"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

HUBBY - DO NOT PEEK!!!

LOL!  I have to put that in my title because sometimes my hubby will decide he wants to see what I'm up to and get on his phone to look at my blog!  So I want to make sure that this will get his attention enough to close it out and NOT see this card!  So hubby...if you are reading this...SHAME ON YOU!
------------
*I want to thank everyone who was sending out well wishes to my doggie Mocca.  She is actually doing pretty well now after taking the meds for a few days.  She doesn't seem to be in much pain now.  Hopefully it will stay that way after she gets weened off of the meds.  She does take an all natural joint supplement chew for her arthritis and we're going to be taking her to a chiropractor for her back when she gets off her meds.  So hopefully this will be good for her.  I'm just so happy and thankful that she's not in any pain like she was. :)*
-------------
So...I have several males in my family, so I am usually making up male cards quite often and always seem to run out of them if I try to build up a stack of them at any point.  They are lucky if they get cycled through to make it to the craft fair rack for sure!  Well hubby's birthday is coming up shortly and I wanted to get this made up for him....
So as you can see, I've made this a sports style design because my husband just LOVES sports!  Actually pretty much any sport he is willing to go and see, watch on TV or talk about.  He never misses a beat when it comes to teams, rivalries and especially football!  He is a huge Chicago Bears fan as you can tell by the color scheme of my card.  The colors were easy to match up with the Midnight Muse and Pumpkin Pie.  The football was stamped up in Baked Brown Sugar for a nice football color.

I've used this Stampin' Up! Great Sport stamp set (not sure if it's retired or not) to make this card and although it may not look simple because of the image, it was very easy to put together for sure!  I think the hardest part of my card was adding some piercing along the edges.  The football was stamped and cut out and then popped up in the middle of the wing image.  I stamped the "happy birthday" banner and then used my die cut to cut it out and added an orange brad on each end of it.  I used glue dots to attach it to the card and made it rise a little in the middle.  Then I stamped some stars and a message on the inside and made a matching envelope to go with it.  There will be special coupons for the inside gift too! :0)

I wanted to add this to the following challenges:
The Paper Players - PP168 masculine birthday

Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes

So that's all I have for you today.  I will be back again tomorrow with a fun Christmas design and details on that as well!

**If you haven't entered for a chance to win my Birthday Blog Candy, then be sure to CLICK HERE to enter for your chance to win a fun shopping spree!  It ends October 29th!**

Thanks for stopping by today friends!  On my way to see what you are all up to!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

28 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Brilliant card for your hubby! What fab colours..they go so well together. Just read your last post about your doggie, sounded like it was very bad Vicki but I'm glad something is helping. Ruby x

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a great masculine card. I love the background stamp and the sentiment banner. TFS.

Danni said...

I missed whatever is going on with your doggie, hope she continues to improve!

Awesome card!

Carla S. said...

This is such a great guy card, Vicki! Fantastic design! I am sure hubby will love it! Glad to hear your dog is in less pain now. Hope it's better every day!

Tammy said...

Oh this is fabulous Vicki, gorgeous colors and design! Your hubby will love it!!
Hugs, Tammy

Glennis said...

Great card! - I hope your wee dog is feeling better now

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe for the football enthusiast, love me some football and this is fabulous for your hubby. He will love it.
Hugs

Kimberly S said...

Fabulous masculine card Vicki, I'm sure he loves every card you make for him. Happy to hear that Mocca is doing better. :) hugs, Kimberly

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
men cards are always so difficult. The image is great choosen for a television footballer *lol*

sending greetings Regina

Sue said...

This is wonderful Vicki, such a fabulous design and I love the colours. I am sure your hubby will love it.
I am so pleased to hear that Mocca is doing so well, fingers crossed she continues to make a good recovery.
hugs Sue xx

Asha said...

Hubby will be thrilled with this card...and football? Does it come manlier than that?! Fab card, my friend!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

stampwithsandy said...

Great masculine card, Vicki! I'm sure hubby will love it, and your title cracked me up! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant male card your hubby will love it and love the image
carol x

Tammy said...

So glad to hear Mocca is improving, yeah! Wonderful masculine card, especially for a football fan, even if its not for the Eagles!

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous masculine card! I'm like you, I never have enough masculine cards.

LeAnne said...

Vicki, I am thrilled you were able to participate in my challenge with this awesome card! I am not sports-savvy, so the colors don't mean anything to me except that I LIKE them together, LOL! Especially the brads! And I am so excited you have made a CUSTOM envelope for it--woohoo! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

aussie aNNie said...

Sure love this male card. So wishing hubby a lovely day with his lovely family.xx

Nance Leedy said...

LOL, with those colors I thought this was a FL Gator card! Great use of this stamp set and a fabulous CAS guy card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Paper Players!

Jennifer said...

This is a really fantastic card for your husband! I love the way you've added just the right amount of dimension!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Vicki, love the strong bold colours and I bet hubby loved it! Good news that Mocca is doing well, hugs to you both :) Donna ♥ x

Michele from MS said...

Perfect football card! The stripes remind me of the stripes on a jersey! Love the raised football/sentiment and that stamp is awesome! Great job ~ thanks for sharing.

nwilliams6 said...

I love the design elements on this! What a great layered masculine card. Hope Hubby doesn't peek and your dog is doing better! Sorry I am late getting around - I have had a tough week - just too much going on! Very well done card. Hugz!

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant masculine card Vicki, it's my husbands birthday soon so some cards for him are next on my list.
Pauline
x

Shirley said...

He is does or will love it! How totally creative and what male wouldn't really really like it!~!~!

Barb said...

Awesome design! I love this color palette for a guy card, fits the sporting theme perfectly :)

Lucy Patrick said...

Fantastic masculine card Vicki! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Paper Crafting Journey, good luck in the draw, XOX Lucy

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love this! I think I am going to have to kopykat this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...