"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's World Card Making Day! Let's Stamp Smiles!

Hello my friends!  I am so thrilled you have joined me today!
I am sure you probably already know, but just in case you didn't, it's World Card Making Day and I have joined a blog hop to help celebrate this special day and I have also made some creations for a WONDERFUL cause:


If you would like to join the inspiration on this blog hop, then please CLICK ON THE BADGE ABOVE to start at the beginning of this blog hop.  Of course there are inspiration and prizes from various companies, so I know you don't want to miss out on this wonderful blog hop!  I am so excited to be sharing in this wonderful cause at Operation Write Home (OWH)! 

I need to keep my post somewhat sort as there will be a long list of people to go through I'm sure!
So the theme was to either make thank you cards for our heroes to send out to their loved ones or AnyHero cards with notes inside written TO them.  We were to also pick out a sketch from the Stars and Stamps Blog (where the start of the blog hop is) to base our creations from.
 
So here's the latest sketch challenge that I used for this fun thank you card:
Click photo or HERE to be taken to the challenge post

 As you can see, I've turned the sketch up right to make my card.
This fun image is from Sweet N' Sassy Stamps.  I printed him out twice, colored him in and then colored in the front chocolate piece, cut it out and then popped it up on the other main image that I had already colored.  I always love to use glitter and using glitter on the cards for our heroes is a big NO...so no glitter anywhere on these.
It was so nice to dig into my stash of very neglected decorative papers too! :)

I'm also entering the card above in the following other challenges:
Crafty Card makers - Cute & Furry
CRAFT - Cats and dogs/Pets/Animals
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also took this sketch and made a couple of variations with it:
Click photo or HERE to be taken to the challenge post

 I thought this sketch was a fun one to play with and I wanted to flip it both ways. 
This tree stamp is probably one of my all time favorite stamps from Stampin' Up! and I think it's a fabulous image to use for any season or any occasion.  I decided to use my Copic markers and put some Fall colors on it.  I just took a sponge in the corner to make a sun.  I used some Baja Breeze card stock for some of the design elements.  I think it really makes the image stand out.

I'm also entering this creation into the following challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty - anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Fall/Autumn

And here's another version of the same sketch:
For this card, I kept more true to the sketch except for extending the length of the banner piece.
I didn't get too fancy with the details on this one and just based it on the colors of the design.  This is the first time that I've actually used the Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry card stock!  I really like it!  I've paired it up with Soft Suede which I hadn't used for quite a while.
I think this is a great sketch to use for when you need to use up your extra pieces of random papers that we all have laying around somewhere!  :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for joining with us in this blog hop!  I hope that you will take the time to make some cards today and be inspired by everything you've seen! 

Now to get to the NEXT person on the blog hop list, please go to
If you get lost along the way or need to find where you're at, please refer
to the linky list on the start of the blog hop at Operation Write Home Blog.
Thank you!

I have my own special birthday blog candy that I posted last week if you'd like to become a follower of my blog and join me here for a chance to win a $25.00 shopping spree!
You can check out the details and enter for a chance to win by clicking HERE!

Have a beautiful weekend!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

79 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

These are simply gorgeous cards Vicki, all so spectacular in their own way...fab designs and wonderful images xxx

Suman Pandit said...

Fab cards, Vicki !!
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards Vicki, they will mean the world to the recipients!

Sue said...

WOW! Vicki. A really stunning selection of cards.
I love the cute image and sentiment on your first card. The trees with the added Autumn coloured leaves look amazing and the colours and patterns on your third card are gorgeous too.
I hope you are having a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Kara said...

I <3 your Mousey.

Studio Diva said...

All of your cards are GORGEOUS! I am a sucker for earth tones, so I might be biased. I especially love the card with the trees. Such a pretty combination of colors and great stamp!

Jody Green said...

What a great triple play! All three are awesome. I'm so jealous of everyone's coloring skills. The "box of chocolates" sentiment is great. TFS

Jan Mougel said...

All of your cards are pretty. I especially love the mouse, He is really cute.

Diane said...

Fantaatic cards- love your coloring of the mouse-- he is too sweet! I also like that your cards are gender neutral so our military folks can use them to send home to a guy or a gal! Thanks for your support of OWH and our troops!

Cherie said...

I love how you popped that cupcake. It makes the card that much cuter. And those papers with the image are perfect.

Jen R said...

All nice cards, but the one with the trees made me stop and really admire!!! Love the coloring with them. Definitely my favorite! Thank you for supporting OWH!!! radloffjen at cableone dot net

Julie said...

Fantastic cards, Vicki! Love how you showed different takes on one sketch! Happy WCMD!

cissymurphy.com said...

All three cards are truly fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm off to pair Soft Suede and Crushed Curry together. I think that is my favorite of the three cards. I love that combo!

Annie Wills said...

Wow...three great cards. Love your coloring on the first two and the color schemes for all three are perfect!

JoAnn Ross said...

I enjoy doing different takes on a sketch and you so rocked these! And your coloring is awesome sauce! I'm going to have to remember that sponging sun technique; thanks for the inspiration!

Sue D said...

Great cards using this sketch. I like those SU trees too.

Sherry Hickey said...

Wow! You have created three stunning cards, Vicki! My eye (and sweet tooth) keep going back to those darling decorated cupcakes! Great job. Happy WCMD!

Andrea T said...

I like all three of your cards. Nice balance of color, design and images.

crafty-stamper said...

three more brilliant cards love the images and take on the sketch and great sentiment on the first one
carol x

Operation Write Home said...

Love your cards! They're all so nice but since I'm hungry, I'm partial to the first one with the chocolate. LOL!
Happy WCMD!
Sandy

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, you have been busy. These are all fantastic. TFS.

Paula S. said...

Nice variety of designs based on this sketch. The coloring of the mouse is great and the sentiment with it is just adorable. Thanks for joining in the hop today and supporting OWH!

Jennifer said...

These are all wonderful! I Love the sweet Cocoa and chocolates, the amazing trees on the second and the great layers on your third!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful reason to make cards Vicki! each one is so pretty and different even using the same sketch! nice job on these!

Sue said...

Vicki, all the cards are wonderful and what a great cause they are going to. Your work will make someone very happy to be able to send one of these beauties out to a friend or loved one.

hugs
Sue

Chrissy said...

Three fabulous cards Vicki..all the same but oh! so different and unique...love them..

luv CHRISSYxx

Stacy B said...

Vicki, these are such adorable cards. I love the coloring of the mouse in the first one the best...but they are all terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Jessie said...

Vicki, these cards are fantastic! The first one would be great for Valentines day! I love the little mouse and cupcakes! I love the added leaves to the trees in the second card and the sun shining in the corner. And the third card is a great unisex card; love the papers. Happy WCMD!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Hey girfriend,
check out: http://bumblcreate.blogspot.com/2013/10/winner.html

bensarmom said...

Vicki, What a great combination of cards. Love that mouse and the saying that goes with it. Like how you colored the leaves on the trees. Your color combo in the third card is great.

Dixie Cochran said...

Fabulous cards!! It's amazing how different the cards are, and you used one sketch.

Ellen said...

3 fabulous cards for a wonderful cause! That mouse is stinkin' cute! Love your takes on the sketch! Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Ellemn

Lisa Brooks said...

All three cards are lovely. The little candies are colored wonderfully. They look scrumptious! I liked the color and paper choices of the other cards too thank you for sharing your crafting with us.

Kimberly S said...

Such beautiful cards Vicki! Lovely colors, gorgeous coloring, and I am really loving the fall trees you've done with your Copics...so eye catching! :) hugs, Kimberly

Lin said...

Three beautiful cards.

I love the soft browns on the first one and the trees in the second one look amazing, and the third has a lovely combination of orange and brown and texture.

Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

ribenaruby said...

Busy person Vicki my friend!!! Your creations are truly sentimental, I love all of them. Ruby x

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, you have been soooo busy and with such beautiful cards too! Love the little mice on the first card and the CAS design and the 2nd card is so elegant and the colours are beautiful. Your third card has a fab rustic autumnal feel and I love the embossed dots. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend :) Donna :} x ♥

Céline said...

fab card, love the yummy one ;)
fab project
hugs
céline

Kathy S said...

You are very good at shading your images. Love both the mouse shading and the tree shading. Makes your images really pop.

Donna said...

Wonderful cards, Vicki! I love the sketch you chose and you did an amazing job with color, texture and patterns. Thanks for stopping by my blog and linking to me. I'm going to add my name as a follower.

KellyRae said...

Gorgeous cards, Vicki. I like how you made each sketch your own and I LOVE the middle one with the fall images (fabulous coloring).

Tammy said...

Fabulous group of cards Vicki!! I love that sweet mouse image on your first card, and the gorgeous color combo on that last one! Perfect for OWH!
Big hugs, Tammy



Jen said...

I really like all of your cards, wow, they are so pretty! I love the middle one with the fall image, so pretty!

Wishcraft said...

Ooh they're all fab Vicki, gorgeous selection of cards :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Rufus said...

Happy Birthday! Love 'em all, the sentiment on the first, the tree and shading on the second, the corrugated flag on the last. Great bunch of cards and lots of inspiration! Thanks for supporting OWH.
R/

Linda said...

All three are wonderful but I think the middle card steals the show as it is gorgeous! Great color on the trees! tfs!!!

canadian_liner said...

Very cute mousy on your first OWH card--I've seen that sentiment as "all that and a bag of chips!" Great fun on the HOP today. Love your Leo Buscaglia quote, too.

April Story said...

Wow - you were definitely inspired on WCMD. :-) I love all of your cards, but chocolate is always my favorite and that cute little mousy. April

julieprice3 said...

Each card is so pretty but I do love that cute little mouse, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Regina said...

What adorable cards Vicki! You are so creative on World card making day!

sending big hugs Regina

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cards Vicki
luv
Debby

Anneke said...

What a beautiful cards Vicki! hugs Anneke

Teresa said...

3 Fabulous cards Vicki, Simply beautiful,
hugs Teresa x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! These are all so gorgeous I love the sweet image on the first one and the papers and layouts are gorgeous on all of them
Lindsay xx

Michele from MS said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I love the sweet little guy on the 1st one with the popped up chocolate piece. The embossed hearts are the perfect touch! The papers and image colors on the 2nd one are just plain gorgeous! I love the many Thank yous on the last one. You have been busy!! Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us!

Katherine said...

All the cards are great, but especially like how you added the fall leaves to the Lovely as a Tree image!

Marie said...

Stunning looking cards in fabby colours. Thanks for joining us over at CCM this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Ann said...

Wonderful cards! I Great job coloring the mouse and chocolates. I love the fall trees, too. The crimped paper adds great dimension to the last card!

downrightcrafty said...

OMG Vicki what gorgeous eye candy gorgeous cards
Hugs Kate xx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our fall challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks,great job!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks

Donna Mosley said...

These are all gorgeous Vicki, love them all hun.

Donna x

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

wonderful sweet cards!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki these are perfect,. Love all of them. Wonderful take on the sketch. Sorry have not been around. Been in Austin TX caring for my SIL she is doing as well as she can right now. I'm home now and my son Kurt comes over and gives me his cold. Hope things have been well with you.
Hugs, Pat

nwilliams6 said...

How sweet! Heartwarming and precious in every way. Love it! Hugz!

nwilliams6 said...

BTW I was talking about the chocolate card and forgot to mention your other great cards! You did a fab job on all of them as usual! You are so talented girl! Hugz!

Jill Tiffany said...

WOW!! your cards are gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Penny's Paper Crafty this week.
Hugs,
Jill

Pat (mspfd) said...

Amazing creations Vicki. I adore what you did to the Lovely as a Tree set --The addition of the coloring give it a whole new look. Each and every card is beautifully designed.

Camille Short said...

Inspirational!

heather said...

Ohmigoodness, I love every one of your cards ! That mouse image/saying is simply adorable and so beautifully colored =)

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicki your card creations are just so stunningly creative with each one having its own unique character.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shelly Schmidt said...

Goodness- -you are really celebrating! And three fab cards! Love the coloring and dimension of the cupcakes and mouse : ) I love Fall colors- your tree and sponging are so pretty- and love the Thank you card- that is a great idea with the circle Thanks in the center of the text!

Asha said...

Love the sentiment on the first card and Coco is adorable as always. You've certainly rocked all the sketches! Great job, Vicki!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

*Urška* said...

Beautiful cards :)
xxx Urška

Lori said...

Awesome card! Love the colors you used for our FALL challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks! Thanks for joining us!

Nicole said...

Beautiful cards Vick!!!! Hugs, Nicole

Stef H said...

wowza girl! these are all fab-u-lous!!!! fabulous!

hugs :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

All three of these are fabulous. I love the cute mouse and the sentiment, we used to say, "all that and a bag of chips" but now that I think of it, a box of chocolates makes a deeper meaning, lol. Love the tree's scene and the fall colors. Love them!

Donna Nuce said...

I love that you did three different variations on the sketch. The mouse is so cute! Thanks for your support of OWH!

J said...

Aw, what a cute image. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...