instructions came with the challenge (as an attachment) and this is the first time I have done this technique...so easy fun!  A great way to use up those extra papers we crafters always seem to have! :)

I was excited to use a new stamp from a "Four You" stamp set by Stampin' Up! that I had previously won on the World Card Making Day blog hop that I participated in! :)  Thanks Nicole!  I also pulled out this sweet Penny Black stamp to use as a center point for my starburst.  He is colored in with my inks and watercolor pen instead of my Copic markers this time.  I just wanted to do something different.


--------------------------------------------

And for my last creation today, I have pulled out my Peanuts stamp that has never been inked up!  I can't believe that I haven't used this, I absolutely adore Snoopy and think this is so precious.  The paw prints along the side of the image along with the sentiment come from a Whimsy Stamps set that I have.  The paw prints were embossed with white embossing powder.  I made the card black to sort of mimic a comic strip type of style to my design.

This was made for the HYCCT1315B "Warm & Furry Fuzzies" challenge where we were supposed to use some sort of furry animal on our design.  So at this point I was already on a roll with animals...so I continued with this theme in a different way.

I thank you so much for checking in with me today!  I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.  I will be back again tomorrow with another set of creations to help get me caught up a bit!
Now to take some time to peek in at what you have all been up to! :)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

25 comments:

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi Luv,this is so fabulous just lovin the image and fab coloring. Fun and whismy design.
Hugs
Berni

aussie aNNie said...

Adorably cute all of these Vicki, just so cute, animal themes are always lovely to see..xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous cards, Vicki! Wonderful designs and images! Love them all!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the sunburst design on that 2nd card, gorgeous colors. All of them are darling, Charlie Brown-adorable!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wo ..so many wonderful cards in one post... they are so fantastic.. My favorite is number one...

have a nice day
Anja

Margreet said...

LOve all 3 of them...gorgeous!

Sue said...

A fantastic selection of cards dear Vicki. I love the cute bear and pretty colours. The starburst design looks amazing - I must give this a go as it looks so effective and I ADORE that cute Peanuts image and wonderful CAS design.
I hope you are having a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely amazing cards and each one is perfectly colored! Love the gorgeous papers on the starburst technique!

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, you've been so busy and made such wonderful cards recently, can't pick a favourite although I do love the bursting with hope card, the papers and colours are so striking :) Donna ♥ x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your cards are always the best! Thanks for the inspiration, Vicki! Hope you have a great week.

Jennifer said...

Vicki, you have such a big heart and it really shows in your cards! All of them are so sweet!

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous cards love the cute image especially the peanuts one with the paw border and love the sunburst effect with all the different papers
Carol x

Asha said...

I have to Snoopy does it for me. That is such a precious little card, Vicki. I miss my little Snoop-dog.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

bumblebee creations said...

eeekkkk....I totally love love love these cards Vicki!!

Sue said...

You are on a roll girl. These are just great. Love the shy bear and snoopy card and the sunburst is such a fun technique will have to try it.
Lovely cards all my friend.

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki - love your Shy bear card and that Charlie Brown card is great! I feel like Snoopy lately - I just want to lay down and have someone worry about me! Sweet cards!!! Hugz!

Chrissy said...

Awww..three more fabulous creations Vicki...too hard to pick a favoutite..[but I do love snoopy too]...love the starburst papers...so clever.

luv CHRISSYxx

Eulanda said...

OMG just too cute!!! Miss being a kid sometimes. hee!

Regina said...

Oh, Vicki! Such pretty images! Your colorings on these are gorgeous!
greetings Regina

Tammy said...

WOW three beautiful cards Vicki!! I love them all and they are colored perfectly my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous collection of cards Vicki, I especially love the CAS one with the adorable Peanuts image.
Pauline
x

Kimberly S said...

Oh my goodness, they are so sweet! Your coloring of the bear is incredible Vicki...just wow! Loving that starburst technique, so pretty and colorful, and how fun to see the Peanuts! :) hugs, Kimberly

Dawn Frost said...

What a precious shy bear! Love the papers and sparkle.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are all so super cute!!!

julieprice3 said...

Gorgeous cards, I really love that little bear, so cute
Hugs Julie P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...