"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

More Cards for a Cause...

Welcome to my new followers!  So happy to have you join along here! :)
Please don't forget to enter my birthday blog candy - CLICK HERE!
--------------------------------
Hello my friends and welcome to the start of the weekend! Yay!
I think this week sort of slipped by me without me paying much attention! LOL!  I think I was still operating on last week! Yikes!  Just so many different things going on right now.

I wish I had time to post this yesterday, but unfortunately the day was filled and I couldn't get to my computer much until later in the day, but I was able to work on another set of creations for the

As I had mentioned in my previous post, all of the creations that I'm making this month are going to be donated to somewhere.  They might not all be going to the same places, but they will be donated. :)
I'm so thrilled to be apart of this and plan on making a card for every challenge until I've completed a nice stack to ship off!

So let's get started with the next challenge in line.....
For the HYCCT1305 SCS challenge, it's called "Fighting in Pink Camo" - so we had to use some sort of pink camo somewhere on our creation:
He makes me smile!  I thought of the "fight" taking place with the patients and thought this would not only bring encouragement, but a smile too!  This "ready to fight breast cancer" character can be recognized as the Gruffy Little Gnome from Whimsy Stamps...which is where I got him, but I've changed out his outfit with a pink camo pattern that I made with my Copic markers and the end of his hat is adorned with a pink awareness ribbon for the tassel.  The sentiment came from a sport stamp set in my stash.
The inside of the card also has a pink awareness ribbon with a blank area to write a personal message and then I have a matching envelope with it.

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this in:
Tuesday Throwdown - "Awareness"
The Sisterhood of Crafters - anything goes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next challenge on the list is the HYCCT1306 SCS challenge which is titled "The Many Colors of Cancer".  We were to check out this website - click here - to see the various colors.  Since I'm donating all of my creations to the HYCCT cause, I thought I would go with the Plum color for the honors caregiver ribbon.  There has to be some very special and caring individuals to help those who may be going through one of the most difficult times in their lives.  I'm sure sending a thank you note is something that is needed often!
So here I made a set of three 3x3 note cards with matching envelopes with the monochromatic color of Perfect Plum.  I punched out a Perfect Plum heart and then used my alphabet die to cut out a capital "T" for the front of the note card with my glimmer paper.  Really simple, but effective for sure!

Here are a few challenges for this one:
Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes
Simon Says - Use rubber or clear stamps
Brown Sugar (BSCB-63) - anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Clean and Simple
Stampin' for the Weekend - anything goes (request for creating for "awareness")
------------------------------------------------------

For the next SCS challenge, HYCCT1307 - the title is "Peaceful Leaves" - so they wanted you to make a creation with leaves or a leaf on it.  Love Fall, so this was easy for me...
 I rubbed some chalk over the sentiment and the leaves are all stamped with one single leaf stamp.  I then just added some faux stitching around the edges.  The sentiment has some chalked rubbed over the words and I've popped up the leaves.

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter for this one:

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Autumn - Not Halloween!
CRAFT - Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving
Creative Knockouts - Happy Fall
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So these are my set of creations to add to the pile to be shipped out soon!  I'm still needing to work on my homework for the Clean and Simple cards class, so I know I'll be in my room working on those today as well as trying to catch up with the challenges that I fell behind on...so be looking for another post coming from me later today!  Thanks for popping in!  See you soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

47 comments:

Danni said...

These are all fabulous cards! Love the first one though, so fun and cute!

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki these just lovely, sure love the grumpy gnome one...keep well and have a fab weekend.xx

Margreet said...

Awesome cards Vicki....Gruffy makes me smile!....have a wonderful weekend!
xxx Margreet

Deb said...

Wow, I am so impressed Vicki! YOu go girl! Love this challenge, such a great cause to donate your cards too and a fantastic way to challenge yourself!
All of these cards are so gorgeous, I am sure they will be very gratefully received!
have a great weekend my friend!
Debxx

Sue said...

A wonderful selection of cards Vicki, each one is beautifully designed and I always love the colours you use together.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Wow Vicki, each card is stunning! Love how you colored the little guys sweater and the note cards are fabulous, might have to CAS them!

Suman Pandit said...

Vicki,I liked all the cards but my absolute fav are the plum heart note cards with the glittery T, so elegant !!
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Kelly Griglione said...

Cute cards, Vickie! The colored leaves go so well on your kraft background. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Vicki, all of these are just amazing! your grumpy little guy wearing the camo gave me the giggles. I feel just like that about cancer most days. ;)

the others are so pretty and sure to bring plenty of smiles!

enjoy your weekend!

Basement Stamper said...

You are on a roll girl, all these cards are fabulous. I was really hoping to get some stamping done this weekend and participate-hoping my mojo finds it's way to me.

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful fall leaf card! Love the sentiment and the faux stitching. Your chalking looks fantastic too! Thanks for joining Creative Knockouts challenge!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

what a fantastic sentiment for your fall leaves! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Vicki, LOVE the first one first, he's a cutie.

Donna x

cotnob said...

Such a wonderful selection of cards Vicki, all so very different and each one cleverly designed.
Pauline
x

Shelia said...

Vicki, these are all beautiful cards. I really like the first one with the fun image and the way you colored him!! Your fall leaves are beautiful too. I love this time of the year!! Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs.

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! Fabulous job on each, really love the pretty fall leaves. Have a fabulous weekend my friend! :) hugs, Kimberly

crafty-stamper said...

All beautiful love the great coloured image on the first one,great CAS thank you cards and love the leaves and sentiment on the third one
carol x

bumblebee creations said...

loving your beautiful cards Vicki!! Did you get your package in the mail yet? Please let me know when you do,so I know it is safe and sound! Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Vicki, these are all incredible! I love the first card...for other reasons. I woke up this morning to a houseful of grumpiness.... :o) The wonderful thankyou cards with the envelopes are just wonderful and your stamped leaves and sentiment are so heartwarming! Most of our leaves have fallen and the snow has been starting to come down, although not sticking yet.
Have a beautiful day!

Dewi Lestari said...

All are fabulous! Thanks for joining at CCCC: Autumn
Hugs
Dewi

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OMG Vic your creations are always so amazing! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Linda said...

WOW!!! All are fabulous, love the first and second cards, oh honestly love the third also. Color, textures, everything perfect

Deepti said...

Mini card set is my favorite but actually all the cards are very sweet. Thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this card, the sentiment is PERFECT for this challenge!!!

Thank you for joining us in the FUN as CASology this week!

downrightcrafty said...

blimey lots to read and view today and all gorgeous creations, however I have to go with the first one love that image and the sentiment just perfect
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Love all your cards, the first one I just love that cute image.
luv
Debby

Amy Johnson said...

Wonderful cards! The image is the first one is just fabulous. And the fall card is gorgeous.

Julia Aston said...

What a great set of cards Vicki! I love the colorful camo on the first!

rachel taylor said...

I love your thank you cards thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel DT

Céline said...

Stunning cards Vicki, as usual ;)
hugs
céline

julieprice3 said...

These are lovely Vicki and so worthwhile, I just love that little guy on the first one, serious attitude there
Hugs Julie P

Janice said...

Vickie, what a wonderful cause. Love your plum notes. Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenge!

ribenaruby said...

Lovely collection Vicki! Ruby x

Judy1223 said...

A lovely set of cards, for sure! I love the soft hues on your CASology card, the colors of the crisp leaves are gorgsous and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at CASology!

Berni Cuttino said...

Vicki, beautiful collection. Love them all, especially fond of the first one. What a beauties and eye catching details. Beautifully crafted. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT

Kimberly S said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge too! :) hugs, Kimberly

Del said...

Fab7ulous cards, and all the better as you're donating them all for such great causes. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are all so great and for such a great reason, I love the grumpy imp, lol.

nwilliams6 said...

Great cards Vicki! I would not want to mess with that elf and the purple hearts are wonderful! Sweet stuff my friend! Hugz!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki :-) all of them are fabulous ! :-) I love how you made the pink camo ,, that one has had me stumped :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Asha said...

Whoa! Another superb selection! Ol' Gruffy cracks me up!
hugs,Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Jingle said...

These are great cards! Your autumn card is so lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Patricia St Martin said...

Fantastic cards, each and every one of them. Look at you go girlfriend. I'm totally impressed. Your creativity on the first card and the image you used I love, it is perfect. The leaves sentiment I also love.
Hugs, Pat

michele said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
that's a wonderful idea, cards to donate!
All the cards are adorable! You are so creative! The image on the first card makes me smile!

hugs Regina

Dawn Frost said...

Wow, you're on a roll! I LOVE the top one, that grumpy guy is one of my favourite! Beautiful cards Vicki!

Karin said...

That autumn card is crazy beautiful! Love the simplicity and that stitching :) Thanks for playing along again at DRS Designs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...