"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm Still Here! With Several Cards too!

Hello friends!
Wow!  What a week it's been!  I think I'm ready for it to be over with! LOL!  You ever have one of those weeks where things just don't settle down long enough to even type up a post?!  That's what my week has been like.  Every time I thought I could sit and make a post, something got me!
I did make up some cards Sunday and Monday, but after that...it's a blur!! LOL!!
I was on such a roll too!!  I'm still making up the cards for the SCS Hope You Can Cling To challenges this month, but after this week, I'm a bit behind again.  I was almost all the way caught up to!  Darn it anyway!

So I'm sure that some of the challenges that I had made these cards for have expired by now, so I'll just leave those out and fit them into something else if I can.  I also don't want to bombard you with several cards at once especially since I hadn't posted this week, but here's a start and I'll have more soon as I go along.....enjoy!
This fun little card with the cute duck on it from Darcies was made using the fun tutorial by Beate on SCS called the Surprise Pop-up Card.  This was made for the SCS HYCCT1308 "It's a Cover Up" challenge where we were supposed to create a hidden element on the front of our cards.  The story behind the challenge was quite touching so hop on over there and join in!  Of course you'll want to see the hidden element on my card, so here's more photos of it....
Here's what the little ducky look like when you pull up on the tag at the top of the card.  I cleverly added a stamped word "pull" at the top so someone knows to pull on it to reveal the message below. :)  The sentiment comes from the same duck set.
And of course here's a side view of the entire card so that you can see how it works.
This card is A2 sized so that it will fit nicely into an envelope and it also opens up so that someone could write their own personal message inside if they wish.  I've also added some faux stitching to the middle border on the card as well as around the main image panel and the pull tag.

Here are a few challenges:
SCS HYCCT1308 - It's a Cover Up
2 sisters - anything goes
Created with Love (CWLBC62) - Sewing Faux or Real
Creative Craft - anything goes (blogaversary)
Everybody Art - ribbon
Fab 'N' Funky - Spots and Stripes
The Crafter's Cafe - CUTE
4 Crafty Chicks - multiple layers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my next card for the SCS HYCCT1309 challenge. The challenge name is "Strength of Steel".  So obviously they want to see some metal used on your design.  As you can see, I've added a metal guitar charm to the ribbons.  To mimic the silver metal, I've used some metallic silver card stock for a border around the "heavy metal chick" by Kenny K that I've colored with my Copic markers.  I've also embossed the "you rock!" sentiment with silver embossing powder and then went over it with a spot of matching pink chalk for added color.  And I've also used touches of silver on the image with my silver glitter pen.  Such a fun card to put together here. :)

Here are a couple of challenges for this one:
SCS HYCCT1309 - "Strength of Steel"
Craft Your Passion - embossing
Shopping Our Stash (SOS#123) - oldest ribbon (pink ribbon has been around for YEARS!)
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for my final card for you today, I made this one for the SCS HYCCT1310 challenge called "Words to Inspire You".  I have to say that this is my ultimate favorite saying/quote and it inspires me so much when I think about my life and words to live by.  I love it so much that I've posted it here on my blog under my "about me" page and I have used a photo with the saying on it for my Facebook Cover Page as well!
The sentiment comes from a Whimsy Stamps set that I have...one of my fave sets that I will never get rid of from my stash.  It's called Time Flies.  (If you click on that name, it will take you to the stamp set for purchase and there is STILL a photo of a creation I made below it when I was on the DT!!  How cool is that?!)  I also added an embossed border underneath it from the SU! Mosaic Madness set.  I've also used the matching Modern Mosaic embossing folder in the pink background.

Here are some challenges for this one:
SCS HYCCT1310 - "Words to Inspire You"
MOJO Monday (MOJO315) - sketch
Inky Chicks - Your Favorite Sentiment

That's too bad as I know there were a few other challenges for this one that have expired since I wasn't able to get this posted in time! sigh!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!!  I don't post for a while and now I'm going to be posting again soon as I know that I had made the next batch of three cards for certain challenges that will probably be expiring tomorrow and I'd like to try and get them in if I can before they expire!  So I'm sure I'll be back again soon with another post!
Sorry for my MIA, but I'll be catching up with all of you very soon!

Thanks so much for checking in with me and I'll be bombarding you again shortly!!
**Don't forget to enter my Birthday Blog Candy!** 
>>CLICK HERE<<

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

27 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

Great cards. Love the images and your coloring. Super job on the stitching. Thanks for joining our Stitching Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Shana Gaff said...

All your cards look great! I agree your coloring looks very nice! I especially like the card you have entered in our challenge at ATSM. Love the image and the charm looks perfect with it! Thanks for playing along with us!

Basement Stamper said...

that little ducky is super cute but I adore that last card!

ribenaruby said...

Oh Vicki...your cards are always fab, love all of them here, gorgeous guitar card with super charm, the sentiment is particularly touching on the last card, and ofcourse the chick card with the pull tab is amazing. What a lovely variety you made Vicki. Have a great weekend and don't do too much my friend. Take care! Ruby x

Ardilla said...

The three cards are awesome!
Great to see you again around :)
Hugs, have a great weekend...
Ardilla

Carla S. said...

More wonderful cards, Vicki! You are on a roll! Great designs!

Tammy said...

Each card is absolutely wonderful! Love, love LOVE the duckie card, just too cute!

Sue said...

WOW! Vicki, each and every card you make is amazing! Your designs and colours are wonderful. I especially love the beautiful sentiment on the last card.
Thanks for all the inspiration
Hugs Sue xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Vicki, both of the cards are great I love the little ducky!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenge.
Linda K. DT

Sue from Oregon said...

Hloy Heck-where do you find the time girl? Wonderful cards, but the wittle ole me just caught my eye big time!

julieprice3 said...

Love that sweet little duck and the pop up, nicely done
Your pink lady is beautifully coloured, nice work Vicki
Hugs Julie P

aussie aNNie said...

Think I may have missed these my friend but they are just so gorgeous.xxx

Linda said...

Awesome cards, Lovely as a tree is my favorite set also

Nonni said...

What a cute card! Your coloring and all the pink looks amazing. :) Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

Michelle said...

Both cards are lovey. The one for our challenge is great. I love the colours and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Rosica Katreva said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at TCCCB.
Hugs Rossi (DT Member)

Kaylee Snyder said...

All these are cute, but my fav is the duckie with the hidden sentiment. I love the stitching you added. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again.

Kimberly S said...

More beautiful and fun cards Vicki! The duck card is so sweet, and such a clever way to do a pop up! hugs, Kimberly

Ciska said...

Such a great little tag card, love the image and the hidden message. Thank you for playing along with us this week @ Fab 'n Funky :)

Sue said...

Loving the duck and the card style. A pink guitar, fantastic, and the sentiment on the last one, lovely.
Are you breaking a sweat girl!!!
Such nice work.

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

Not sure how I missed these but they are all wonderful and sweet and full of heart! The duckie is precious, the rocker card is beautiful, and the sentiment card is heartwarming. Love them. Hugz!

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
you were very hardworking! All your 3 cards are fantastic!
My fav is the pop-up-card! That's great!

hugs Regina

dmbennett said...

A beautiful tag card. Love the design of the card. Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky.

Paper Panda said...

All fab cards! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the oldest ribbon challenge at shopping our stash this past week! Gorgeous cards. Loved all of them.

Lori said...

Fabulous card!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "many layers" challenge!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, forgive my absence - I've been running to and fro with my 4! Finally getting back to the blogs after a week - and so glad I didn't miss this trio of beauties! Your coloring, as always, marveled!! And this sweet chickie card design has me intriqued -- I'll have to try this!
Hugs!!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...