"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'M All EARS!

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a good week so far!
It's been REALLY chilly here lately and even snowed the other night!  We rarely see any snowfall in November.  I think a couple of years back at Thanksgiving, my family was outside playing basketball! LOL!!  So with my thermometer reading 16 degrees right now in the middle of November is just a bit cold!  I usually don't mind it, but I really don't want to skip Fall either!

So today I have a quick post that I wanted to share with you.  I know that I've bombarded you with several posts over the weekend and I've been working on some other things "behind the scenes" that will all be shared with you in due time.  But for now, here's a sweet and fun NON-stamped project...yep...I only printed this time!  GASP!
LOL!!  I think this guy is just too funny and sweet!  I saw on the Operation Write Home blog during a new sketch challenge that they were showcasing some creations made with two digital stamp sets by Doodle Pantry.  They are having a special fund raiser that when you buy this special two set piece (Missing You & With Heart) together, they will donate a portion of the sales towards Operation Write Home!  I thought this was such a cool idea as postage is so expensive these days, so I sure wanted to help! :)  You get so many different elements in the sets to play with!....and some are already colored in for you...which is what I have used above along with the digital papers. - CLICK HERE for complete details.

I did print out an additional elephant so that that I could pop out the ears a bit for dimension and I also added some crystal effects over the heart which is hard to see in the photo.  I thought this would make for a great "any occasion" card, but it has some valentine sentiments in the set as well which would really make some cute Valentines.

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this in:
Operation Write Home - Sketch #198
Doodle Pantry (DPDC40) - any digi goes! (from any company)
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Black and Blue
Shopping Our Stash (SOS127) - Use something left on your desk (button)
Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - Add a sentiment

So that's it for me today friends!  Hope you've enjoyed my NON-stamped card and check out the Operation Write Home on how you can help out! ;)
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a good one!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

46 comments:

L.Wilson said...

Oh my, this is absolutely adorable!!! What a terrific idea to pop those ears out. Thank you for supporting OWH by getting this set! ALso thanks for entering the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 40 and for using a DP illustration.

ribenaruby said...

I Love your non-stamped card my friend!!! What a marvellous thing you're doing for a good cause. Take care. Ruby x

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Vicki! That elephant is adorable and you made a wonderful card to showcase it! Great cause, too!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my Vicki - how adorable is this little ellie - the colors are so crisp and clean - what a sweet card!

Shana Gaff said...

What a sweet ellie! I love the background dsp you used and how you popped out his ears. So cute! Thanks for joining us at ATSM in our Anything Goes challenge. :)

Asha said...

Oh he's tooo cute! Love the sweet colour combo too. Anyways, you keep your ears nice and warm my friend! LOL
xxx Asha

Tammy said...

Love the adorable elephant! Goes great with the the dotty background! Great card!

Danni said...

This is adorable and just way too sweet!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, that elephant is just adorable and I love the papers.
hugs Sue xx

Stef H said...

to darn caute!!!!! LOL

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this could not be cuter Vicki. Thanks so much for supporting OWH by purchasing the bundle. Love your gorgeous creation and so glad you joined up for DPDC40!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is absolutely adorable that is such a cute image and I love those papers they really make this card 'pop'
hugs
lorraine x

downrightcrafty said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww Vicki so cute lovely colouring and a great card
Hugs Kate xx

Patti J said...

Ohmygosh! This is adorable, Vicki! Love it! You've done such a great job...those ears are darling all popped up! Thanks for sharing :-)

Donna said...

Adorable card, Vicki! Love the popped up ears. And I love these sets too. I had to get them as soon as I saw them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki so so so adorable just love those cheeks. Your paper works really well this little guy. Great job with the shading. Love you are supporting OWH, have cards that need sending.
Hugs, Pat

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

The elephant is sooo cute and I love his ears :-) Nice card, Vicki!

Tammy said...

Oh my Vicki this is so cute!! I love that image and his fabulous layered ears!
Hugs, Tammy

Berni Cuttino said...

Awe, can you hear me now, I am so darn cute, look at my ears, so precious and fun. fav coloring.
Hugs

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous card and so cute too.
luv
Debby

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
a sweet card and the little elephant is cute with the big ears!

sending Autumn sunshine greetings
Regina

CaroleAnn said...

Vicki
First I am glad I found you again! Missed you but I love your card and the popping of the ears was so clever! Just a super card. Big Hugs and you will have created a smile for someone with this card for sure!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

wow wow....love your card.... the matching paper with the background behind the image is awesome! Thanks for the inspiration! Thank you for joining our November Doodle Pantry Challenge #40.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

wow wow....love your card.... the matching paper with the background behind the image is awesome! Thanks for the inspiration! Thank you for joining our November Doodle Pantry Challenge #40.

Amy Johnson said...

This is just TOO cute!

NanaConnie said...

So adorable, Vicki! I love that you're helping to spread the word about OWH and the fundraiser. Thank you so much. :-D OK, now DT hat time -- I love that you're playing along in Challenge #40 at Doodle Pantry, too. Enjoy your free set -- a gift from Laurie for using a Doodle Pantry image on your challenge card.
NanaConnie DT

Céline said...

so gorgeous! love the elephant
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous card and love the cute elephant sticky out ears and all,pretty papers and for a great cause -off to check it out
Carol x

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! just so adorable Vicki, love the very sweet image.

Donna x

Leslie Hanna said...

I saw these digital images at OWH - so cute seeing them used here! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Kimberly S said...

So sweet Vicki! Beautiful coloring, and a fabulous layout! :) hugs, Kimberly

Angela said...

Adorable...love the touches of black! Thank you for joining us at Doodle Pantry!

Davi said...

Oh my gosh Vicki is this the sweetest cutest card!! I love your little sweet elephant and your layers are always sooo perfect :) Have a great weekend!

vicki said...

Hi vicki aww cute image I just love it :) beautiful colouring too! Cant wait to see what you have been working on :)

Stay warm and I hope you have a lovely day
Hugs
Vic

Linda Anderson said...

Awwwww Vicki, this is one adorable card! Thanks for purchasing the fundraiser bundle. You're so right, so many fabulous images and sentiments. Also, thanks for joining us for the latest Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

Super cute Vicki! Love all those polka dots and big ears! have a wonderful weekend!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Your Elefanth is so cute.. I love it...

Great card design.

XOXO
Anja

Teresa said...

Oh this is so cute! xx

Sue said...

What a cute little Elephant. Love the colors and papers you chose too.

Hugs
Sue

Basement Stamper said...

Love this image, so cute!

julieprice3 said...

He's just gorgeous! Too Cute!!
Hugs Julie P

Nonni said...

How very very cute! I love your layout and papers. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

nwilliams6 said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Darling image and really sweet card. This is the kind of card that would really make a friend feel special. Hugz!

Laurian said...

What an adorable card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute, love this image and the polka dots are so fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...