"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

It's a Western Round-Up!

Howdy friends!  I'm feeling a little bit Country today! :)

There's a new theme challenge up at the
Catch the Bug Challenge Blog
and they would like to see your "Western style" designs
I couldn't believe just how many adorable western themed images there are at Bugaboo, so I decided to go with this cute lil partner...
This adorable cowboy is called Wee Ones Cowboy - Howdy from Bugaboo.  He comes with the "Howdy" sentiment, but it's separate from the image...which I really like!  So even though it looks like I've used the image exactly as it's shown on the website, I had put them together on my computer to make one image and then printed it out.  I like the fact that I can choose to put the sentiment wherever I want or print it out separate from the image.

I also had so much FUN putting this card together too!  This would be a perfect card for my dad because he just loves those Country Western shows/movies and has a collection of them.  So whenever I think of cowboys, I think of my dad. :)  What I think is also nice about this card was the fact that I was able to use up some more of my REALLY old papers!  It's so nice to be able to pull from those things and actually USE it...instead of always buying new!
The lasso was super easy to create with some natural jute that I had thrown in the back of a drawer.
The card stock, papers and border sticker is from an old packet of CTMH scrapbook stuff that I had gotten for free years ago from somewhere...pretty bad, huh?!  The papers weren't already "worn and beat up" like it shows, I actually sanded around the edges of the papers and card stock. :)

I would like to enter this one in a few other challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles - Tribute to a Loved One (my dad)
Divas by Design - Use a Digi
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Daring Cardmakers - Other Occasions (Not Christmas or Birthday)

So I hope you will giddy up on over to the Catch the Bug challenge blog to be inspired by the rest of the design team with their "Western Round-Up" creations as well!  Hope you will play along with us as I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!  Remember if you use a Bugaboo image for the challenge, your chances of winning increase! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by as I know it seems that I'm posting all at once now! LOL!
I still have just ONE more post for you later this evening and I hope you will join me for some even MORE challenge fun!  Have a lovely Saturday my friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

30 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

cute image you don't see many cowboy cards bet it's not played much nowadays sadly,great lassoo embellishments -we have both made tribute cards to our Dads this week
Carol x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicky, the image is adorable. I love your lasso and gorgeous papers.
hugs Sue xx

Donna said...

Too cute and adorable Vicki, love the wood effect papers and sweet little cowboy. Such great detail with the string too! :) Donna ♥ x

Shirley said...

He is totally adorable and the card is so fun! Love how you used the 'old' papers too!!

Shirley said...

The card is lovely, Vicki, and the oldy but goody image is wonderful with the others!!

mulberry station said...

Vicky, What a darling card. You have colored him up perfectly. I love the added lassel. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
Hugs, Nancy

Cindy Groh said...

Super cute. Love the twine all wrapped up.

Tammy said...

Oh my, this is adorable Vicki, I love that fun Bugaboo image and his lasso!!
Hugs, Tammy

julieprice3 said...

What a cutie, I love that little rope lassoo, so clever
Hugs Julie P

Tammy said...

Your western card is positively cuteness! Love the great background and the lasso is the perfect embellishment!

Wishcraft said...

Such a cute image and the lasso is a genius finishing touch, fab card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is totally adorable that is such a cute image love the colours.
hugs
lorraine x

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

Oh this is SO cute, Vicki!!! Love the lasso embellie, perfect touch!

NanaConnie said...

Too cute, Vicki! How did I ever overlook this sweet little cowboy? Now I have to go find him and bring him home with me. :-D

Ardilla said...

Supercute!!!!!!!!!!!
Your card just poped up on my dashboard... it´s beautiful, love the idea of the rope as embellishment.
Have a great weekend, Vicky!
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Jennifer said...

This is a yee haw card! Love the lasso and the great background!

MiamiKel said...

Oh he is so sweet,Vicki! Delightful coloring and the small rope is just adorable!! <3

theresa dickinson said...

love this card , the colouring is great too,good luck in our challenge over on divas by designs x

Cheryl First said...

This is so cute, vicki! I love your papers, and you coloring style! Glad to have you with us! :)
Cheryl

Kimberly S said...

What a fabulous boy card Vicki! Such a cute image, and beautiful coloring! :) hugs, Kimberly

nwilliams6 said...

This is just the cutest card!!! Love your rope and the cute image. Fun stuff! Hugz!

Regina said...

howdy! Your card is so fun with the little cowboy! Perfect for a little man!

sending hugs Regina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Your Dad is going to love this! Adorable image and the papers and border are perfect! Love it.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this fantastic card. You have don a superb job showcasing this cute image. Gorgeous coloring, perfect background paper and the perfect embellishments. You really work your magic with Bugaboo images.

Sue said...

What a cute little cowpoke. Great papers to go with him too.

Hugs
Sue

Tonnie Deijkers said...

Very cute thanks for sharing with us at brown sugar
Grts tonnie

Asha said...

Oh that lassoo is such a clever little addition. Just so perfect for this card! Cute!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Joan Ervin said...

Awww, what a cute little cowboy and the roped up twine is such a great details!!!!!

Davi said...

This is absolutely adorable!! The little cowboy is tooo cute and such perfect dps for the western theme! Love it ;)

ribenaruby said...

Cute cowboy image! Love the mock rope element Vicki, fab touch. Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...