"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hope to Cling to and Hurrying...

Hello friends and welcome to October already! Wow! Where in the world did September go?!
Well, I'm very happy about Fall being here, but it does mean that there are lots of things to do!

This Saturday is the Scenic Drive in my area and I have a card rack to get ready for a craft table and I am hurrying to get things in order...which I should know better than to wait until the last minute!  *hanging head in shame*  There is also a blog hop I'm participating in this Saturday, October 5th, as it's World Card Making Day...so please join me for that as I have something special to share!

And just because I thought I didn't have enough crafting/card making to do, I thought I'd also join in the start of the Splitcoast Stamper's 4th annual "Hope You Can Cling To" challenges and make cards to donate for a wonderful, wonderful cause and spread awareness.
Yesterday was the first day with three challenges presented.  There will be at least one new challenge every single day this month.  So I'm excited to be joining in!  I really love donating my creations as something I know is for the good of someone else...it's one of the best things about being a card maker for me! :)

**You can catch all of these details from the badges on my sidebar to the right**

So for today, I've joined in all three challenges from yesterday's kick-off...
Card #1:
I just ADORE this House Mouse image and always think it's such a perfect image to use for cancer patients with the loss of hair.  What a wonderful message to send someone to let them know that they're not alone with the struggles. :)

The first challenge was to decorate the inside of your card.  (It's beauty on the inside that counts!) I've made a shaped easel style card and of course used some pretty papers and a fun popped-up sentiment with pearls for the inside of the card.  There is a blank spot inside so someone can write a personal message.  The slight shimmer you see in the mirror is from some smooch that I brushed over the area to make it shine a bit more for a "mirror effect".  And of course I kept with the pink colors.

Here's the challenges that I'd like to enter this one for:
SCS Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT1301A) - Inner Strength (decorate inside of card)
House Mouse & Friends (HMFMC154) - Monochrome
Creative Belli Challenge (CBC179) - Ribbons & Pearls (I don't even know how old that ribbon is I've used...and I haven't used this die in forever!)
Cute Card Thursday - Pretty Ribbons
Fussy & Fancy Friday - Punches & Dies
Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C205) - bows
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC72) - anything goes
Shopping Our Stash (SOS121) - Pink (Breast Cancer Awareness)
Creative Inspirations - No Square or Rectangle cards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, moving along to my next creation....
Card #2:
As you may know, Fall is my fave time of year, so when I saw that the next SCS HYCCT challenge was to use the colors of courage:  Red & Orange...this is what I thought of.

All items used on this card are from Stampin' Up!  I used my die cut to cut out the leaves and then used the rock n' roll technique on the largest leaf image.  I lightly sponged around the leaves with the crumb cake color and used my Very Vanilla ink pad to go over my embossed background.  The two colors I've used for my courage are Pumpkin Pie and Raspberry Ripple.  I like how they went together so nicely for this one.  I also thought this sentiment from the Really Good Greetings stamp set was very inspirational.

So here are my challenges for this one:
SCS Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT1301B) - Courage & Strength (use red and/or orange)


Creative Craft - anything goes
2 Sisters - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Colors of Fall

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for my last creation in this post....
Card #3:
I know that a lot of the time I make the cute, fussy and detailed creations, but I also love to create the simple and CAS style designs too.  The third challenge yesterday for the SCS HYCCT challenge was called "Flat is Fabulous" which means keep your card flat with no extra layers or embellishments.  CAS is always the best way to do this, but I saw some very clever designs in the gallery yesterday!

I have used a circle mask and sponged the pink color in it and then I lined up my sentiment with a stamp-a-ma-jig and then took a ruler to make the lines underneath so that my sentiment stood out a bit from the image.  The flower spring was stamped in the circle and then I took my white gel pen to color the small flowers and I took my green marker to color the tiny leaves and I even added a bit of sparkle to the center of the flowers.  I really like how this one turned out!

Here are the challenges for this one:
Less is More - sketch

The ABC Challenge - W is for Words
Divas by Design - Clean and Simple (CAS)

Whew!  It took me a while to make up this post!  Now it's back to more creating and hopefully I'll be able to get my card rack made up in time for Saturday!!  Wish me luck! :)
Until then, I will be back again soon with a special blog hop...hope you can join me!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to enter my blog candy!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

56 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow Vicki...you must be superwoman doing all these events..what amazing selection of cards, and i love them all!!! Good luck for saturday. Ruby x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh boy Super woman, you are, but what a gorgeous selection of cards. I just love the house mouse one and I really need to get some of these stamps. It certainly describes the reason for this great cause. You should be proud of yourself...love them all Vicki.xx

Tammy said...

Oh Vicki, your first card is so wonderful and conveys such a powerful message! Love your other cards as well but the image on the first one says it all!

Carla S. said...

All of your cards are truly gorgeous, Vicki! You sure are one busy lady! Good luck with everything!

Sue said...

WOW!! Such a wonderful selection of cards Vicki.
I love the cute image on your first card, the wonderful colours on your second card and your CAS card is stunning.
I hope all goes well for you on Saturday
hugs Sue xx

Danni said...

These are all just fabulous!!

Suman Pandit said...

Vicki, I love all the cards....the mirror effect and the pretty pink....the pink circle and the coloring in the teeny tiny flowers and leaves.....and I was very happy to see you in my creative space....a warm welcome and hugs !!
www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Mousey hugs
Tracy x

Deb said...

wow, you have been so busy, all fabulous cards, that house mouse card is so fun, love the finish on the mirror!
Debxx

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Three fantastic cards Vicki..love the super cute mice and sparkle..gorgeous Autumn colours and leaves and the CAS with a touch of the orient is just beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki all of your creations are gorgeous! I LOVE that house mouse image, the stamped leaves are beautiful and perfect CAS card as always!
Hugs, Tammy

Lizy Bartaby said...

These are all wonderful and inspiring cards Vicki! I too love your little House Mouse image, and beautiful card. And you LIM card is really CAS...lovely! :)
Lizy xx (LIM GDT)

Deb said...

Beautiful cards! I love that rock and roll technique! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Chrissie said...

Your LIM card looks really delicate.... super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Joanne said...

Such a lovely cards! So many beautiful details. Just perfect for our "Flowers" challenge at CC&CC. Thanx so much for playing along with us. Joanne

Amy Johnson said...

ohhh, that House Mouse image is so sad, yet so sweet. And I love your fall card and cas card too.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these cards are fabulous. I love that mouse image.

Basement Stamper said...

Awesome card, I love the leaves. Sorry I haven't been around lately-new job is crazy busy. Hope you are well.

Patti J said...

Seems like we are always hurrying :-). All of your cards are beautiful, Vicki, and I'm sure that whoever finds them in their mailbox will be thrilled! Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your craft table!

Kimberly S said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki! You are so good at coloring those sweet little HM images....and that is just fabulous! :) hugs, Kimberly

jonim52 said...

Gorgeous cards, today. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Heather said...

Three fabulous card Vicki, I love your HM - a beautiful design and colour scheme. Your beautifully coloured is adorable - it reminds me of my Grandson - the expression on his face when he decided to shave a wedge through his eyebrow that went wrong - tee-hee-hee!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, you have been busy! Great collection of cards, Vicki!
Card #1 - What a fabulous and fun HM card for the cause! There is so much goodness packed into this creation. Awesome ribbon treatment, coloring and shape!
Card #2 - Terrific Fall card. Love those colorful leave and your design. Perfect combination@
Card #3 - What a great design. The colors are so fresh and work so well together. What an elegant CAS design.

Céline said...

so gorgeous Vicki ! totally love the first one !
hugs
céline

Mojca said...

What a pretty card! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Gibmiss said...

Hi Vicki
Stunning cards ....
Gorgeous
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

What and adorable House Mouse card, and so pretty too. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

Anneke said...

wow Vicky, you were busy and made such wonderful cards with pretty design.
have a nice wekend and hugs to you.
Ann

aussie aNNie said...

You must have ESP as I was honestly just thinking about you as I want to get some House Mouse stamps and thought I'd come back here and see if you had the name of this one you used...anyway my friend you have a great weekend too and keep smiling...luv from your Aussie buddy, aNNIe xx

Jennyfer L said...

Wow! You have done a fab job juggling with all 3 styles! Brava!!! Enjoy your Friday:-)

Wishcraft said...

Oh they're all gorgeous cards Vicki, love them! Good luck getting ready for Saturday hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

NanaConnie said...

I love all three of these, Vicki, and I'll put on my DT hat in just a sec but first I have to say how much I adore the HM card all done in pink for BCA. Thanks from a survivor. :-D OK, now -- I love the big leaves and those magnificent colors, and thanks so much for playing along this time at Tuesday Throwdown in our "Colors of Fall" challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you here again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Ellen said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Vicki! I especially love the house mouse one, it touches my heart since my buddy is donning a wig at the moment after a lot of chemo. Love the design and colors! Awesome take on the sketch ~Beautifully done! have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs
Ellen

Davi said...

Oh my goodness you are on a role girlie!! They are all fabulous! I love love the soft colors, shape and the sweetness of the little house mice, the texture and pretty fall colors are lovely and the cas is beautiful! Have a great weekend my friend :)

Davi said...

Oh my goodness you are on a role girlie!! They are all fabulous! I love love the soft colors, shape and the sweetness of the little house mice, the texture and pretty fall colors are lovely and the cas is beautiful! Have a great weekend my friend :)

Jennifer said...

Vicki I just love how you just own so many wonderful styles! Love the wonderful sweet mice and that glittery mirror! and your leaves are so cool, and then the beautiful circle of flowers!

Asha said...

You never cease to amaze me, my friend! 3 cards - different styles but all equally stunning. Just can't pick a fave - so don't make me! I have to admit, your cards have inspired me so many times - Thank you!
hugs, Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Asha said...

Back wearing my DT hat with a special mention for Card #2. Glad to have you celebrate Autumn with us.
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Christine said...

Hi Vicky sweetie super cute mousey creation love your clever Monochrome colours so creative.

Thanks for sharing with us at HM & friends chall this time.

smiles Christine x

cotnob said...

Three fabulous cards, such an adorable House Mouse one, brilliant design - perfect for our Monochrome challenge. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
Pauline GDT
x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

crafty-stamper said...

a brilliant selection of cards but really love the pink House mouse one a perfect image for the message
carol x

Sue said...

Vicki, simply adorable, and oh so pretty in pink....perfect. Coloring is awesome and I never though of using it for cancer patients that lose their hair, but what a great idea. Thanks for sharing with us and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki :-) all of them are fabulous but I do especially love the House Mouse one ,,, so cute and the mirror and details are all perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Donna said...

Adorable cards Vicki and all so different in design, Gottla love the pink mice card and so clever to use it for a cancer patient. Gorgeous colours on your 2nd card and a fab snetiment too! Stunning CAS design on the last card, the sentiment says it all :) Donna :} x ♥

Shanna Shands said...

These are all awesome. Poor mouse :( I love the second the best. Fabulous set of cards. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

Gale said...

Beautiful selection of cards. You have been a busy crafter. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges for Anything Goes and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Regina said...

Hi Vicki,
wow what fabulous cards, and the results are stunning!
hugs Regina

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

You have been so busy, I especially love the house mouse one, it made me smile but as you know I am big house mouse fan lol, they are all fabulous though
Lindsay xx

Katherine said...

LOL! First time I've seen that House Mouse image- so cute!

Chris said...

My PIO duty was to come by to comment on your leaf card which is great by the way, I love leaf cards, but that mouse card is just killer cute, I love all that pink. too, too cute. so glad I stopped by.

nwilliams6 said...

More absolutely wonderful cards Vicki - hard to pick a favorite but the HM one is just sooo precious! Hugz!

Eulanda said...

LOL! Oh my the pink house mouse card is priceless! My sister was her and cut about 6" off my hair so I just showed her this and told her this is what she did to me today. LOL!! Love all your stuff! Hugs!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki all 3 of the cards are wonderful. Each of them are so different and perfect in their own way.
Hugs, Pat

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vicki,
These all look gorgeous. Love the CAS cards, they're beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

alicaz said...

Wonderful cards! Love the pink one with the mice! Very sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Ann-Marie said...

Beautiful, love your CAS design. Thank you for joining us over at The ABC Challenge this time and hope you will join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...