"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Very Merry Christmas 4 Kids!

Hello friends and welcome to Friday! Yay!  The weekend is here and I have lots to be happy about!  I hope that you do as well!

I was so exhausted last night as I wanted to do some blurfing, but I think hubby and I fell asleep really early in the living room last night!  Having a poorly doggie up in the middle of the night must have wore me out this week!  I feel rested now and I really look forward to getting my new computer which is supposed to arrive today and having some time with my family.  I should be able to be in my craft room this weekend and obviously spend some time on the computer too! :)

Anywho....for today's creation, I wanted to be sure to make up a Christmas card:
Isn't this such a CUTE set?  I can't believe this is the first time that I've used this Very Merry clear photopolymer stamp set from Avocado Arts!  I think I am sold on these clear photopolymer stamp sets!  Talk about easy to eyeball placement!  Everything is inked exactly where I want it and the images stick really well to the blocks!  This was a win several months back and I just hadn't got it out to use yet.  I am now a fan! :)

The stamp set came with a "squiggle" line for the tree and I stamped that in Versamark and embossed it with silver embossing powder.  I added a bow at the top and colored that in and used some silver Stickles for the dots on the tree, in the middle of the bow and the dot for the "i" in Christmas.  I've put a layer of silver card stock around the sentiment at the top and around the main card panel.  I stamped each present in different colors and stamped the bow and colored it in solid with a coordinating marker.

This card along with about 29 other Christmas cards are going to the Send a Smile 4 Kids organization as they have requested some early Christmas cards so they would be distributed to all of the children in time for when Christmas gets here.  So happy to get out a package by Monday.

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Early Holiday wishes 4 kids
Less is More - Trees
Papertake Weekly - Oh Christmas Tree
Aud Sentiments - Christmas sentiment

So I hope that you all enjoy your weekend!  I thank you so much for taking the time to stop by to see what's going on!  I have a commissioned card that really needs to get done this weekend...don't know if that lady follows my blog or not, but I'm coloring in images and hopefully finish up this special card this weekend!
Then it's back to the HYCCT challenges which I've obviously fallen way behind on now. :)

Please don't forget about my blog candy!  Ends in a few days now!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

32 comments:

Stef H said...

makes me wish i was a kid... like the one who'll be getting this! super, super cute!

have a great weekend!

hugs:)

Kimberly S said...

What a sweet card Vicki, and definitely perfect for a child! Hope your weekend is a good one, and have fun with that new computer! :) hugs, Kimberly

Danni said...

Have fun with the new computer! Very nice card! although I'm in denial that Christmas is coming!

Céline said...

fab design, perfect for a man
hugs
céline

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the design and wonderful decorated tree.
I hope you have fun with your new computer and a fabulous weekend too.
hugs Sue xx

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I love the shiny paper and the sparkly tree.

julieprice3 said...

Very sweet, I can't believe how quickly Christmas is sneaking up on us, I'll have to get a wriggle on with my Christmas cards, Lovely Christmas card Vicki
Hugs julie P

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is gorgeous I do love the clean and simple style it always looks so professional, the tree and sentiment look super.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Super cute card, love the Christmas tree!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant and sweet card again, really makes one feel like having Christmas now....xx

Berni Cuttino said...

This is so beautiful, the perfect holiday card, fab coloring.
Hugs

Chrissie said...

This is great Vicki... and one less Christmas card to make before the big day!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Davi said...

Vicki, I love this cas Christmas Card, its beautiful!! Rest is good for the body ;) Sorry to take so long to get here to see all your lovely creations my friend the past two weeks have been over the top around here :)

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous CAS Christmas card and perfect for a child and a great cause
Carol x

Deb said...

your card is so gorgeous, love the 'tinsel' on the tree! Sorry to hear about your sleepless nights, hope you little dog is feeling better soon!

Debxx

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
so a joyful Christmas card. Your Christmas tree has a beautiful decoration!

sending hugs Regina

Nicole said...

Very cute, Vicki!!! An absolute gorgeous Chrismascard. Hugs, Nicole

Donna said...

Stunning CAS design Vicki, a really fab festive card, gets me all excited for Christmas now :) Donna ♥ x

downrightcrafty said...

hiya hun, hope your well, loving the detailing on this tree and the sentiment font is gorgeous a great card
Hugs Kate xx

Michele from MS said...

Hi Vicki ~ I love how well the green card base matches the ink of the tree and sentiment. The foil paper, embossing powder and stickles are so pretty! What a wonderful card!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I love the bling on the tree! What a great job of decorating it, Vicki! Really hope the pup is feeling better and you can get some rest. :-D

Asha said...

I love how your cards always have a polished and professional finish.... and this kiddie card is no exception. Bless you for this beautiful gesture to put a smile on a child's face. Hope Mocca is feeling better.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

nwilliams6 said...

Love that silver embossed line - perfect idea. This is a great CAS Christmas card - very well done my friend. Hugz!

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Vicki, I love the bold primary colours.
Pauline
x

Tammy said...

Fabulous Christmas card Vicki, I love the sparkly embossing!!
Hugs, Tammy

Shirley said...

How pretty and Christmas yummmy!! Love what you did with the trim for the tree too! Love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

Yep. I need to make some more holiday cards too! Fun stuff girlie!

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing your card with us at Aud Sentiments.
Good luck.xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So super cute.

Clotee S said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...