"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, November 8, 2013

A Very Merry Elf for Friday Freebie!

Hello my friends!  The weekend is ALMOST here! Yay!
I for one am READY for this week to be over!  It's been a bit crazy around my house and it's been really hard to find time to stop and create let alone post or do some blurfing!
So I hope I can find some "peaceful" time to stamp this weekend!

I do have something fun to share with you today!
Bugaboo comes out with a digital stamp FREEBIE every Friday and today I'd like to share with you the new one that is being served up to you today...
I think this little guy is too cute! He looks like a happy little working elf getting ready for Christmas which is coming very soon!  This image is called AKV (which stands for "A Kid's View") elf-ornament.  And you can get him as a Friday Freebie!  Just CLICK HERE to get him for FREE!

I thought it would be fun to add some glitter to his ornament with some gold Stickles and I've used some of my gold glitter paper for a couple of stripes going across the middle.  I also punched out a couple of circles from the gold glitter paper to add to the ends of my sentiment.
I've also put some liquid applique on his hat trim.
I was so happy to pull out some older papers from my huge paper stash to use it up.  I thought it went well with his greenish outfit.  I also added a fun "loopy" border with my border punch at the top.  I didn't want this to look too fancy as this is such a playful image.  The "Very Merry" sentiment comes from an Avocado Arts clear stamp set.

Here are a few challenges that I'd like to enter this card for:
allsorts - Christmas Cheer
Send a Smile 4 Kidz - Happy Holidays 4 Kidz (Bugaboo is sponsoring!)
Created with Love (CWL#65) - Christmas Reds & Greens
Papertake Weekly - anything goes (with optional Christmas)
Fab 'N' Funky - Traditional Christmas Colors
CRAFT - Christmas

So I hope you will be sure to grab your Friday Freebie today and perhaps play in a challenge or two with it!  It's so fun and easy to color in...and there really is several possibilities with it!  If you'd like to see more inspiration with this image, then be sure to stop on over at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the design team has come up with for you using this darling image!

Thanks so much for checking in with me today friends!
I will be back again tomorrow with some more inspiration to share with you, so I do hope you will stop by again to check out what's going on!!  Have a fabulous Friday!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

22 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki, awesome card and hey I have a lot of AKV images and never knew what it meant, thanks for the info...this is one heck of a freebie, you are lucky to be showing your wonderful talent on Bugaboo blog.xxxx

have an awesome weekend..

Tammy said...

Cute card and terrific freebie! Love the glitter, just perfect!

Stef H said...

love this! all your elements are spectacular!!!

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Vicki! Love the fun image and your great design with it!

Chris Hanselman said...

Great looking card. Love the image!!Thanks for joining our Red and Green Christmas Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the cheery image and beautiful colours.
hugs Sue xx

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card and all the glitter.

NanaConnie said...

I just happened to get this darling elf a few minutes ago, Vicki, and I think you've colored him so adorably. Love the white fur on his hat! Great paper and glitter. :-D

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness - he is so sweet! Love this card, Vicki! As always, you make me smile :) Must go nab this sweetie myself! Thanks for the inspiration, and the info on the digi! Hugs...

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh Vikki this is darling love that image and your coloring is great.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
Linda K. DT

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun Christmas Card. Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Ellen said...

Super cute image and fabulous colouring! Love the added sparkle and puffy fur! This card just makes me smile!
Hugs
Ellen

crafty-stamper said...

cute elf and love the fantastic colouring on the bauble
Carol x

Donna said...

A really fun card Vicki, love the loopy die and sweet little elf...you've got sparkle too! :) Donna ♥ x

Céline said...

so cute Vicki, love the image and glitter ribbon
hugs
céline

julieprice3 said...

Wonderful Christmas creation, such a cute image, nice work my friend
Hugs Julie P

Ciska said...

Great Christmas CAS card Vicki, really cute image too! Thank you for linking up with us this week @ Fab 'n Funky :)

Kimberly S said...

Wonderful Christmas card Vicki, the elf is so sweet! Love your hat trim, so fun, and the touches of glitter are prefect! hugs, Kimberly

nwilliams6 said...

Your coloring brings this to life and I love the dimension! Fun! Hugz!

Regina said...

so a funny elf! I like the glitter on the card and your coloring is wonderful!
sending big hugs
Regina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh your little elf is perfect! I love this image and the bling you added. Fabulous.

ribenaruby said...

Cute elf, love this fab image! Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...