"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Crazy 4 Frames!

Hello my friends and welcome to the weekend! Yay!

So today starts another new challenge over at
Crazy 4 Challenges
This time, they would like to see you "Put a Frame On It!" 
(You can put or use a frame on your card in whatever way you'd like!)
Since I don't really have any frames, I thought that I would just create my own with a stamp...
I thought it would be cool if I could take one of my flourish border stamps and use it to create a frame.  So I took my Christmas style flourish border image from the HOTP Merry & Bright clear stamp set (Please note that this link will take you to a digital file...the clear stamp set is not available any longer.) and lined it up to create a frame and I also embossed it with silver embossing powder.

I then took the tree, greeting and snowflake stamp to create a "scene" to place behind the "frame" I created and glued it to the back of the cut out frame.  I also added some glitter to the middle of the snowflakes.  I then layered a dry embossed brown panel behind it to give the appearance of a wood grain texture on my design, matted with metallic silver cardstock and added the finishing ribbons and button.  I also flipped up the edges of the embossed frame to give it a bit of dimension.

I had so much fun putting together this frame and hope to create some more of them using different stamps!  If you'd like to see some more inspiration with frame designing, then be sure to check out the creations from the rest of the design team at Crazy 4 Challenges!

Here are a few other challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Penny's Paper Crafty - Lots of Layers (there are 4 not including card base)
Charisma Cardz - anything goes
Alphabet Challenge - 'T' for Twine
Beccy's Place - A month of Holiday Cards (trees)

So I hope you will find the time to "get your frame on" and play along with us! I'd love to see what you come up with for it!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I will be back again with your shortly!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

27 comments:

Ellen said...

Fantastic frame you created Vicki! Love the natural yet classy feel to your fabulous card!
Hugs

Ellen

aussie aNNie said...

Very stylish Christmas card...lovely stamp and design...I am doing one for Beccy's Place where she requires a Christmas tree on a card...if you want to check it out...
http://beccysplace.blogspot.com.au

Luv aNNIe xx/

downrightcrafty said...

wow gorgeous so beautiful
hugs Kate xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card, a gorgeous design, I love how you have made the frame and the colours are beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

Basslady said...

a wonderful and very striking card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Tammy said...

Very festive! Love how you have framed the image and such pretty colors!

crafty-stamper said...

love the embossed back panel and great frame,gorgeous bow and image
Carol x

Stef H said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! oh! did i tell you this is gorgeous!!!!

hugs :)

Betty Wright said...

Love the silvery embossing on the frame! Lovely card, Vicki!

Donna said...

Scrummy card Vicki, reminds me of mint choc chip ice-cream. A really stunning and elegant design :) Donna ♥ x

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki, I love this color combo!!
Hugs, Tammy

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful frame, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is so elegant what a beautiful design, love your choice of colours.
hugs
lorraine x

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

Somehow I missed you were on the C4C team, awesome!!

Very elegant card and I love the embossed frame around your image.

Joanne (jojot) said...

regal and elegant...esp. love the irregularity of the framing....really catches the eye and draws one in

Beccy said...

I love the colours you chose for this card Vicki, and that frame is amazing! What a great way to extend the use of a stamp. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

paper fun said...

Very pretty. A very lovely shade of green.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Kimberly S said...

Such a pretty holiday card Vicki! Beautiful job creating your frame! hugs, Kimberly

nwilliams6 said...

Wow is this ever pretty! Wonderful image and details but the colors really make this standout! Gorgeous! Hugz - lots of them!

mazza said...

this is lovely I love how you have 'framed' the image.
Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

Jennifer LaVite said...

Oh so pretty. Love the frame. Thanks for playing at Alphabet Challenges.

Regina said...

a very expressive card! Wonderful design!

hugs Regina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous tree! I love the embossed wood bg with this and the colors and design are perfect.

Laurian said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Asha said...

Very elegant, Vicki. I have that clear stamp from HOTP. Good thing I got that set when I did!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

ribenaruby said...

Very elegant dear friend! Ruby x

Sigrids kreative ART said...

Wonderful christmas card!
Sigrid

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...