"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sharing Some Pink Hope

Hello my friends and happy Sunday to you!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  I'm watching some football with hubby while I'm on the computer this afternoon so I can see how our team does! :)

Today I have made a couple more creations for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on SCS.  I thought I would just do a couple today and then I can work on another set of three cards tomorrow hopefully.
I am happy about being able to use some papers and stamps in my stash that I haven't got to play with yet, so this makes it nice as well.

This first card I have to share with you today is a Criss-Cross type of pocket card.  They are so fun to make and I've made several of them in the past.  The tutorial can be found on SCS - CLICK HERE. (Keep in mind that you will need double-sided decorative papers to do this.)

This is for the HYCCT1316 "Pocket Full of Hope" challenge where we were to make some sort of pocket card or pocket on your design.  You get "bonus points" if you use the color orange or pink and put stars or hearts inside of the pocket.  I wanted to use pink of course because I'm donating my cards.

  I colored the heart border stamp in with my Copic markers and cut out just the top portion of the hearts for something to pull out the insert.  I also stamped another heart from the stamp, cut it out and placed it in the middle of my bow.  The "Hope" circle sentiment is from Squigglefly.  I thought it was perfect for this challenge.  I've just used some liquid pearls to go around the scallops on the pink circle.

I would like to enter this in:
SCS HYCCT1316 - Pocket Full of Hope
allsorts - ribbons & bows
The Squirrel & The Fox - Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
-----------------------------------------

For this creation, I made a tall and slender card for the SCS HYCCT1317 "Stand Tall" challenge where we were supposed to make a tall card.  This one measures approx. 3 1/2" wide by 6 1/4" tall.  I have special envelopes that fit these type of cards.  I like finding my really long images to use with this style of design.
The ribbon hope image is from The Cutting Cafe.  I printed it out on Whisper White card stock and colored it in.  I also printed out an additional one so that I could cut out some of the flowers and then I popped them up on my colored version.  I also took my green glitter pen to color in the vines because they printed out black and I wanted a bit of color on it.  The "thank you" sentiment comes from the Stampin' Up! Four You stamp set that I recently won from a blog hop.

I'm entering this creation in:
HYCCT1317 - "Stand Tall"

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creations!
**Don't forget to enter my Birthday Blog Candy if you haven't yet!**
There's still time!
I'll be checking out what you are all doing now!  See you soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

35 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Vicki, both of these are just beautiful! you are so kind to make these to donate for HYCCT. isn't it just the best crafty party?! I have so much fun playing along! :)

Berni Cuttino said...

Vicki both creations are beautiful, but I am partial to the first, so pretty in pink, love all of the details.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful card but love the criss cross one beautiful sentiment and gorgeous bow,love the B.papers and all the hearts
carol x

Sue said...

Two more stunning cards Vicki. I love the criss cross design and the wonderful image on your second card is coloured so beautifully.
hugs Sue xx

Asha said...

Both cards equally pretty. I can't decide which I like better. So I'll take 'em both, thank you very much! :-)
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

bumblebee creations said...

oh I love it--you have used SF and TCC!! Love both of them...so encouraging, perfect!!

Kristie said...

Beautiful cards, Vicki!! I especially love the ribbon one, fabulous shading on it!

Sue said...

Oh Vicki, both cards are wonderful and the sentiments are lovely. Anyone fighting this battle would be so appreciative to receive one of these. Nice work.

Hugs
Sue

Amy Johnson said...

Such beautiful inspirational cards. I especially love the heart border on the first card.

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, these are so wonderful! Inspirational, sweet, and lovely. Have I shared with you that my Mom has Breast Cancer (stage 4)? This cause is very near to my heart. Wonderfully done! Hugz!

Chrissy said...

Hi! Vicki...two gorgeous cards..I love the first one..those hearts are gorgeous and love the sentiment..and your breast awareness card is fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Both cards are just so special and gosh those images are adorable...good luck in these challenges...love aNNIe xxxxxx

Patti J said...

You have been SO busy! Your cards are all wonderful! You should become a Chemo Card Angel, dear friend...you would make someone very happy! Thanks for sharing...hugs!

Suman Pandit said...

Wonderful cards, Vicki !! love your commitment to the cause !!
http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Céline said...

fab cards Vicki, love especially the criss cross
hugs
céline

Margreet said...

2 gorgeous cards Vicki...love the Hope circle sentiment!

Teresa said...

These two cards are beautiful Vicki, really love your criss cross card.
Big hugs Teresa xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh my love them both but the second one the colouring and the elegance is fabulous, thanks for all your comments :)
Hugs Kate xx

Michele from MS said...

I love the fun shape of the 1st card and the heart border and pearls on the scalloped sentiment are beautiful! Wonderful shading on the 2nd card and the added dimension of the flower really brings it to life. Keep those great ideas coming!! Have a great day

Anneke said...

hello Vicky
this is so lovely en funny shape and i like it.
you are a follower from me and my blog url has changed from scrapcardsfromlasize into
http://cardsvintageandmore.blogspot.nl
hugs to you.
Ann

Tammy said...

Both cards are beautiful but the criss cross card is just outstanding, especially the sentiment!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are both beautiful.

Sue said...

Wonderful cards Lady! I always get a "pick me up" and fabulous ideas when I visit your blog :)

Tammy said...

Both cards are gorgeous Vicki! Fabulous designs and coloring, I love that criss-cross card!!
Hugs, Tammy

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Vicki, Both cards are spectacular. The first card is amazing with all the wonderful details. I just love the second card. The image is beautiful and your coloring is amazing.

Thanks so much for the wonderful comment on my bee birdie card. So sorry to hear you lost your computer and all the DP images. Laurie has added a lot of new freebies. So check them out and join in the challenges so you can get the free featured set each month.

cotnob said...

Two beautiful cards Vicki, I love the criss-cross design and lovely hearts on the first one and the fabulous clean design of the second one.
Pauline
x

Kimberly S said...

They are both gorgeous Vicki! Such pretty coloring, and I love the dimension you were able to add on both cards with the sentiment and then the flowers. Simply beautiful! hugs, Kimberly

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely pink creations Vicki! love the hearts along the insert on the first - and the layered blooms on the'ribbon'!

Dawn Frost said...

I haven't done a criss cross card in a while. I LOVE how they look perfect papers, great pearls!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, fabulous design!

Heléne Ericsson said...

I love the hearts! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week ,hope to see you soon again.

julieprice3 said...

Very sweet, I love the little hearts across the top, very effective
Hugs Julie P

ribenaruby said...

How stunning Vicki, especially the tall one! Take care my friend. Ruby x

Divinity said...

this card is definitely the best at this fancy fold that i've seen -- EVER!

MagsB said...

Both of these are so lovely! The criss-cross card has such gorgeous embellies and a wonderful sentiment; the CAS one is so classy! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

love Mags B x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...