"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Comissioned Card Goes to Cake Boss!

Hello friends!
I would like to start this post for thoughts and prayers for all of those people who have lost their homes and suffered during the horrible Midwest Tornado on Sunday.  It was about 40 miles away from where I live (Washington, IL) and I did some checking to make sure everyone I knew near that area was O.K.  Luckily the people I know seem to be OK with houses still standing.  They have created a special recovery Facebook page for people to come looking for loved ones, pets, shelter, meals and more.  So please check it out if you'd like to help or know someone who needs help.  I know my local area is now setting up lots of areas to drop off non-perishable goods, water, bleach, soap, etc that has been set up by The Red Cross and will be going to those in need for that area.  Appreciate any and all help from everyone!

My step-son is in the National Guard and lives near the area.  Although he wasn't called in, he has been over there volunteering his help anyway.  So proud of him!
------------------------------------
I have been meaning to post this card for a few weeks and never got it done, but I had so much fun creating this card for a customer:
There is a story behind this creation:  my customer who ordered this card had a nephew that is a HUGE "Cake Boss" fan and he received a ticket to his show coming up at the end of this month to go see him!  It's such a big deal because this is a young boy and really idolizes him!  He is lucky enough to be able to meet him in person back stage as well!  All she told me was to come up with something with the greeting that I've used at the top of this design!  I thought YIKES!! :)

So of course my mind turned to the adorable Chef Edwin images!  I was concerned about having a "little" chef next to a regular sized Edwin Chef...but I think it worked out just fine!  If you click on the Chef Edwin image above, you'll see that he looks a bit different than what I have on my card.  I cut out his pasta colander and added a rolling pin image he's holding!  I've used a mini Chef Edwin and placed him sitting on top of the slice of cake! :)  And of course this card is from a boy going to a man, so I didn't want too much of the lace, sparkle and ribbon on it.  However, I did find some fun cupcake paper that happened to be blue for the background.  Then I just added the computer generated sentiment and thought it would be fun to mimic the buttons on their chef jackets and placed some silver brads next to the sentiment.  And although I didn't take a photo of the inside of my card, I added the sentiment:  "Thanks for inspiring me!" :)

I was happy with how it turned out and she seemed to be really happy with it as well...so of course that was all I needed to know!  So this is an honor for me to make a creation knowing that a celebrity will be receiving it!  I was so happy to have made this for the occasion and share in the excitement with those surrounding this event!  Hoping this young chef has a great time! :)

Here are some challenges I found to enter this one for:
Send a Smile 4 Kids - anything goes
Fab 'N' Funky - anything goes (birthday celebration)
Created with Love (CWLC67) - anything goes

So I hope you've enjoyed my creation today!  Hopefully I can get a few minutes this evening so I can see what you've all been up to and I'd like to create a few things in my stamp room today!  I will have some more fun things coming up soon for you on my blog, so please keep watching here! :)
Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate it!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

34 comments:

Mary Lou said...

OMG Vicki this is AWESOME!!!! What a great opportunity!!! A little 10 yr old girl in my church just got tickets and she is sooooo EXCITED!!!! She will be going tomorrow in Green Bay, Wisconsin . Happy day and thoughts and prayers for all the hurting people in your area!!!
Bigg hugs

Anneke said...

hello Vicky
i love this card with his cute and adorable image.
your coloring is realy perfect.
hugs to you.
Ann

Chris Hanselman said...

Darling image. Love the way you have the little guy on the cake. Very creative. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Tammy said...

Glad to know you and your's are all safe and sound! You card is absolutely fantastic, the cake looks good enough to eat!

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely yummy Vicki, you've done a wonderful job with it! Love it all. Ruby x

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Vicki this is absolutely stunning. Love the images. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT

Deb said...

So glad that you weren't in harms way and that no one you knew was hurt! I immediately thought of you when I heard where it was!
Your card is so fabulous! what fun that it is going to the cake boss himself, I bet he will love it!
Debxx

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I think it turned out great with the two Edwins, I think that boy is going to love this.

Sue said...

So glad that you and yours are safe Vicki, my heart goes out to those who have suffered.
Your card is amazing, a really clever and fabulous design.
hugs Sue xx

Joan Ervin said...

You have created the perfect card for him, Vicki...this looks fabulous!!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the two Edwins!!!!

Kjersti said...

A beautiful card Vicki!
Have a great week!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Shirley said...

Too too cute for words,Vicki!! Love the colors, the painting, and all! How warm and wonderful! How did you do the faux stitching? or did the die come that way?

Amy Johnson said...

too cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, So glad to hear you made it just fine. The first thought for me was my friends that live in those areas and praying everyone would be safe.
These are the perfect images for a cake boss. It make me smile with the Chef Edwin in the background. The cup cake paper is a nice touch.
Hugs, Pat

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

Oh how awesome!!! My mom LOVES watching Cake Boss. I will have to show her your card. It is fabulous and the little boy going to meet him will love it.

I'm glad you are safe as well as those you know. How kind of your stepson to donate his time to help those who need it.

Davi said...

What a perfect card for cake boss Vicki! Little Edwin is to cute, you did a fab job my friend!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki, your card is so stunning.. I love your colouration und your design is perfect....

Hugs
Anja

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness Vicki you so nailed it! The little chef on top of the cake is adorable!

Céline said...

so fab card Vicki, love those Edwin
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

fabulous card love the images and colouring,great distressing and paper and for a celebrity ooh
Carol x

Sue said...

Vicki, what a cute card and quite a story. That young man is going to have some great memories. WOW, your card is going to the Cake Boss, how exciting!! LOVE IT

Hugs
Sue

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, your post is so interesting! I loved reading this story and how it inspired your card. This card is so wonderful and so fun. You did a fabulous job creating just the right look and feel. Perfect job. Fun, fun, fun!!! Hugz!

Patti J said...

Great post, Vicki, and your card is wonderful! Mmmmm....chocolate! I have a dear friend, whose son is a chef for Love's Chocolate (I guess they are called chefs?). This made me think of him! Thanks for sharing :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable!
I'm so glad you were not affected and that you and your home are still standing. So scarry!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki! Adorable images and fabulous design!!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

How absolutely fabulous!!! This card is just perfect for your friend- the Edwin image is so cute. I did not know you were also from Illinois : ) Glad all of your friends are safe in the Washington area!

Ellen said...

The little chef meets the big chef~Perfect card for the occasion Vicki! Have a great weekend!!

Kimberly S said...

Oh, what a yummy Edwin card Vicki! So sweet, and beautifully colored. Love the little image "cake topper" too, so cute! :) hugs, Kimberly

Jennifer said...

Vicki, this is just scrumptious! Love the little guy on the cake!

Sue from Oregon said...

How very cool...I do hope the Cake Boss is tickled with this fun creation Vicki-it is a great mixture of papers, colors and images fit for any celebrity!

Asha said...

Gosh!!! Edwin looks soooo cute all dressed up like a chef. Of course that cake is a "huge" distraction! lol.
It's the perfect card for your friend.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Donna said...

Gotta love a bit of cake boss and totally love your card too...brilliantly done! :) Donna ♥ x

Regina said...

Oh, Vicki, your card is yummy, yummy!
So lovely images and your layout is great!

hugs Regina

Holly Gwilliams said...

Great card.

Thank you for playing along at Created With Love this week.

Holly
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...